DVDVR Message Board

2014 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

since this flew under the radar, here's some crazy shit (taken from Giant Bomb)

Assassin's Creed Unity's technical issues have been well-documented, and Ubisoft's trying to own up to them. The company today announced a series of steps it's taking to apologize.

"Unfortunately, at launch, the overall quality of the game was diminished by bugs and unexpected technical issues," said Ubisoft Montreal CEO Yannis Mallat in a letter. "I want to sincerely apologize on behalf of Ubisoft and the entire Assassin's Creed team. These problems took away from your enjoyment of the game, and kept many of you from experiencing the game at its fullest potential."

First, sales on Unity's season pass have stopped. It's possible Ubisoft will reverse course, but not for the moment. Ubisoft is offering Unity's Dead Kings downloadable content, once scheduled for the season pass, to anyone who bought Unity. There's no release date for Dead Kings, but it's coming "soon."

If you already purchased a season pass (or bought a version of the game bundled with a season pass), Ubisoft's offering you a free game. We're not talking something from the company's back catalog, either. Watch Dogs, Far Cry 4, The Crew, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Rayman Legends, and Just Dance 2015 are part of the lineup. One of those isn't even out yet, and several of those games are pretty darn good.

Though the season pass is no longer for sale, the promised content will still roll out in the months ahead.

IT'S THE MOOOOOOST WONDERFUL TIIIIIIIME OOOOOF THE YEEEEEEAR

seriously we've finally found out what it means for a game to be too broken for ubisoft to brush off. it's amazing.

• Like 2

Beat the first Uncharted

Whoever thought the jet skiing upstream shit was a good idea can eat a bag of dicks.

I wasn't thrilled with the enemies introduced in the third act but I also reminded myself that the came was made like 5 years ago and it wasn't as cliched then.

Started up Uncharted 2. Definitely like the upgrade in visuals and I am Claudia Black mark so two thumbs up early on

• Like 2

Beat the first Uncharted

Whoever thought the jet skiing upstream shit was a good idea can eat a bag of dicks.

I wasn't thrilled with the enemies introduced in the third act but I also reminded myself that the came was made like 5 years ago and it wasn't as cliched then.

Started up Uncharted 2. Definitely like the upgrade in visuals and I am Claudia Black mark so two thumbs up early on

Yeah, I didn't really like the jet ski upstream either. Of course, Uncharted 1 on Crushing is hard but once you aim for headshots every time, it's very easy.

Picked up The Binding of Isaac (the original) with DLC for less than a buck on Steam today. Proceeded to play it for several hours. I like roguelikes and dual joystick games, so this is in my wheelhouse.

Thought of picking up Risk of Rain as well, but I'm not sure how well it plays solo, since what little talk I see is all based on the multiplayer...

Picked up The Binding of Isaac (the original) with DLC for less than a buck on Steam today. Proceeded to play it for several hours. I like roguelikes and dual joystick games, so this is in my wheelhouse.

Thought of picking up Risk of Rain as well, but I'm not sure how well it plays solo, since what little talk I see is all based on the multiplayer...

I enjoyed it a lot more solo than I ever did in multiplayer. Massing up all those powers on yourself is the closest thing a modern video game has gotten to Bangai-O Ridiculous. But, I'm also crazy, so I guess keep that in mind.

Black Friday weekend sales on Xbox Live got me Fight Night Champion for $2.99. It's pretty good. Champion Mode is really short, but that's fine with me.

I almost got Injustice: Gods Among Us, but the Ultimate Edition on Amazon is cheaper.

Not sure if anyone plays on here but I recently got back into Star Wars: The Old Republic when I got a newer-ish computer recently I forgot that it's pretty decent. It's a good time killer while the Mrs. is watching TV / Doing DDP Yoga and I can't play Dragon Age on the PS4.

Who'd a thunk having a system $70 cheaper than last year (comparing like for like, so with Kinect) bundled with two games will lead to sales.  After the PS3 $500/$600 debacle you'd think that would be well known by now, but it didn't take Microsoft too long to figure it out anyway.  They've pretty much fixed all their issues from last year so it should be more even going forward. 

I don't know whether the 'polygon are working for Microsoft' narrative is old hat or not, but they seem to have the same policies about which countries do and don't exist when evaluating which system is selling the best.

• Like 3

I don't know whether the 'polygon are working for Microsoft' narrative is old hat or not, but they seem to have the same policies about which countries do and don't exist when evaluating which system is selling the best.

The "any successful game website is being paid off by a console maker" narrative is laughed off by anyone with maturity.

• Like 1

The "any successful game website is being paid off by a console maker" narrative is laughed off by anyone with maturity.

Man game journalism is where it's at...get payed off by the console makers AND sex from the game makers!

• Like 1

I think the console sales from this season are going to be insane.  The deal I got on my PS4, newegg sold over 7K just on Ebay.  When the Xbox One bundle went down to $329, I noticed twice that Amazon ran out of stock.  Within an hour they had some back, but I am guessing they had to check another warehouse, check their supplier, etc.  The bundles were pretty nuts all the way around.  Yea the Wii U is low percentage wise but I bet they still sold a decent amount with Smash Bros coming out.