DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-24-14

MGFanJay

And for those that think Cesaro should do giant swings over the top rope, you've played too much  Mat Mania and Virtua Fighter.

Eh... it should be done to midgets dressed as little white bulls. 

I was thinking that when Cesaro inevitably turns face and leaves the Real Americans, Chris Masters would have been a great new partner for Swagger in the group's continuation. It's too bad he's gone.

This is a great idea!!!

I was thinking that when Cesaro inevitably turns face and leaves the Real Americans, Chris Masters would have been a great new partner for Swagger in the group's continuation. It's too bad he's gone.

I'd like for them to add a third member to the Real Americans and have them have a three-way feud with the Wyatts and the Shield, without breaking up any of those groups for a while.

Cesaro needs to become a face. His offense is built for a face and he is badass to have the baby backlash that often happens when they turn somebody face.  I have no problem keeping REal Americans around with Swagger and two other patriots. 

Seems like Cesaro is organically becoming a face anyway. You probably can't stop it now unless he purposely starts having shitty matches. It started with the giant swing and the fun-to-chant catchphrase, but now, just like the Shield, it's obvious to everyone how good he is and you can't boo a guy like that for long.

• Like 1

Seems like Cesaro is organically becoming a face anyway. You probably can't stop it now unless he purposely starts having shitty matches. It started with the giant swing and the fun-to-chant catchphrase, but now, just like the Shield, it's obvious to everyone how good he is and you can't boo a guy like that for long.

WWE has a lot of heels getting over due to their in-ring performances. Fuck the character and promos- just the matches alone got The Sheild, Cesaro, and Wyatts over. Dolph Ziggler was over pretty big at one time (and is still over) because he bumps around like Mr. Perfect on crazy pills. I can't think of a recent period in WWE where a ton of heels are having good matches (while still doing heelish things) and getting super over because of it. I hope this trend continues. I am surprised WWE hasn't told guys like Harper, Rollins, Cesaro, etc. to not do certain things because it will get them face reactions. I remember WWE at one point told a heel Booker T to stop doing the Spinaroonie and the same communication was sent to a heel Rene Dupree when The French Tickler started to get over.

Also, was that the worst intro of Hogan's life?  He butchered Joe Manganiello's name into "Joe Magnioli" which...okay it's not the easiest name, but then he very clearly said Arnold "Schwartz-a-n***er".  I rewound that thing four times, played it for other people, and everyone hears the same thing.

If John Cena gets injured/retired, WWE should throw lots of money at Manganiello and make him the face of WWE: big guy, handsome, ripped, and great on the mic.

So was Matt Morgan. Didn't work out so well.

Could you post some examples of Morgan's oratory skills? I seem to have missed these promos. Also, anytime you nickname someone "The Blueprint" you have foredoomed them to failure. A blueprint is a piece of paper drawn by an architect or engineer. Probably the stupidest nickname in wrestling since "the Anvil",  (an anvil is an immobile piece of metal that you beat on with a hammer... Oh...)

Morgan's manner of speaking and quality of voice make his promos feel like throwbacks to the '80s.  He doesn't stumble over words.  He remembers his talking points without sounding overly rehearsed.  I always thought "The DNA of TNA" was a great wrestling nickname.

LOL, so much for Cody and Goldie

Matt Morgan was great on the mic? Really?

That post is actually written in the style of Matt Morgan promos.

"Are you serious right now?!"

You could take  a guy with Piper's mic skills, Hogan's charisma, and Daniel Bryan's in-ring capability and stick him in TNA and they would find a way to not get him over.

Morgan was doomed in WWF as soon as they gave him that stupid stuttering gimmick. Guy is 7 feet tall and massively cut, and instead of "big guy who beats the crap out of people", the gimmick they came up with was "stutterer". Shameful.

Morgan was doomed in WWF as soon as they gave him that stupid stuttering gimmick. Guy is 7 feet tall and massively cut, and instead of "big guy who beats the crap out of people", the gimmick they came up with was "stutterer". Shameful.

There is that. But then what do you expect from a company that was going to get a worker over by having him puke on opponents?