DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

No. No rookies. They have to not suck.

Communications expert Solomon Crowe.

Middle East operative Sami Zayn.

Martial Arts expert Quick Kick.

Seriously there is no worse idea in the world than bringing Sami in as anything other than a likable babyface.  

Okay there are worse ideas, but this one is bad.

Like having Michael Hayes come in as the newest member of the Shield.

But it is still very bad.

Yeah okay 77 posts

If you want him to actually get a push, he has to come in as a heel, unless you want him to be Xavier Woods for the rest of his life. Creative doesn't do face debuts well at all, but can knock it out of the park with the heels.

Stacy Keibler is way more famous than anyone on the WWE roster right now. She's real-world famous and not wrestling famous. If all they get out of it are things like "WWE personality Stacy Kiebler is seen here..." in People Magazine or whatever it's worth it. She's essentially a walking version of a billboard advertisement at a baseball game -- eyeballs to the brand.

You nailed it. Granted, she hasn't ever really done anything noteworthy, but the mainstream knows who she is.

Have YOU slept with Hollywood dreamboat George Clooney? 

I don't kiss and tell.

• Like 1

yeah okay 3 inches

That video calls him Generico who he is not so it makes the whole thing invalid and it didn't happen

Like you rigging the results of March Madness every year

It's true. It's true. I can't jump very high.

• Like 3

Those remaining seven minutes she has of fame is a LOT more fame than everyone on the WWE roster right now has combined and by a wide margin. The only WWE alum with her level of fame are The Rock, Hogan, Jesse Ventura and the McMahons. And out of those, she's probably only eclipsed by The Rock.

I mean, yeah, she didn't do anything for her fame except get lucky and date the most famous movie star alive for a while. But that's still mainstream fame that no one in wrestling has (and every single person in wrestling would die for in one second flat).

I'd say more people now know who John Cena is than Stacy Keibler. Just so I don't get a bunch of "lol wrestling bubble" responses even if Cena and Keibler are on the same level, it doesn't change the fact that Cena is actually on Total Divas and they still don't move passed a 1.4. How many of Clooney's ex's can the average person name? I mean, David Otunga married Jennifer Hudson, and I don't see him moving the needle any time he's on TV.

Chris Masters did an AMA today. Nothing really noteworthy other than it doesn't seem as though he really follows WWE right now, which is interesting. I know he's a loved one around here, so I figured I'd give the heads up.

Big chris masters news coming to the board soon.

Yeah okay 77 posts

If you want him to actually get a push, he has to come in as a heel, unless you want him to be Xavier Woods for the rest of his life. Creative doesn't do face debuts well at all, but can knock it out of the park with the heels.

Is 77 posts an insult?  Because oh my goodness are my feelings hurt.  Wait do you hear that?  In the background?  That my friend is the sound of the lamentations of my women.

But let us take the most naturally likable guy on the roster and make him a heel because nothing says heel like a super skinny dude whose best attribute is selling.  Sounds great!  

Make any good posts about Batista's belly button lately?  Regale us with your brilliance.

• Like 5

Well, it obviously worked if it was, I can practically taste the butthurt.

I wouldn't call Zayn super skinny, though, or his best attribute selling. I feel like we are watching different people. I'd say his best attribute is that he does cool shit and can put a match together well.

Thank you for looking up the rest of my posts, buddy! Maybe someday you'll get a 45% like rate, let alone the 70% I have.

I don't care how many posts the guy has, he's welcome if he can split my sides with gems like this:

Wait do you hear that?  In the background?  That my friend is the sound of the lamentations of my women.

I'm not even sure what that means, but I can't stop laughing. Advantage this guy.

Yeah they totally shit the bed on debuting Bo's brother

And Jae, it's a Conan reference which means he stalked my stuff enough to know what a fan I am. Watch Conan the Barbarian, Jae. The original not the remake. And I don't mean Conan the he Destroyer either.