DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-24-14

MGFanJay

Raw's opening was an amusing disaster. Loved Orton busting out laughing thanks to Batista, and his mic cutting out, and then him burying Steph. IC Shot Fatal 4 Way wasn't much before the break, but got awesome after it. Loved the Rampage powerbomb>Zig Zag>Kill Switch finish. Rest of the show wasn't much outside of the amazing Cena-Harper match. I didn't like their short SD one, but they made up for it here and then some by giving them so much time on the show that matters. This felt like a star-making match for Harper. The Shield-Real Americans was damn near perfect. The Shield came off as badasses, and seeing two semi-heel/semi-face teams against each other worked out great since the crowd dug both teams and was super-hot. It was a great match too, with Seth, Cesaro, and Ambrose shining during it and Reigns ruling after. Brock-Taker had some amusing stuff with Brock's erection, then his voice cracking, THEN THE CHANTING AND DRUIDS. That ruled. Shame the payoff to Taker's reveal took forever, and he once again just took Brock out like it was nothing - AND WITH PUNCHES too. At least Brock took an amazing bump here.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/03/raw-2-24-14.html

Screens -

13ade5316455555.jpg

c62411316465009.jpg

25c0b1316465083.jpg

d0e0df316455784.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/6x1lwlb6g42wy3wpwjl2hj3l4jsjgj7n

No wonder their mics are broken what with the careless way Brock throws them around.

Speaking of which, I hate to say this in case any WWE spies are reading but Steph has suddenly become one of the best promos in the company. Much better than her husband. She totally carried that segment with Orton and BFD, although Batista is much improved as a heel. Still, between her ad-libbing, Orton cracking up at everything, and Steph slapping the Ray Bans off Dave's face, she was great in that segment.

Although I think she missed her cue later with the Shield.

Steph is hilarious and people get on her for not showing enough ass but I thought the leather pants did the trick.

When Orton was telling Steph how smart and strong and savvy she was, I was fully expecting him to go on to "And God forbid your husband is unable to recover from the beating I'm going to give him, I just want want you to know that I can be there for you...and your kids.  While he's recovering, I will be there beside you to fill all the emptiness...to fill aaaaalllll your needs..."

And instead you just left that opening for Batista!!!!????

GODDAMN MISSED OPPORTUNITIES, ORTON!   THAT's WHY YOU'RE SUCH A DISAPPOITMENT

Breaks my heart that Lesnar is reduced to high school stage productions of MacBeth. It's already a foregone conclusion he's losing at WM, what the fuck is the point in him getting punked out every week?

So that we can witness his bumping prowess. 

Breaks my heart that Lesnar is reduced to high school stage productions of MacBeth. It's already a foregone conclusion he's losing at WM, what the fuck is the point in him getting punked out every week?

I was wondering this myself. Even CM Punk got some heat on Taker by stealing the urn.

I liked how every diva that came out when Vicki announced the WM match either got cheers or tepid applause, except for Eva Marie, who got booed like she was Rey Mysterio coming out for the Royal Rumble in the #30 spot.

VIckie deserves a title run just for that laugh.  I thought maybe they were playing a CD of TALES FROM THE CRYPT.

I was wondering this myself. Even CM Punk got some heat on Taker by stealing the urn.

I guess since everyone knows who's winning they figure they should play up Taker himself as simply an attraction...like a theme park ride that we're going to watch Brock go on.

• Like 1

The announcement of AJ/Naomi at WMXXX got a pop out of me. And then Cameron was added, and then The Bellas, etc. etc. etc. It just got worse and worse with each announcement. WWE could have had something special on their hands with AJ/Namoi at WMXXX and I dare say it would have been the Divas equal to Savage/Steamboat from Mania III. Vickie's evil witch laughter at the end was beyond awesome cheese and finished off a deflated segment on somewhat of a high note. Eva Marie's heat is amazing. If/When she learns how to work I can see her being the top heel Diva in WWE for some time.

Razor Ramon was cool, but I think Scott Hall should have been inducted. Scott Hall's involvement in the NWO was bigger than anything he did in WWE as Razor. Razor was entertaining. Hall revolutioned the business. Despite that, this HOF (with the exception of Lita) is the best one yet. I love all the whacky choices.

• Like 1

What KIND of match was that setting up anyway? A gauntlet? No, can't be. That would take up far too much time. ANOTHER battle royal? Doesn't make sense to do two of them. They should have just run the lumberjill concept and had Naomi go over AJ as she should..

Edit: It appears I am in agreement with Cibernetico. I think it's time to log off now.

The Cena-Wyatt stuff was also awesome tonight. I loved that they did the old seeing things in the mirror angle although Cena needed to get some overacting tips from Hogan - or watch a tape of Hogan-Warrior in WCW - to sell it better.

Then after that great match with Harper, I cracked up over the "this is awesome" chant for Cena getting Deliverance'd.

I know Cena is never going heel but I'd love for some day to see him just lose his shit on the crowd and be all like, "I'm dead with a creepy mask on me and you cheer! You guys are assholes!"

What KIND of match was that setting up anyway? A gauntlet? No, can't be. That would take up far too much time. ANOTHER battle royal? Doesn't make sense to do two of them. They should have just run the lumberjill concept and had Naomi go over AJ as she should..

Edit: It appears I am in agreement with Cibernetico. I think it's time to log off now.

Well they did do a Cruiserweight invitational match at WM 20 with about 7 guys that couldn't have lasted more than 10 minutes.  Hell I can't imagine Eva Marie getting at least 10 seconds