DVDVR Message Board
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

FYI --

On 2/22/2024 at 1:55 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Folks have asked me how they can help with the show, we are looking for people to sponsor matches! So if you have something you want to promote reach out to Matt at [email protected]. Just let him know what you want to promote!!

I was also thinking that we could have the board as a whole sponsor a match, if folks have some cash to spare we could all pool it and have a match be a "brought to you by the DVDVR board." One of the things I am excited about for this show is that we are bringing in folks who aren't the typical "Mania weekend guys working 10 shows" Demus and Slim J aren't working anywhere else Mania weekend, Thatcher is only working us and Bloodsport, and we have one more wild name like that we are working on, but could use some help with the plane tickets and hotel room. 

If you want to contribute to the group sponsorship, you can PayPal Matt at [email protected] or use Venmo or Cashapp, just put DVDVR Board DEAN~! sponsorship in the tag line. If we could raise a couple hundred bucks it would make it a lot easier to pull the trigger on this name we are working on 🙂

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

Does Action Wrestling provide their own commentators or will Phil/Eric be put on commentary with BlogTalkRadio audio quality?

Actions regular announcer in Georgia is actually fellow DVDVR Alum Dylan Hales. Will be interesting if he makes the trip up to Jersey for this.

• Like 4

Also we’ll know that Eric got at least one wrestler on the show if they find the most Peter Scolari wrestler possible for a match on the undercard.

Just don’t tell those Philly area people why the ring is decked out in Dallas Cowboys colors for this show.

• Like 2

Don’t think it’s been mentioned but Daniel Makabe confirmed he’s going to be wrestling on this show. Apparently he was at the very least a lurker here a long time ago.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Gorman said:

I would certainly like to announce this show. It would be a great way to celebrate my 30th anniversary in pro wrestling and make my Mania weekend debut.

I hope y'all don't mind but if there's ever a reason to tag @Phil Schneider and beg for this to happen this is it.

I feel I should be able to go to this since it's only a couple hours away.  Not sure if I'll dip into other WM Weekend stuff since that's not why I'm heading up there.  But all goes well I'll be there for this one.  Now to consider if I should get a green shirt that would make eyes bleed.

• Like 3

It should be mandatory to be wearing a bright green or yellow shirt for all in attendance and ideally the wrestlers too, and the ring ropes and turnbuckle pads 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Thanks for all the interest everyone, very excited for this.  Hopefully it'll stand out as one of the more intriguing shows of the weekend

Yes it will stream live on IWTV.live, (shameless plug) and if you sign up for IWTV please use code "ACTION" when signing up

• Like 7

4 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Actions regular announcer in Georgia is actually fellow DVDVR Alum Dylan Hales. Will be interesting if he makes the trip up to Jersey for this.

Dylan will be on the call, yes.  

• Like 1

this is awesome~! thanks to everyone involved in putting this together.  it has been years since i ordered a wrestling ppv live. 

i will be signing up to catch this one.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm familiar with the name. The show's worth $10. I might get a coupla watches out of some other stuff in the meantime. 

Everyone else: We will definitely be on the Discord talking about this while it's going on if you wanna join us!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, twiztor said:

this is awesome~! thanks to everyone involved in putting this together.  it has been years since i ordered a wrestling ppv live. 

i will be signing up to catch this one.

Please do!  It'll be on IWTV.live and please use code "ACTION" when you sign up to help us out

• Like 2

On 1/8/2024 at 9:06 PM, Phil Schneider said:

We will have wrestlers involved and matches and ticket info coming soon. We are looking for sponsors, the more we can get the crazier we can make this card!!

This is such an awesome idea and I can't believe it came to fruition. I'd love to help any small way I can - is there any specific contact info or email to direct potential sponsors to, or is it best to provide the Action Wrestling socials?

• Like 1