DVDVR Message Board

MAY PHOTO THREAD

He's sure getting a lot of mileage biting off of Volador Jr's shit

Devitt and Volador Jr would make for a good tag team in an alternate Global Force Wrestling.

BOB BACKLUND VS. MIKE JACKSON??? I really need to find this match!

Found it, from Pro Wrestling USA, a fun little 8-minute TV match. Also preceded by some Backlund promos that with no previous knowledge makes you think he was going for a serial killer gimmick in PWUSA:

http://youtu.be/F4yycH3eUkI

I don't know if I'd call him a serial killer for cutting a promo so boring it led to mass suicide. BOY OH BOY were all of those promos dreadful, and if I was Vince, I'd have sued for the constant WWF mentions and saying they had the champion there.
Those promos make me want to build a time machine to go back in time, so somehow psychopath Bob Backlund could have been a reality. It would have been perfect. He was so cold and emotionless in those promos. I could buy that Backlund would be burying prostitutes under his floorboards and keeping their heads in a meat freezer.

BOB BACKLUND VS. MIKE JACKSON???  I really need to find this match!

Found it, from Pro Wrestling USA, a fun little 8-minute TV match. Also preceded by some Backlund promos that with no previous knowledge makes you think he was going for a serial killer gimmick in PWUSA:

I don't know if I'd call him a serial killer for cutting a promo so boring it led to mass suicide. BOY OH BOY were all of those promos dreadful, and if I was Vince, I'd have sued for the constant WWF mentions and saying they had the champion there.

Backlund had a valid claim. He never submitted. 

That's Shortstack. Hornswoggle is Finlay's leprechaun son turned 3MB buddy, two completely different people. It's just like when people claim that Sami Zayn was El Generico.

The sad thing about Backlund in PWUSA is that they brought him in because they were going to run in the WWF's neck of the woods, and he didn't draw flies.

It was more of a "We have all the real champs" promotional thing. Backlund didn't stay there long and never main evented any of the PW USA cards at the Meadowlands. He only was in a tag team battle royal, a midcard match vs Zybysko, and a match with Larry Sharpe. He was never actually put in a situation in the New York area to draw.

The sad thing about Backlund in PWUSA is that they brought him in because they were going to run in the WWF's neck of the woods, and he didn't draw flies.

It was more of a "We have all the real champs" promotional thing. Backlund didn't stay there long and never main evented any of the PW USA cards at the Meadowlands. He only was in a tag team battle royal, a midcard match vs Zybysko, and a match with Larry Sharpe. He was never actually put in a situation in the New York area to draw.

How many shows did PWUSA even run, anyway?