DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 11/1 - 11/7/2023 - To Beat The Devil

Dolfan in NYC

I would've liked him to pick Billy, Anthony, and Roddy. Keep the goofy tension going with Caster, and throw a bone to his buddy AAADAM at the same time. "You're a simp, but I know you're a good wrestler, your injury is obviously fake, and it keeps this creep away from me."

Alternatively, I'm all for him paying off Joe, Kenny, and Wardlow to absolutely steamroll BCG (minus Jay who bails early) and end the stolen belt nonsense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

C&P from AxB:

"UK people, remember that although our clocks went back last weekend, America's didn't. So for this one week, the gap is an hour less than usual. Dynamite is at midnight UK time, not 1am."

Ah, the good ol' days when "Fall back" in the US happened the last weekend in October.  Many a college Halloween party were granted that extra hour.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Ah, the good ol' days when "Fall back" in the US happened the last weekend in October.  Many a college Halloween party were granted that extra hour.

If you've never flipped a beer pong table at the moment 1 AM turns to 1 AM again while wearing an offensive pun-based costume and yelling about being a time traveler, are you truly even American?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

If little man can stop being such a shitass at school today, we'll be heading to Dynamite this evening!

He has informed me that we will NOT be singing along to Judas, though. "It's a terrible song." I support him on this decision.

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Just now, Log said:

If little man can stop being such a shitass at school today, we'll be heading to Dynamite this evening!

He has informed me that we will NOT be singing along to Judas, though. "It's a terrible song." I support him on this decision.

Lil Man's on the money, but let me say this: if Jericho ever starts using their new song 'Spotlight' as walkout music, you guys are gonna really miss Judas - I respect the attempt, but that thing made Judas sound like Stairway to Heaven or something. Have a great time!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I would've liked him to pick Billy, Anthony, and Roddy. Keep the goofy tension going with Caster, and throw a bone to his buddy AAADAM at the same time. "You're a simp, but I know you're a good wrestler, your injury is obviously fake, and it keeps this creep away from me."

Alternatively, I'm all for him paying off Joe, Kenny, and Wardlow to absolutely steamroll BCG (minus Jay who bails early) and end the stolen belt nonsense.

I love both these ideas and would be thrilled if either is what we got - it kind of subverts the expectation that whatever three guys he chose would be part of the same collective (say either the Acclaimed or the Kingdom).

Another bit of inspired fantasy booking/guess-work I saw elsewhere online: how about if the devil is Britt Baker doing Cole's bidding?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Log said:

Let me tell you how awesome it was that the only Jericho appearance at the Philly show was a (presumably pre-taped) backstage appearance.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I love both these ideas and would be thrilled if either is what we got - it kind of subverts the expectation that whatever three guys he chose would be part of the same collective (say either the Acclaimed or the Kingdom).

Another bit of inspired fantasy booking/guess-work I saw elsewhere online: how about if the devil is Britt Baker doing Cole's bidding?

That bottom idea been my pipedream this entire time. I have no idea how it would work but I am all for it.

• Like 1

• Orange vs Claudio: I kind of hated the fake press conference deal. You can get away with it if you don't do real scrums, you know? Wrestling Journal. The actual content was fine. The promo package that followed was good. The match should be great. They should put (and advertise) Mox on commentary.
  • Shida vs Willow: Fresh match up with Shida against a different sort of opponent. Feels a little like worlds intersecting as Willow's been more involved in the Statlander stuff. We'll see if they loop in Julie and/or Skye Blue. It's AEW so you can never tell.
  • Jericho/Omega vs Menard/Parker: I'm looking forward to this a lot more than most Jericho or Omega matches. 2.0 can work a really grounded, very entertaining match. I'm not sure where this is headed overall. I can't imagine them ending up as part of the Callis family so they probably get steamrolled, but if not it could be a fun twelve minutes.
  • MJF vs the World: Again, I don't know where it's headed, but I'm interested. I can't see Wardlow possibly working with him. I'd enjoy seeing Joe run through Juice and the Gunns. Just lots of stuff up in the air. I do hope it doesn't end up with some sort of multi-man. There are a lot of big shows coming up, the biggest for MJF being World's End since that's in Long Island. 
  • Tony has a big announcement: I'm assuming this has something to do with the women given the Doja Cat tie in that launched this morning, but who knows. The women focused on that were Britt, Nyla, Saraya, Ruby, Toni, Shida, and Stat (unless I'm missing anyone). Could be MAX. Could be some new show. Could be women's tag belts. Could be a tournament. Could be anything. 
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Log said:

Enjoy both of you. Looking forward to the road report.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Tony has a big announcement: I'm assuming this has something to do with the women given the Doja Cat tie in that launched this morning, but who knows. The women focused on that were Britt, Nyla, Saraya, Ruby, Toni, Shida, and Stat (unless I'm missing anyone). Could be MAX. Could be some new show. Could be women's tag belts. Could be a tournament. Could be anything. 

Now that the precedent has been set, I'd like to see more people-given-as-gifts, personally. "Chris Jericho, as a token of appreciation for all you've done for the company as first signee and inaugural World Champion, I've gotten you your very own JJ Dillon."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Now that the precedent has been set, I'd like to see more people-given-as-gifts, personally. "Chris Jericho, as a token of appreciation for all you've done for the company as first signee and inaugural World Champion, I've gotten you your very own JJ Dillon."

You realize you've opened the door for there to be a segment where Santa gives Danhausen a mini-Danhausen, just like how Doink got Dink, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Log said:

I do enjoy your stories of you and Harrison. You posting Harrison's reaction to his first AEW show was so heartwarming. I tend to ask people attending AEW shows to give an extra cheer to my boy Bryan Danielson but he's injured. I'd ask you to boo Penta but can't as he's a favourite of little man, right? Hopefully it's a phase he'll grow out of ;).

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I do enjoy your stories of you and Harrison. You posting Harrison's reaction to his first AEW show was so heartwarming. I tend to ask people attending AEW shows to give an extra cheer to my boy Bryan Danielson but he's injured. I'd ask you to boo Penta but can't as he's a favourite of little man, right? Hopefully it's a phase he'll grow out of ;).

I just grabbed seats on the aisle right next to the stage. He's going to get to see everyone close up.

I will say he's growing a bit away from Penta. He's more of an Orange Cassidy guy now.

• Like 2

Re: the MJF stuff it feels like they at least needed to hang a hat on why MJF, a guy who has spent years hiring mercenaries to do his dirty work, isn't just doing that for the 8-man.

Also it feels a little weird that, given their prior association with MJF and beef with BCG, that there hasn't even been a hint of an MJFTR team-up in all this.

Edited by Zimbra

40 minutes ago, Log said:

I just grabbed seats on the aisle right next to the stage. He's going to get to see everyone close up.

I will say he's growing a bit away from Penta. He's more of an Orange Cassidy guy now.

Will have to look out for you both. Hope little man gets to see Orange Cassidy and Britt Baker up close again like last time. Glad he's growing out of the Penta fad :).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Re: the MJF stuff it feels like they at least needed to hang a hat on why MJF, a guy who has spent years hiring mercenaries to do his dirty work, isn't just doing that for the 8-man

Maybe all the mercs only work for heels and since MJF’s a face, they’re demanding too much money to work for a good guy

• Like 2