DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

Paranormal Dean Ambrose is the greatest. The ghost clock story, the Usos managing to freak Dean Ambrose out even more, Dean seeing deer everywhere in the North West, his theory on how the pyramids were built (answer, lots of pushing), Dem Rotunda Boys being the most gullible people ever. All great stuff.

One of the most fun podcasts ever. Jericho was great as well, him and Snitsky on a boat on Loch Ness looking for the monster is such a great visual!

As much as I love Bo Dallas, I think I now may be more interested in Bo Wyatt.  The paranoid Wyatt boys bellowing about conspiracy theories is an idea that should probably happen sooner than later.  

Dean talking about "I'm goin' down with Earth" is truly epic.  What a glorious podcast.  

Paranormal Dean Ambrose is the greatest. The ghost clock story, the Usos managing to freak Dean Ambrose out even more, Dean seeing deer everywhere in the North West, his theory on how the pyramids were built (answer, lots of pushing), Dem Rotunda Boys being the most gullible people ever. All great stuff.

One of the most fun podcasts ever. Jericho was great as well, him and Snitsky on a boat on Loch Ness looking for the monster is such a great visual!

Loved this show. Basically the same mildly informed paranormal discussion most people have with their buddies. I share his pyramid theory.

Say....... what DID happen to Tout?

Instagram forced them to re-brand. WWE invested in Tout after Instagram had a popularity boom in early 2012 when it became available on android phones. Facebook agreed to purchase it around this time as well. Not sure why WWE still opted to invest 5 million after that happened.

Finally got around to the Monday Night War episode and heard him talk about him and his cousin at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  The Yoko Ono story was an interesting one, and he also met Paul McCartney.  The first interaction was fine enough, but Chris couldn't help himself next time around.  He didn't want to be annoying to Paul, and ended up doing just that.  Who the fuck offers security service to him anyway, just talk to him like a normal person.

I really am not on the Jericho hate train, but the proverbial coal supply for said train is not going to run out anytime soon.

What episode is the Monday Night War episode? All I remember was that he briefly had Bischoff and Prichard as a tease to a larger conversation between the two. I thought that conversation would be in front of an audience somewhere and that wasn't released. Or was it?

Finally got around to the Monday Night War episode and heard him talk about him and his cousin at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  The Yoko Ono story was an interesting one, and he also met Paul McCartney.  The first interaction was fine enough, but Chris couldn't help himself next time around.  He didn't want to be annoying to Paul, and ended up doing just that.  Who the fuck offers security service to him anyway, just talk to him like a normal person.

I really am not on the Jericho hate train, but the proverbial coal supply for said train is not going to run out anytime soon.

I always feel like Jericho sometimes wishes that his rock career had actually taken off. His mid-life crisis screams "I WANT TO BE A ROCK STAR."

Jericho is at that comfortable level of "medium famous" where he can open for actual rock stars and make a decent living off of touring, state fairs, and cruise ships, I don't see why he's so insecure about it. 

He should just be happy for being the 5th or 6th best act of the Attitude Era and also being able to be the 5th or 6th best act on any given Fozzy show. 

What's with the vitriol on this board towards Chris Jericho? Like, I understand liking or not liking things somebody does, that's your prerogative. But when there is downright despise to someone who really has no direct effect on your daily life, it comes off as quite mental. Not that I'm trying to start something here, but what's the deal? He's done more than any of us here has or honestly ever will, and has been fairly entertaining throughout his entire career. So, is that the basis of all of this hate, or is it something more mental that you all need to really look into? Please explain, because I'm confused.

Again, no offense, really, guys. I'd like to know.

• Like 2

I don't really get it either. Like, the guy is doing what he wants to do. We all should be so lucky. I will admit that sometimes I find Jericho a little crotchety, like when he thinks that NO ONE saw the top rope RKO coming despite that spot being done before, originally with Evan Borne, or some other thing that happened recently. Despite that, I don't see how Jericho is having a mid-life crisis. He's been performing with Fozzy for years and years now. He also realizes that the wrestling and music thing won't go on forever, hence him taking acting classes and getting acting gigs. This is what his line of work is. We all know this, just like we all know what his goofy personality is like. To me, Jericho is like a relative who you thought was funny as a kid or teenager. As years go on, you realize he's doing the same tired ass jokes and that does get a little old. I get an "ok, hah hah, you did the pull my finger thing again, funny" type feeling by what he does now. So I wind up just skipping past the show opening stuff. I do the same with Austin's podcast too. Like, you know what the format of the podcast is, so just skip past the opener and get to the interview section. It's usually 15 minutes in.

I also listened to his interview with Billy Corgan and neither guy sounded insecure. The ONE time Corgan cut off Jericho, Corgan said, "sorry, I don't mean to cut you off..." and then he went on with his explanation of whatever it was. Corgan just sounded really excited and passionate and couldn't stop himself. Corgan has a good mind for the business, but it's akin to a young visionary thinking he's going to get into politics to change the system. That just isn't going to happen unless you own the company you work for. Ultimately, it's Dixie's operation and she's going to have the final say. Corgan is just going to get chewed up and spit out like everyone else. Same would happen if he worked for WWE. I sat there though, listening to how excited he was at this opportunity, not even realizing how fucked of a situation he's getting himself into. As much of a perfectionist and control freak Corgan is, I can't see him lasting long once his ideas get vetoed over and over again.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, the thing that annoys me most about Jericho is his reaction to people being negative about him.  He's a very successful guy, so he doesn't need to take shit people say online so seriously.

I don't think there is that much vitriol against him as much as a lot of people basically saying what Craig said, that he used to be cool, but he's been doing (almost) the same schtick for 20 years now.  

• Like 1

I've been a fan of both Jericho and Billy Corgan since the mid-90s, and with both guys I've questioned some of their more recent career choices. However, after listening to the two of them talk, I can still call myself a fan. Yeah, Chris gets defensive sometimes. Yeah, Billy can sometimes come off as too pretentious. But shit, man, if people were picking my every move apart as much as them I'd probably go a little nuts too. I'm excited to see what Corgan does in TNA. He seems all in.

I knew a girl once in high school who claimed to have fucked Billy Corgan.  No one really believed her, then a few years later I saw her and she asked me if I knew who Chris Jericho was.  This was like 1997, right after HS.  I was like sure.  Turns out she fucked him too.  She is briding the gap here.  Also, no one believed her, but then she claime to have fucked both brothers from that band the Proclaimers.  Se had pics of her and her friend making out with them, so after that we all assumed her whole list was true.  She was really nice, and not promiscuous at all, but just liked fucking famous dudes.  It was kind of her thing.  Anyway........

• Like 1

I don't think there is that much vitriol against him as much as a lot of people basically saying what Craig said, that he used to be cool, but he's been doing (almost) the same schtick for 20 years now.  

Eventually, if we're lucky, we all wind up doing the same schtick for 20 or more years.  It's called life.

I knew a girl once in high school who claimed to have fucked Billy Corgan. No one really believed her, then a few years later I saw her and she asked me if I knew who Chris Jericho was. This was like 1997, right after HS. I was like sure. Turns out she fucked him too. She is briding the gap here. Also, no one believed her, but then she claime to have fucked both brothers from that band the Proclaimers. Se had pics of her and her friend making out with them, so after that we all assumed her whole list was true. She was really nice, and not promiscuous at all, but just liked fucking famous dudes. It was kind of her thing. Anyway........

Is a guy with a YouTube channel who just hit 90 subscribers considered "famous" to anyone????

Damnit.

• Like 1

I knew a girl once in high school who claimed to have fucked Billy Corgan.  No one really believed her, then a few years later I saw her and she asked me if I knew who Chris Jericho was.  This was like 1997, right after HS.  I was like sure.  Turns out she fucked him too.  She is briding the gap here.  Also, no one believed her, but then she claime to have fucked both brothers from that band the Proclaimers.  Se had pics of her and her friend making out with them, so after that we all assumed her whole list was true.  She was really nice, and not promiscuous at all, but just liked fucking famous dudes.  It was kind of her thing.  Anyway........

Too bad you don't see/know her anymore, otherwise I'd suggest playing that episode.

As it is I imagine she's somewhere listening to that episode and saying to herself "Hey, I fucked these guys!"

What a funny world this can be.