DVDVR Message Board
Message added by Dolfan in NYC,

FYI --

On 2/22/2024 at 1:55 PM, Phil Schneider said:

Folks have asked me how they can help with the show, we are looking for people to sponsor matches! So if you have something you want to promote reach out to Matt at [email protected]. Just let him know what you want to promote!!

I was also thinking that we could have the board as a whole sponsor a match, if folks have some cash to spare we could all pool it and have a match be a "brought to you by the DVDVR board." One of the things I am excited about for this show is that we are bringing in folks who aren't the typical "Mania weekend guys working 10 shows" Demus and Slim J aren't working anywhere else Mania weekend, Thatcher is only working us and Bloodsport, and we have one more wild name like that we are working on, but could use some help with the plane tickets and hotel room. 

If you want to contribute to the group sponsorship, you can PayPal Matt at [email protected] or use Venmo or Cashapp, just put DVDVR Board DEAN~! sponsorship in the tag line. If we could raise a couple hundred bucks it would make it a lot easier to pull the trigger on this name we are working on 🙂

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

Have somebody make a VHS superclip of all the dumb, crazy shit found on tapes from that era to play as an intro for the show.

EDIT: Oh, and I said it in the Indie thread, but there must be at least one WAR six-man on the show.

EDIT II: In respect to Tenryu's booking of WWF luminaries with these WAR tags, somebody needs to get ahold of Tatanka or somebody. He still is working the indies right? And can lay it in? Good choice. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

EDIT: Oh, and I said it in the Indie thread, but there must be at least one WAR six-man on the show.

A WAR six-man AND a WAR heavyweight tag match with big, fat guys beating the shit out of each other.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

For people who are thinking of attending in person (or subbing to IWTV for the month, if going in person is geographically unfeasible), it should be noted that the H20 centre is hosting shows all week, from Monday April 1st to Sunday April 7th. Like The Collective, only it's called The Anthology, and it looks to be mostly/ completely IWTV-affiliated promotions.

So most likely H2O themselves and ICW: NHB will be deathmatching it up, amongst other things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WebConn89 said:

Davey Richards vs Davey Richard’s inside a Steel Davey Richards 

Just make a screen for it (the same three shots of Davey only with the last one in a cage), announce it, and never speak of it again afterwards.

• Haha 1

Davey Richards retired to avoid cancellation. He was exposed as being a sex pest around women.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

You can do blood in Jersey, right? Like, this isn't fucking Maryland? Cuz a DEANfest without blood would be like a day without sunshine, pardner.

I think NJ has rules that they just ignore

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

You can do blood in Jersey, right? Like, this isn't fucking Maryland? Cuz a DEANfest without blood would be like a day without sunshine, pardner.

This match, right here, happened in the same building that Action Wrestling presents DEAN~! is going to happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN-SDpLOWzE&pp=ygUNaDJvIHdyZXN0bGluZw%3D%3D

Also, it would have been you Curt McGirt's match if I'd drawn you in Secret Santo.