DVDVR Message Board

2014 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Phil Spencer went to visit Rare Studios recently and told IGN "I can't tell you what they're working on, but it is uniquely 'Rare'".

Wouldn't be news by itself, except that Microsoft recently filed a trademark for Battletoads.

Awwwwwwwwwwww yeah!!!!

"I can't tell you what they're working on, but it is uniquely 'Rare'".

what does that even mean

no one who worked at rare when people cared about rare works there anymore

It means "I can't tell you what it is it, but since I'm a marketing guy, I have to come up with some BS that sounds positive and optimistic".

Unless they're making Donkey Kong Country for X-Box.

I've had a Vita since just after launch, and there are plenty of good games for it; a ton of cross-buy PS3 and PS4 stuff these days mostly. It sucks that sony have basically given up on making new AAA titles, because the first year of the system was a really solid one with a very good Wipeout, a pretty decent Uncharted, the awesomeness of Gravity Rush, etc. 

For $80 that sounds pretty tempting.  With the cross buy does it work on one main save between systems?  Or is it two different saves.  I have Sound Shapes and know it's on both systems.  So would the progress from PS4 translate to Vita and vice versa?  If so, that's an easy purchase for me.

I've had a Vita since just after launch, and there are plenty of good games for it; a ton of cross-buy PS3 and PS4 stuff these days mostly. It sucks that sony have basically given up on making new AAA titles, because the first year of the system was a really solid one with a very good Wipeout, a pretty decent Uncharted, the awesomeness of Gravity Rush, etc. 

For $80 that sounds pretty tempting.  With the cross buy does it work on one main save between systems?  Or is it two different saves.  I have Sound Shapes and know it's on both systems.  So would the progress from PS4 translate to Vita and vice versa?  If so, that's an easy purchase for me.

I'm not a Vita owner, so you'd probably want to get this verified by a second source because I'm only going on what I've heard, but I think it depends on the game. Some yes, some no.

Phil Spencer went to visit Rare Studios recently and told IGN "I can't tell you what they're working on, but it is uniquely 'Rare'".

Wouldn't be news by itself, except that Microsoft recently filed a trademark for Battletoads.

Awwwwwwwwwwww yeah!!!!

318f0b60f007124c53dbe4573c795e477b9701a1

• Like 2

PINBOT 3DS

Farsight has the rights to Pinbot (as well as Bride of Pinbot) as part of The Pinball Arcade and released it on all of their various platforms (PS3, iOS, Android, Ouya, Kindle, and eventually PS4, 360, XB1).  They supposedly have tried to get a 3DS version working but the system simply can't do it.

Wait, are we talking about a PSV for $80 or a PSTV? Because the PSTV won't play anything that requires touchscreen or touch plate access, like Uncharted and Lumines. I'd actually be fairly leery of the PSTV if you have a 3, 4 or both.

As for cross buy, MOST games also have cross save, but not all of them. In general, if the trophy set mentions multiple systems it will sync saves, if there is a separate stack there isn't a save sync. (MGS2 and 3 and PS All Stars being the exceptions since they came early.)

I'm pretty certain that everyone who claims to have ever beaten Battletoads is a goddamn liar.

I'm sure any new one they makle will not be nearly as hard.

JBL.png

But, yeah, Battletoads were ridiculously hard but awesome for those first few levels I could beat.

Far Cry 4 is so great. One example of how awesome it is: a black eagle picks up a full sized pig and flies off with it. This is also a possibility:

Guest The Magnificent 7

I'm pretty certain that everyone who claims to have ever beaten Battletoads is a goddamn liar.

I've beaten it, and by *I*, I mean kid me, my brother, and two friends in the neighborhood taking 1 hour shifts on the surfing level for about 14 hours. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

So that's the code for "I used a Game Genie"?

Don't hate because you and your kid friends were a bunch of layabouts who gave up and beat Double Dragon for the 1,345th time instead. 

Put...that cup...down!  Grape Kool-Aid is for closers.  You call yourself a gamer, you son of a bitch?  You pedaled a Huffy to be here tonight, I pedaled a blue Schwinn Stingray.

A  -  Always

B  -  Be

C  -  Closing

Don't hate because you and your kid friends were a bunch of layabouts who gave up and beat Double Dragon for the 1,345th time instead. 

Put...that cup...down!  Grape Kool-Aid is for closers.  You call yourself a gamer, you son of a bitch?  You pedaled a Huffy to be here tonight, I pedaled a blue Schwinn Stingray.

A  -  Always

B  -  Be

C  -  Closing

Glenngarry Gamer Ross.

Put...that cup...down! Grape Kool-Aid is for closers. You call yourself a gamer, you son of a bitch? You pedaled a Huffy to be here tonight, I pedaled a blue Schwinn Stingray.

A - Always

B - Be

C - Closing

There aren't enough likes on the board to give this what it deserves.

Came back to the Ratchet series, in my mission to play through them all before the reboot next year. Unfortunately, I'm on the last three games now. All-4-One is fairly bland and uninspired unless you've got a full team of four, but everything about it makes sense, it just isn't that good.  Full Frontal Assault, meanwhile, is a God damned mess.  A baffling mix of tower defense, MOBA and platforming, I played the first stage (which took me over an hour), gave up and started Into the Nexus.  Which is a Ratchet game that feels like a Ratchet game for the first time in five years, and thus makes me happy (or it did until they killed beloved bit players to build up the villain. Now I'm crabby but still enjoying the game).

Finished my replay of Rainbow Moon and got the trophies I missed the first time. Apparently I didn't talk to some guy I didn't know I needed to talk to the first time. Grrrrr.

Now it's on to AC Unity ...

Finished my replay of Rainbow Moon and got the trophies I missed the first time. Apparently I didn't talk to some guy I didn't know I needed to talk to the first time. Grrrrr.

Now it's on to AC Unity ...

I just ordered AC Unity and should be getting in the mail this Friday.

Let me know if you want to do co-op at some point.

A  -  Always

B  -  Be

C  -  Closing

So if I make an it's about ethics in journalism crack here is that kosher or no?

JBL.png

But, yeah, Battletoads were ridiculously hard but awesome for those first few levels I could beat.

Far Cry 4 is so great. One example of how awesome it is: a black eagle picks up a full sized pig and flies off with it. This is also a possibility:

http://youtu.be/2HGoB6fZa3Q

I'm about 5 hours in and it's pretty fun so far. Not much different than FC3 but I am glad they finally added in helicopters.