DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-24-14

MGFanJay

I really hate that The Rhodes and The Real Americans are in the battle royal. After the last few months they've had, they deserve to be in the title match as well and get more of a chance to really shine. Way more than Ryback and Axel do, who really have done nothing at all the last few months.

• Like 1

Speaking of grumpy and bitter, I am not sure Nigel McGuinness will be happy to see someone use the Rebound Lariat on WWE TV in a way that actually made sense (well, Ambrosense).

Ambrose also used it on a PPV earlier this year (I think Elimination Chamber) and texted Nigel to say thanks.  Nigel tweeted about it, saying something like "I appreciate the text, but don't thank me, thank (name of guy who originally came up with the move)."  So he seemed surprisingly okay with it.

I really hate that The Rhodes and The Real Americans are in the battle royal. After the last few months they've had, they deserve to be in the title match as well and get more of a chance to really shine. Way more than Ryback and Axel do, who really have done nothing at all the last few months.

Well of course - even better - they announce RyBaxel as the #1 contenders and then immediately have them lose in less than a minute and then get beatdown by the Shield

• Like 2

Well of course - even better - they announce RyBaxel as the #1 contenders and then immediately have them lose in less than a minute and then get beatdown by the Shield

Even better than that, they lost on a fluke to a jobber team that will definitely have nothing of note to do at Mania.  Weird, wild stuff.  

• Like 1

Were people really expecting Naomi and AJ to have a singles match? More than half the divas have pinned AJ while Naomi was out...

Razor was so dreamy.

So, the Miz is only good at getting his ass kicked. Not that he good at selling or bumping. People just wanna see him get his ass kicked if they don't change the channel. I guess his career has come full circle in only 8 years.

All I wanted was for Scooby Doo to attack HHH and then unmask as Daniel Bryan. Too bad nobody in the company knows how to write cool shit for guest star segments.

All the kids who watch the show would be traumatized by seeing Scooby's head come off.  Plus there is no way HHH or creative would let D-Bry be Scooby.  You need to be at least 6'4" to play Scooby.  Now D-Bry as Scrappy Doo, I can see that working.  

• Like 1

The Shield/Real Americans was money. I loved how that match started, with Ambrose and Rollins just acting like total badasses up the aisle to bring it to Cesaro and Swagger. Great match. That bump to the floor Cesaro took off a Rollins backdrop was crazy. Cesaro might be the most athletic guy on the roster right now, which is saying a lot. The guy's strength we all know but he's also so agile. No big dude should look like he's trying out for the US (or Swiss) Men's Floor Gymnastics Team like that. Rollins is SO awesome as a fired up babyface. And Ambrose making his comeback based off disrespectful slaps to his face was great. He looks like a total lunatic. The rebound clothesline is an awesome add to his arsenal and fits what he's going for wonderfully well. I also dug the Americans swinging Ambrose into the railing a lot, too.

Harper/Cena was awesome. When do they do the Bray is abusive to Harper who breaks free from his master's spell thing? Two years or so? Because Harper is so awesome and can already work main event PPV quality matches. I also dug Cena worried in the bathroom seeing the sheep's mask behind him in the corner. A perfect head game showing the toil Bray can put another man through. The ending was indeed awesome, as the Brooklyn crowd said. I loved it because it was so twisted and creepy and all they did was tie Cena into the ropes and make him wear a mask and taunt him.

That's the power of pushing awesome character work in developmental.

• Like 3

HHH is just dying to cut one massive "Everyone these days whines on twitter" promo. He kinda got there with the twitter remark last night, and that promo about it being the era of excuses a few weeks ago.

Its going to be fucking awesome when he completely goes there. He's probably been holding that shit back for years.

Hogan's definitely lost inches since the multiple back surgeries, and Arnold always lied about his height. Speaking of shortness, the supposed 6'6" Batista looked TINY next to Orton.

• Like 1

Goddamn that Luke Harper/Cena match was AWESOME!~ I was marking the fuck out, they were bringing it big time last night!

Just a bit sad to see it finish on a DQ, but if we're lucky they will run it again on SD or RAW next week.  I need some Luke Harper in a singles match like that every week.

And Shield/Real Americans was insane.  As someone here MIGHT have mentioned, Dean Ambrose and his crazy hulk up spot was incredible  And that Seth Rollins hot tag was a thing of beauty.  So glad we got a 6man with them on the Mania card now, a good old school brawl w Kane & The Corporate Outlaw Stooges sounds like a ton of fun.

And Brock Lesnar is the king of crazy bumps.

• Like 1

It's such an overused smarky term I almost hate to use it, but it really does amaze me how much the workrate on Raw has kicked up over the past year with the emergence of Daniel Bryan and the Shield. Of course, there are tons of other guys who are contributing to this run (and everybody here knows who they are) but I feel like it was those 4 guys who really started the fire.

I'll probably get killed for this comparison, but it kinda reminds me of when Generation Next showed up in ROH and were having incredibly fun matches with everybody. They elevated whole shows because everybody else wanted to keep up.

• Like 3