DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

Wow.  Just wow.  I was so bervous that Force Awakens would suck....and I loved it.  I was so worried that this film would miss the Star Wars tone that I love.....but from the trailer it looks like it nails it.  So glad they aren't trying to shoehorn too many tie ins or tie ins to the cartoon here.  It's going to be cool to get a story that is completely contained in 1 movie.  So excited for this!!

I came out of The Force Awakens thinking it was incredible. Then I watched it again and I still enjoyed the hell out of it but not quite as much.  Maybe because it did feel too much like a story that's already been told. 

So my friend sends me this trailer here this morning and my jaw hit the floor. I'm super excited for this right here. I want them to explore the whole universe that's out there and this is a story that should be quite a bit different.  I'm all in.

23 hours ago, steve said:

I watched it, then immediately watched it again.

Completely unrelated: What was with Hamill's face on the little thing after the trailer, lol? 

A joke based on Force Awakens. "Oh, I'm sorry, I have dialogue? I'm used to just staring intently."

• Like 2

It's kind of unfair though if you show up sleepy and cranky to sit in a chair for some random PSA you figure is going to air on the local cable schedule channel or be shown to some corporate donors and no one mentions it's somehow going to end up as the end tag on the FUCKING NEW STAR WARS TRAILER ON YOUTUBE THAT WILL BE WATCHED BY 20,000,000 PEOPLE IN THE FIRST 36 HOURS!!!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Well, Luke did get all this training methods from Yoda.

Hence, we know the real reason Kylo Ren turned.

Meanwhile you know Obi Wan is chuckling just a little bit saying," its not so easy is it Luke? Point of view isn't such a bullshit answer, is it?". . . :)

so JJ Abrams did an interview recently and either dropped more of a clue than he intended or is just causing more doubt before using the "well I am not directing the next movie so who knows?" excuse. Anyway, he said that Rey's parents are not in Episode VII, which if true would kill 90% of the theories out there since Han, Leia, and Luke all at least 'appeared' in Episode VII. But then later he said that he just meant she didn't discover them in Episode VII which isn't what he said... so either someone higher up fussed at him or or just wants to throw out ideas to keep people guessing.

I am expecting more things like this over the next two years, they want to keep Star Wars in people's minds so every few months I am sure they will figure out some nugget to drop to make people think about the series.

(I didn't put that in spoilers since it was a widely reported interview, and since he isn't the director of the next one anyway it seemed more like gossip/teasing than a legit spoiler)

This feels the same as his half-assed explanation of why R2-D2 woke up. Again, take anything JJ says in public while the project is still going with a grain of salt. Someone else mentioned what reason would he have to do that and there's plenty of reasons why, not the least of which is that he habitually does this. Even after the Star Trek apology he continues to say this shit that isn't remotely transparent.

He would be better off not saying anything. At a certain point, people may not take kindly to how he seemingly trolls his own audience.