DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I can't believe people are actually advocating hiring Stacy Keibler at what would likely be way too much money simply based on the fact that she is "famous".Why is someone who doesn't watch WWE going to suddenly turn on Raw because they saw "WWE performer Stacy Keibler" under some picture of her being famous for doing nothing in a crappy celebrity magazine?

I wonder how many of these same people are shitting on the idea of bringing Batista back, someone who people actually did tune into Raw to see, who has made people come to arenas and buy PPVs before.

• Like 3

TNA was for sale and Jarrett through his connections with the Nashville music industry and Keith in particular, tried to put together a bid to buy the company. The deal was very close at one point. Bob Carter came to Keith to finalize the deal and the two sides were close on a price, although they were not quite there. The belief is they were going to hash it out, but Carter only had one request in selling, which was that Dixie Carter would remain with her title, have some power in the company and remain a television character. Keith said he wasn’t going to buy the company with any creative limitations, so the deal actually fell apart because Bob Carter in the end was going to protect his daughter.

from the observer.

At least Carter didn't ask Keith to rehire Hogan and Bischoff.

If he was serious about selling, making Dixie a dealbreaker is an odd move.

TNA was for sale and Jarrett through his connections with the Nashville music industry and Keith in particular, tried to put together a bid to buy the company. The deal was very close at one point. Bob Carter came to Keith to finalize the deal and the two sides were close on a price, although they were not quite there. The belief is they were going to hash it out, but Carter only had one request in selling, which was that Dixie Carter would remain with her title, have some power in the company and remain a television character. Keith said he wasn’t going to buy the company with any creative limitations, so the deal actually fell apart because Bob Carter in the end was going to protect his daughter.

from the observer.

Not surprising though. He's kept the company alive this long SOLELY for her.

So, if/when HHH and Bryan happens at Mania, they'd be friggin' insane to have anything other than a clean-as-a-sheet win by Bryan, right?

So, what are the chances WWE fucks that up anyway?

So, if/when HHH and Bryan happens at Mania, they'd be friggin' insane to have anything other than a clean-as-a-sheet win by Bryan, right?

If they actually run Bryan/HHH, I'd say the chances of Bryan going over are pretty good.  There's always a chance they'll do one of their everyone-expects-this-guy-to-win-so-he's-losing swerves, though.

I don't think they run Bryan-HHH, though (or Punk-Trips, for that matter).  Either someone politics backstage, or they simply decide they don't have enough faith in Bryan to give him that slot on the card.

Honestly, I expected them to start the Wrestlemania feuds by now.   Royal Rumble-Wrestlemania is usually the one time of year creative can be counted on to come up with some compelling long-term booking.

It will probably end with a Pedigree and Triple H shoving Bryan into a box labeled "ROH". Right before closing the lid Triple H will smirk at the camera and say "Hi CM Punk". The End.

• Like 1

from the observer.

He just doesn't want to have to give her a job at Panda where she could do some real damage.

• Like 3

from the observer.

He just doesn't want to have to give her a job at Panda where she could do some real damage.

Yeah, at this point, it is very safe to assume TNA solely exists as a shiny ball to keep Dixie's attention away from Panda.

• Like 2

Are these "Diva Day Off" photo sets supposed to be hot or...?

I don't see the point.

I can see from this post you might not have considered the idea that it's to humanize them and make them seem like real people....

Well I just looked at the sets so that's probably NOT the point...

Are these "Diva Day Off" photo sets supposed to be hot or...?

I don't see the point.

I can see from this post you might not have considered the idea that it's to humanize them and make them seem like real people....

Well I just looked at the sets so that's probably NOT the point...

My favorite part of those shoots is they always have them in the most ridiculous poses.  "Why I ALWAYS lay in bed reading a book with my ass up in the air like an alley cat in heat!"

So, Dixie is a near-50 year old woman, college-educated, married with two children...and yet she still somehow needs her dad to pull strings and protect her? Jeez.

This is why you shouldn't spoil your children, folks.

• Like 1