DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 11/1 - 11/7/2023 - To Beat The Devil

Dolfan in NYC

20 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

The heels are more of a brotherhood than a union

Although paying off every plausible mercenary to not help your opponent would be a move

That's a kinda cool idea - I feel like it would work pretty well for Callis (or really anyone of that ilk) but I think Prince Nana would knock that one out of the park.

I'm imaging Swerve, Cage, and the Authors of whatever the fuck, beating someone down in the ring, with one babyface at a time making their run in - only for Nana to greet them at the bottom of the ramp with a wad of cash. We watch them all weigh the option, before begrudgingly snatching the money, and stomping to the back.

Then: a huge pop for the last guy who refuses the money, shit cans Nana into the guardrail, and hits the ring to clean house

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I got something in my inbox that said it was a free ticket to Fozzy at I believe the Forge in Joliet. I laughed. They'd have to pay me.

My friends wanted to go because of Jericho this year so figured why the hell not.  Even if the music's no great shakes Jericho is an entertaining frontman and we had fun anyway.  Now if it was just me going?  Nah, I think I'm good.

I know nothing about Doja Cat aside from her name.  But it's great to see the tie-in and I hope it means something meaningful for the women.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Penta vs. Vikingo vs. Kommander has been added

Ohhhh snap, this is gonna rule! I wish the video game didn't stink, because this would probably be a heck of a fun match to re-play (and where some use that 'video game match' term derogatorily, I always say it as a total complement - I legitimately enjoy the style). I can't wait for this one.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I have a conspiracy theory. TK bought BET, which is currently up for sale, from Viacom just so Stoke can watch the Tip Drill video on BET Uncut. Watching it on YouTube just ain't the same.

You heard it here first.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Things I remember from tonight's episode of Dynamite:

Claudio splatters Orange Cassidy over and over but loses somehow. Then Moxley returns and beats down Cassidy.

MJF is looking for partners

The WFKA Edge spears Christian and joins up with Sting and Darby

The Big Announcement is that they're selling tickets for Wembley

The 3 dudes from Swerve's group win back the ROH Six Man Tag titles after Hangman runs off to fight Swerve

One of the Bucks was mad after the loss and hit a table leg with a chair

Chris Jericho is still old and fat. Kenny Omega disappeared for awhile during that match. Big Show appeared and he looks like he doesn't actually sleep any more. Hobbs will probably give Jericho his win back in a few weeks.

Shida is sick of Toni Storm's shit

Skye Blue ruins Julia Hart's outfit

Jeff Jarrett shows up to offer his services to MJF

MJF has partners suddenly

MJF gets pinned by Jay White

MJF throws his new buddy directly into the path of a belt shot but they scissor anyways.

EDIT: also, Food is great.

Edited by Cobra Commander

I only watched OC/Claudio because Survivor takes priority for me. But man that was an absolute banger and one of the best AEW matches flat out. Those two guys are a perfect pairing as dance partners — Claudio is not just a beast but he is also one of the most creative wrestlers ever at alternating his spots, and OC is one of the best “thinking man’s wrestler” archetypes we have ever had. Those two are such unique storytellers and I want to see a Best of 7,  High water mark for both guys, and think about that. 

The only TV match with Claudio I can think of at that level was the crazy match against Cena for the US Title. But man this was just so fun

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, elizium said:

Did not like the way Paul's knees were bending when he came out there.

Jeff Jarrett group reveal is one of the best things they've ever done.

A lot of people on Bluesky were like “Paul looks to be in great shape” and all I could think was “from the ribs up maybe, his legs look like broken toothpicks and his body is slightly crooked at the waist”. I just don’t know why he or they feel a need to him to wrestle again, even in a protected street fight.

• Like 2

Man, the opener was fantastic wrestling and the main was fantastic storytelling and the rest was fine to bad. Like the trios match was just terrible and accomplished almost nothing. The Jericho-Omega tag match was not good and I’m starting to agree with people who say it’s dragging down everyone but Callis and Jericho. The women’s match was ok, post-match was weird and awkward and people didn’t seem to like it. I guess the fans finally got to see Edge spear Christian and advance that angle some.

The episode-long saga of MJF and the Acclaimed was good stuff though! I missed the rap (will have to catch on replay although it was apparently so censored it was hard to get) but I loved the entrance with the pink scarf.

Also, the announcers were really clowning on JR which was awesome. I guess some was also shots at Cornette? 

Rampage is definitely not something demanding I watch “live” Friday night.

10 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I wasn't paying attention to Show's legs, so he should wrestle in some giant late 90s JNCOs jeans?

The only wrestling he looks like he should be doing is in a video game.