DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I wasn't trying to be a prick. I saw it happen more than once, it made me chuckle, and his hair came up again. 

I'm sorry having a little fun bugs you so much..

I think it was the casual use of the dreaded shoot namez that made it come off slightly prickish.

How soon we forget last week's Smackdown, when HHH only gave Shield the six-man tag at Elimination Chamber when Reigns got in his face.

That wasn't HHH showing ass. That was him trying to keep his two sets of attack dogs from tearing each apart and saying "Fine, you're gonna get in my face? You can have what you want, but you'll regret it."

Got any advice for a chilli-eating contest?

Mick Knowles

Bubba, you eat the chilli. You %10000 wear the diapers. You shit your pants worse than the Paula Deen. You be ready in case you become biggest chilli eat jabroni like the Tito Santana.

What is the best way to solve a 'Paper Champ' problem?

—Dee Jay Tetro

Paper champ never fucking real world champ. You fucking slap the fucking mosquito dick paper champ with your backhand and then that dumb bitch finished.

How do you feel about the Ultimate Warrior getting inducted into the WWE hall of fame?

Gina Frescott

Ultimate Warrior. He have the sex for the money. He put the steroid in his ass for fun. He paint his face like fucking clown. He never respect the other wrestlers. He fuck with the company. He never show people the respect. Now he go to Hall of fame? He go to hall of fame for low life piece of shit raisin balls cocksucker and one day he go to hall of fame of hell. I don't like him. I don't respect him. he never pay for his due. This way I don’t give a fuck. He make my company money. They know best. Fuck him still.

How do I get my girl to stop nagging without using the sleeper hold?

Jose Moledo

Bubba the lady don't fucking show you the respect you suplex her and you tell her get the fuck out of the car take a fucking walk. You are the legend. Not her.

Raccoons keep getting into my trash. How do I stop them?

Emily Donaldson

FUCK THE RACOONS. BUBBA YOU TAKE THE FUCKING POISON YOU PUT  JABRONI CHEESEBURGER THEN THEY EAT THE CHEESEBURGER THEY BECOME MICHAEL VICK DOG.

God I am fucking crying from laughter right now.

• Like 4

How soon we forget last week's Smackdown, when HHH only gave Shield the six-man tag at Elimination Chamber when Reigns got in his face.

That wasn't HHH showing ass. That was him trying to keep his two sets of attack dogs from tearing each apart and saying "Fine, you're gonna get in my face? You can have what you want, but you'll regret it."
They actually haven't done one tiny bit of insinuating that the Wyatts work for HHH previously. All fan speculation thus far.

They actually haven't done one tiny bit of insinuating that the Wyatts work for HHH previously. All fan speculation thus far.

I got the impression Harper was hinting at it during tonight's promo.

"What you three fail to realize is that he has always been your king."

I got the impression Harper was hinting at it during tonight's promo.

"What you three fail to realize is that he has always been your king."

I can see that going both ways. One, "He's your king" crazy gibberish or two, indeed, a hint at a reveal of HHH being behind the Wyatts. But before the last week, there was nothing at all besides speculation. Like this speculation that Punk was gonna job to HHH at Mania that has somehow become a "fact" that people are basing discussions on.

BTW, I'm adoring the whole "WWE doesn't do long term subtle storytelling except when they do " mentality I've been seeing. It's precious.

• Like 1

http://www.maxim.com/sports/the-5-best-and-5-worst-wrestling-finishing-moves-chosen-chris-jericho

Interesting points about the Pedigree, and 100% agreed about Konnan's shitty finish

I completely disagree about the Go To Sleep, though.  I've never liked the move, no matter who was doing it, because I always felt the guy selling it looked like a moron because half the time, he lands on his feet, then has to fall over backwards.  Also, a big boo to including the RKO and not the Diamond Cutter which was much more versatile and exciting.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/lofiversion/index.php?t37095.html

So this is kinda cool. It's a WreslteMania XXX thread from just over 10 years ago that someone linked me to. Interesting read if you have 10 or 15 minutes to kill.

One guy makes a huge call early that PPV will be dead because of "amazing Internet broadband" which, you have to admit, probably didn't cross alot of people's minds back then.

But the best call of them all goes to Zack Malibu who on July 17th 2003 put it all on the line to say: "Oh, and as for Wrestlemania 30, I guarantee there's a match that centers around a Billy Gunn push of some sort, be it a competitor/manager/return...whatever. It's Billy Gunn. He'll be there. Face it."

Bravo Mr. Malibu.

If you look age wise then these guys would still be in their 30's at the time of WXXX:

Brock Lesnar, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Brian Kendrick, Batista, Jamie Knoble, Billy Kidman, Haas, Benjamin, John Cena, Rhyno, Randy Orton, LA Resistance, Christian, Edge

yes, no, maybe, no, yes, no, no, no, no, yes, no, yes, non, probably, no. That's 6 possible yes's out of 16 names. Nevermind the shitty math that put Batista in his 30s in 2014.

6 of 16 is solid

:rolleyes:

didn't sound prickish to me at all. Infact, MORELOCK kinda seems like the prickish one in this scenario.

Well my prickish IS a little rusty.  I haven't used it regularly in years.  8 semesters in high school and I can hardly decipher a simple name drop now.  

Just wait until they decide to give Ryback a "competitive eater" gimmick

Which would be a perfect opportunity to bring in KENTA

jk omg

(They probably fucking would)

Ryback vs. Kobayashi at Mania?

MONEY~!

This confused the shit out of me for a second

hopefully someone can get Jared Lorenzen into the Performance Center. Plus he has a natural alternate nickname now, the River Monster.

Didn't he already do a couple tours with SPWC, or was that an actual river monster?

http://www.maxim.com/sports/the-5-best-and-5-worst-wrestling-finishing-moves-chosen-chris-jericho

Interesting points about the Pedigree, and 100% agreed about Konnan's shitty finish

I like how the dude using a regular ass Boston Crab like the kids in NJPW opening matches is ranking finishers.

• Like 1

For a moment I thought Abby, Jr. from BJW was a competitive eater. The River Monster is Lorenzen's cousin. Also, how dare you besmirch Rick Martel's finisher.

I love the idea that somehow Stacy Keibler is valuable enough to be offered a "lucrative offer".  I can just see the pitch: "Now, you're a terrible wrestler...and now that we're PG we can't really play up the sex appeal angle anymore, but you used to date George Clooney, so, here's a massive offer."

Are you kidding? E! would absolutely, positively love to have her on the Divas show. That would be huge for that show, just gigantic.

If Stacy Keibler came back to the WWE, she'd never wrestle a second. She could either just be a valet type who doesn't wrestle and no one would bring it up that she doesn't, or she'd be a heel type who claims she's too good to wrestle like the rest of these tramps. She could also feud with Summer over being on "Dancing with the Stars."

There's a lot of reasons why Stacy Keibler would be a huge "get" for the WWE.

I love the idea that somehow Stacy Keibler is valuable enough to be offered a "lucrative offer".  I can just see the pitch: "Now, you're a terrible wrestler...and now that we're PG we can't really play up the sex appeal angle anymore, but you used to date George Clooney, so, here's a massive offer."

Are you kidding? E! would absolutely, positively love to have her on the Divas show. That would be huge for that show, just gigantic.

If Stacy Keibler came back to the WWE, she'd never wrestle a second. She could either just be a valet type who doesn't wrestle and no one would bring it up that she doesn't, or she'd be a heel type who claims she's too good to wrestle like the rest of these tramps. She could also feud with Summer over being on "Dancing with the Stars."

There's a lot of reasons why Stacy Keibler would be a huge "get" for the WWE.

An upgrade for a third-rate reality show on basic cable and a feud with Summer over Dancing with the Stars?  You're absolutely right, this will do major blockbuster business for the WWE!!!!

• Like 2

I completely disagree about the Go To Sleep, though.  I've never liked the move, no matter who was doing it, because I always felt the guy selling it looked like a moron because half the time, he lands on his feet, then has to fall over backwards. 

Seth Rollins sells it perfectly.  He just...is dead.

Everything is not about increasing PPV buys. This would be about getting mainstream attention (and tons of free publicity) from a whole 'nother audience than the one used to watching. This is a big company, it can throw around big deals like candy. All the talk about George Clooney's ex-girlfriend returning to wrasslin' (and her new role on a reality show) would be worth whatever millions they'd throw at her.

Are you really telling me that you value the 60 to 90 or so seconds of coverage it would garner on a show like Extra! and a few blurbs in tabloid rags like US Weekly as being worth millions?  She is George Clooney's ex and a reality show finalist, and that's it.  She isn't in the mainstream - her modicum of attention came as an exceedingly-brief fluke in spite of her connection to wrestling, rather than because of it.  After Dancing with the Stars, the only reason she hadn't fallen off the Hollywood radar completely was due to her relationship with Clooney.  Unless she hooks up with another major star, they'd be better off just buying a prime-time commercial on a major network.  The demographic that likes Dancing With the Stars and that "who's dating who in Hollywood" bullshit will not suddenly tune in and become enamored with Bray Wyatt or the Elimination Chamber.

• Like 1

Hey guys! Stacy Kiebler might come back to the WWE!

Internet Wrestling Fan: How does this make money for someone else?

Normal Fucking People: Sweet! More Stacy Kiebler in my life!

• Like 16