DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

The story about the fan with a terminal illness Chris met was all kinds of sad.  But the Owens interview was a really great listen, might be my favorite episode yet.  The part where he talks about why he named his son Owen is all kinds of sweet.  Can't recommend this episode enough.

The story about the fan with a terminal illness Chris met was all kinds of sad. But the Owens interview was a really great listen, might be my favorite episode yet. The part where he talks about why he named his son Owen is all kinds of sweet. Can't recommend this episode enough.

I loved the Al Snow story about Al being at an ROH show in the crowd saying to everyone that all the matches stunk and why are the wrestlers doing this or that cause it doesn't make sense. AI loved Steen and Jericho explaining the simple fact that you wrestle the style the paying crowd wants to see. And Jericho pointing out its like going to a Lucha show in Mexico and complaining about the style. And that Al in ECW probably did a lot of things that didn't "make sense".
  • Like 1

Nah, really?!  Oh, shit, why?  Especially considering Jericho's doing some matches and hosting TE, that is not wise at all.  I am starting to question his decisions now, at least more than I have before.

Listening to Demott try to cast himself as a martyr at the altar of NXT was a little sickening. My dad used to say there are two sides to every story and then the truth, and Demott definitely used this chance to spin his.

That Renee Young interview was a great listen.  Didn't think I could like her anymore than I have, then she does the interview.  If I'm WWE I'd do whatever I could to keep her there.  The more she talked the more I thought how being with Dean makes a ton of sense.

Big Show interview is fantastic. Jericho's podcast is the best for getting people to talk about Vince-isms. The things that will get reported from time to time and most people will say "That's made up, that's silly" and then you find out years later from the wrestlers that they're real.

Yeah, the Show interview was outstanding. If you didn't already love him you will after listening to this. I love the story about how JeriShow was formed because it was supposed to be Edge and Jericho to fued with DX, but Edge got hurt. They wanted to replace him with a young guy but Jericho insisted on a vet, either Kane or Show, because DX would have eaten alive a young guy put in that spot. Great fucking podcast.

That Khali episode was like an hour long Egypt bit

Then I couldn't imagine anything worse  :blink:
Yeah, I'd avoided it so far because I imagined listening to Khali talk for an hour would be unendurable. Has his English improved any? I mean, is he even coherent and intelligible in his speech?