DVDVR Message Board

Raw 3-24-14

MGFanJay

Steph is hilarious and people get on her for not showing enough ass but I thought the leather pants did the trick.

I rewound the part where she exits the ring and, no, she did not show enough ass.

The announcement of AJ/Naomi at WMXXX got a pop out of me. And then Cameron was added, and then The Bellas, etc. etc. etc. It just got worse and worse with each announcement. WWE could have had something special on their hands with AJ/Namoi at WMXXX and I dare say it would have been the Divas equal to Savage/Steamboat from Mania III. Vickie's evil witch laughter at the end was beyond awesome cheese and finished off a deflated segment on somewhat of a high note. Eva Marie's heat is amazing. If/When she learns how to work I can see her being the top heel Diva in WWE for some time.

You know nothing about wrestling if you didn't realize the instant that Vicki came out that she would make a match for AJ to defend the title against, at a minimum, every diva who has defeated her in recent weeks, plus Tamina. Tamina did a good job of reacting of being added to the match, I thought.

I expect AJ to lose at Mania. Then, I've actually got some wood at the idea of HHH engaging in some retributive booking against CM Punk by putting AJ in some soap opera-y relationship angle.

Luke Harper escaping from Cena's hold made everyone who has ever tapped with a free arm when they were capable of poking their opponent in the eye look like an idiot.

Enough of this bickering.  There are bigger questions raised tonight.

Like, for instance, if Joe Manganello and Roman Reigns are in the same place, does that mean Robert Patrick is leading the greasy werewolf pack to breakfast at Huddle House?

• Like 1

Nothing like a guy who could legit murder your whole family with both bearclub arms tied behind his back selling bumpz for a soon-to-be member of AARP.

To be fair, Taker is using Brock's kryptonite:

UFC116-ShaneCarwinWinXBrockLesnar1a-250-

lesnor-vs-cain.gif

• Like 3

I understand the complaints about how Brock's booked/looked, but really... that ship sailed the minute he lost his return match cleanly (even if it was sold as a "fluke"). Hell, I loved the Punk match, but even in that one, they had Heyman inteference to save him from possible defeat.

They'll feed him a Henry or Show occasionally to keep him strong, but he's not the mega-monster he should have been. He's not going to be the mega-monster he should be. It's a waste and sort of ridiculous, but it's not going to change. Especially not against The Undertaker. Accept it, deal with it (/Batista), move on.

Enough of this bickering. There are bigger questions raised tonight.

Like, for instance, if Joe Manganello and Roman Reigns are in the same place, does that mean Robert Patrick is leading the greasy werewolf pack to breakfast at Huddle House?

Does that make Dean the drug addicted jealous broad?

Enough of this bickering.  There are bigger questions raised tonight.

At some point, I need Hollywood to make a movie that features Manganiello, Reigns, Jason Momoa, and Chris Hemsworth as a family of contract assassins who do their murderous deeds with swords and only--no guns allowed.  I'm convinced they're cousins with about 4.5 degrees of separation.

Nothing like a guy who could legit murder your whole family with both bearclub arms tied behind his back selling bumpz for a soon-to-be member of AARP.

Your application to be the new Gonzalez is being reviewed, thank you for the time it took you to apply.

Did he also realize the absurdity of a guy who was an MMA champ a few years ago selling spots for another guy who is almost old enough to be his dad?

Taker 49, Lesnar 36.

• Like 1

Manganiello looks like a giant sized Hugh Jackman. Oh, and I'm absolutely loving that usually when actors punk out wrestlers there's a contingent of folks whining about it. But I guess since it was Miz, then it's ok. Fuckin' hypocrites. :)

• Like 1

Your application to be the new Gonzalez is being reviewed, thank you for the time it took you to apply.
Did he also realize the absurdity of a guy who was an MMA champ a few years ago selling spots for another guy who is almost old enough to be his dad?

Taker 49, Lesnar 36.

Are you not aware of the teen pregnancy epidemic sweeping the nation?

Manganiello looks like a giant sized Hugh Jackman. Oh, and I'm absolutely loving that usually when actors punk out wrestlers there's a contingent of folks whining about it. But I guess since it was Miz, then it's ok. Fuckin' hypocrites. :)

I hope they can promote Game of Thrones by having Peter Dinklage punk out the Miz.

I hope they can promote Game of Thrones by having Peter Dinklage punk out the Miz.

I see you and raise you a Ramsay Bolton.

• Like 3

Ramsay Bolton based on A Storm of Swords or Ramsay Bolton based on A Dance with Dragons?

Ramsay Bolton based on A Storm of Swords or Ramsay Bolton based on A Dance with Dragons?

Oh, you sullied mother.

THEMAN ON MY TV WHO EAT A DICK SAUSGE!!!!

That Shield vs Real Americans match was really off the charts great. I'm sure I came off like I didn't like Ambrose during that Okada March Madness shebacle but that couldn't be further from the truth. He's gotten extremely good over the past couple years. I wonder if there is anyone he'd credit in his development. Who are the main agents right now? Rollins as well. That segment where he hit the back to back dives was some of the hottest offense ever. His celebration after hitting the second dive read as legit "I fucking love my job!!"

Cesaro as great as he is was overshadowed here.

Undertaker looked in way better shape then when I last saw him. I wonder if we don't see him more postMania.

The announcement of AJ/Naomi at WMXXX got a pop out of me. And then Cameron was added, and then The Bellas, etc. etc. etc. It just got worse and worse with each announcement. WWE could have had something special on their hands with AJ/Namoi at WMXXX and I dare say it would have been the Divas equal to Savage/Steamboat from Mania III.

Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus from WM 22 is the Savage/Steamboat or the high watermark for Diva matches at Mania.

I wish Arnold was in the battle royal.

I don't think he could pass the wellness test. It was amusing to see Hulk Hogan grab The Miz and toss him out of the ring in slow motion though.

More amusing was Miz claiming he's a REAL tough guy.

• Like 1

Oh, you sullied mother.

THEMAN ON MY TV WHO EAT A DICK SAUSGE!!!!

That was not a dick sausage. Did you think he was some sort of savage?

I wish Arnold was in the battle royal.

When he tossed out that throwaway line, it did get me to thinking how it sucked Arnold never got to work a proper wrestling angle. That might be the biggest missed celebrity tie in ever. He looked great, talked great, and clearly loves wrestling so I'm sure he would've been all-in with whatever he had to do. It's unfortunate - for Vince, not for him - he was the biggest movie star on the planet for most of the 80s/90s then basically moved right into politics until old age.

A Hogan/Arnold vs Jesse/Savage angle probably would've blown the Trump numbers out of the water.

• Like 3

That four way was awesome with a real hot crowd for it. Excellent finish, glad to see Christian win and I kinda wish they'd put the IC title on him tomorrow but I doubt it. A title change like that seems like something they would've done to make Main Event on the Network more must see. Cena/Harper was good stuff, figured they'd have a longer rematch after the SD match. Always love Hulkster's segments, it's still the best any time Real American hits. Weird that Miz is super heel again suddenly but a fun segment. Seemed weird at first that Razor Ramon's being inducted with no mention of Scott Hall at all but glad to see he's going in, great choice. Glad Mania gets a divas match that isn't a singles match. Good to see every one of them will get a spot and hopefully there will be a new champ, would like to see one of the more unexpected ones win. Shield/Real Americans was awesome.. glad to see both teams manage to stay together for now despite teasing breakups. Fun ending even if Taker's arrival took awhile, the long druids entrance always rules.