DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Corey Graves can't do it since he has to be fake Punk. They should introduce Sami as fake Bryan and bring them in as a unit. 

Just have Bryan still be there.

Anyway, I see the Shield like some of those lucha trios that last for years with slightly different rosters.

• Like 1

Though The Shield doesn't have to be just three guys. You people need to think outside the box and the potential for a larger task force here.

Should they be the new NeXus? NxShield with lots of rookies destroying everything

Eh

I guess you should have someone come in as a face but really be an undercover operative. Sami can do that.

You know they'll just throw the whole thing out and Rollins will get a Mike Brady gimmick because that's all the writing team knows about architects

Eh

I guess you should have someone come in as a face but really be an undercover operative. Sami can do that.

You know they'll just throw the whole thing out and Rollins will get a Mike Brady gimmick because that's all the writing team knows about architects

A Ted Mosby gimmick would be pretty great.

Though The Shield doesn't have to be just three guys. You people need to think outside the box and the potential for a larger task force here.

Should they be the new NeXus? NxShield with lots of rookies destroying everything

They already had a New Nexus, with Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel leaving rather than hit each other with kendo sticks as ordered by CM Punk.

Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal can leave 3MB and join forces with Curtis Axel and Ryback, then the brains behind the operation can be revealed as Titus O'Neal, who dubs his faction the New New Nexus.

Eh

Mexican wrestler Ted!

Mexican_ted.jpg

• Like 1

just going to throw this out there so someone can steal the idea... a stable of WWE guys born in the 80s/90s who band together to represent shiftless lost youth or something. A group of Drew McIntyre, Xavier Woods (like a Psych master is getting a job these days?), JTG and Hornswoggle.

although they could probably pull off a stable of underemployed 20somethings a lot more convincingly in an indy/ROH. Rage against the lack of a job market, bro. Lost Generation!

Eh

"WWE Universe, sit right down and I'll tell you How I Met My Tag Partner."

• Like 3

Stacy Keibler is way more famous than anyone on the WWE roster right now. She's real-world famous and not wrestling famous. If all they get out of it are things like "WWE personality Stacy Kiebler is seen here..." in People Magazine or whatever it's worth it. She's essentially a walking version of a billboard advertisement at a baseball game -- eyeballs to the brand.

You nailed it. Granted, she hasn't ever really done anything noteworthy, but the mainstream knows who she is.

Yeah, because being the number 2 host behind Nick Cannon on a VH1 Pre-Superbowl show = Big Time. Let's face it, at most she got her 15 minutes of fame from Clooney, and she has about 7 minutes left. If WWE were to bring her in, it'd look so bush-league. And I doubt your average 11 year old fan knows who she is. They've brought in Hugh Jackman, Snoop Dogg, Mark Cuban, Ashton Kutcher, Kristen Wiig, and plenty of others when they were doing the Guest Host gimmick years ago. Did it completely change the landscape of RAW and turn it into the new age SNL? No. It got a couple minutes of WWE coverage on The Soup.

If Keibler does sign, it's the number 5 article on TMZ.com, and then she goes back to being another WWE diva. I don't know why people are saying this is going to get some crazy coverage for WWE. It's not like this is Scarlett Johansen signing.

• Like 1

There is money in getting Keibler on Total Divas. And there's something in it for her. She's famous for being famous so getting promoted constantly on E! will raise her profile considerably.

I could also see them doing a Keibler v. Rae Mania danceoff.  

Stacy Keibler is way more famous than anyone on the WWE roster right now. She's real-world famous and not wrestling famous. If all they get out of it are things like "WWE personality Stacy Kiebler is seen here..." in People Magazine or whatever it's worth it. She's essentially a walking version of a billboard advertisement at a baseball game -- eyeballs to the brand.

You nailed it. Granted, she hasn't ever really done anything noteworthy, but the mainstream knows who she is.

Have YOU slept with Hollywood dreamboat George Clooney? 

Those remaining seven minutes she has of fame is a LOT more fame than everyone on the WWE roster right now has combined and by a wide margin. The only WWE alum with her level of fame are The Rock, Hogan, Jesse Ventura and the McMahons. And out of those, she's probably only eclipsed by The Rock.

I mean, yeah, she didn't do anything for her fame except get lucky and date the most famous movie star alive for a while. But that's still mainstream fame that no one in wrestling has (and every single person in wrestling would die for in one second flat).