DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOVEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

On 11/2/2023 at 12:15 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

Get ready for so much Wooo! Energy spam.

Honestly Flair just makes me feel sad, he went from being viewed as one of the best of all time, to a semi-disgraced shell of himself, who's only showing up cause he needs to money and probably has no idea of what else he's supposed to do other than hang around wrestling in what ever capacity he can.

I'm sure in the 70's, 80's and even into the 90's the boys though it was funny when he had his dick out at the bar and tons of women wanted him. But he never knew when to turn the gimmick off. And because alcohol is viewed by society as a "good drug" he's never confronted that he has a serious drinking problem.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

We are gonna find out that all of Vile One's posts have been AI generated, and we're going to feel silly.

You could be on to something. Asserting that Tony Khan, the individual, has lost his sense of freshness and newness is certainly odd for a human.

I mean - I've never smelt Tony Khan. He could, in fact, be less fresh than once he was. But it's still an odd thing to write.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, tbarrie said:

You could be on to something. Asserting that Tony Khan, the individual, has lost his sense of freshness and newness is certainly odd for a human.

I mean - I've never smelt Tony Khan. He could, in fact, be less fresh than once he was. But it's still an odd thing to write.

Pungent sourdough bread dipped in extra virgin olive oil coded in Axe body spray? 

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 spoiler...

Spoiler

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JxzljTb3OT0

Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada 2 at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18! The first match at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door was hampered by Bryan Danielson badly breaking his arm and the seizure sell to buy time. It was still a great match. Hopefully Danielson gets through this one without injury. Danielson tapped Okada out, it's only the second time in 11 years that's happened since Okada returned from excursion as the Rainmaker at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 6. Shinsuke Nakamura was the first. Even Zack Sabre Jr was never permitted to submit Okada and Submission Master is his gimmick, it's in his old entrance video. I'm sure the rematch will surpass the original.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Alright, Sam Fels posts here doesn’t he? Show yourself!

And about the only thing I agree with in that entire article is the bit about the announcements.

Edited by Casey

23 hours ago, The Natural said:

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18 spoiler...

Reveal hidden contents

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JxzljTb3OT0

Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada 2 at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 18! The first match at AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door was hampered by Bryan Danielson badly breaking his arm and the seizure sell to buy time. It was still a great match. Hopefully Danielson gets through this one without injury. Danielson tapped Okada out, it's only the second time in 11 years that's happened since Okada returned from excursion as the Rainmaker at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 6. Shinsuke Nakamura was the first. Even Zack Sabre Jr was never permitted to submit Okada and Submission Master is his gimmick, it's in his old entrance video. I'm sure the rematch will surpass the original.

I was right about the following:

Spoiler

This will be Bryan Danielson's first NJPW match in twenty years.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 9:50 PM, zendragon said:

problem is most of the roster aren't much over 200lbs either. I what I could see is if we go back to having the TNT being the HOSSWEIGHT belt then you could have INT. Belt unofficially being the semi-X-division belt where you have the smaller men having fast paced high flying matches.

Been busy, but no I want ROH to have hard weight classes. No I don't think they need to be legit 100% of the time, but I don't see the size of ppl as a massive issue - ultimately the roster may need to evolve.

I think I would go with 4 men's divisions - 175 (welter), 195 (cruiser), 225ish (mid-heavy), above (super-heavy). Two classes for women, split at around 125-130lbs. Pure Rules *all* singles title matches.

Run a team title - 3-5 people, forever freebird-rule defends both in tags and 6-person.

You can love it or loathe it, but it would make ROH very distinct from AEW.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

FTFY

Flair shouldn't be hawking energy drinks, he should have his own lined of canned Kamikazis. It'll be like Billy Dee Williams and Colt 45. Now with extra pubic exposure! 

Sadly fixed

• Haha 2

On 11/6/2023 at 9:28 AM, Curt McGirt said:

FTFY

Flair shouldn't be hawking energy drinks, he should have his own lined of canned Kamikazis. It'll be like Billy Dee Williams and Colt 45. Now with extra public exposure! 

"It works every time!  And if it doesn't work, I'll make it work!  Just ask any random flight attendant."

41 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

"It works every time!  And if it doesn't work, I'll make it work!  Just ask any random flight attendant."

If I had Khan money, I'd charter a plane for next year's Wembley show, but only stock it with malt liquor 40s as a joke. It's all fun and games when we're pounding kamikazes for 9 hours, but let's see someone try it after putting away a couple 64 oz. Private Stocks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

If I had Khan money, I'd charter a plane for next year's Wembley show, but only stock it with malt liquor 40s as a joke. It's all fun and games when we're pounding kamikazes for 9 hours, but let's see someone try it after putting away a couple 64 oz. Private Stocks.

Oh man, I have fond, yet horrible memories of 64oz Colt 45.  I swear I remember that the jug had a glass ring built into the neck like a jug handle, but Googling proves me wrong.  Maybe that's just a Mandela affect brought on by too much consumption of said Colt.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

approve of the very silly graphic

It is very silly, and very awesome. But I will say: I wonder if this has anything to do with recent rumorz that Giulia and Will Ospreay are getting big WWE offers - I'd kinda taken it for granted over the last year or so that Ospreay would end up in AEW given his frequent appearances through the NJPW partnership.

42 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Oh man, I have fond, yet horrible memories of 64oz Colt 45.  I swear I remember that the jug had a glass ring built into the neck like a jug handle, but Googling proves me wrong.  Maybe that's just a Mandela affect brought on by too much consumption of said Colt.

I have memories of malt liquor in plastic 2-liter bottles at the grocery store in NYC in the 80s but I can find no evidence online that this actually existed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

You know, the idea of Don Callis:Bobby Heenan::Kenny Omega:Hulk Hogan is actually pretty awesome.  Fuck, build the TNT title back up by putting it on Kenny, and have Don as the evil mastermind bringing in a rotating cast of family members trying to take it from him.

Co-signed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1