DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

40 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

They should do something with Lil Bow Wow next. Just go through all the storylines Cargill started and never finished. 

I feel like Rick Ross' last appearance put the kibosh on any more rappers in angles, at least for a while.

He was right, though: Keith Lee is a big motherfucker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

So, does he have deals with AAA and CMLL, or is that somehow a New Japan brokered deal? 

Probably was Rocky Romero, hence my earlier comment. He is NJPW's liaison with NA promotions and wrestles mainly for CMLL right now. The real question is whether this is a one-off they pulled or will they make the dream matches with Virus and Blue Panther happen for Bryan.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Three times. Three times last night I watched a video compilation that was about 6 minutes long of Nana dancing to Swerve's music so I could learn the dance.

I think Swerve might be becoming my favorite current active wrestler.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, worldcupfever said:

I believe so.  It would be pretty epic though if TK accidentally booked Hunico.

Let me see if I have this straight:

Mistico (who is facing Romero on Rampage) is the original Mistico from Mexico that we all went nuts for around 2006. He went to WWE as Sin Cara.

Dralistico is the guy that became Mistico in Mexico when the original Mistico left for WWE.

Hunico is the guy that became Sin Cara in WWE when the original Mistico left WWE to go back to Mexico.

I feel like there's a fourth Mistico I'm missing here. Was there one that got the name after Dralistico in Mexico?

Edited by Log
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Three times. Three times last night I watched a video compilation that was about 6 minutes long of Nana dancing to Swerve's music so I could learn the dance.

I think Swerve might be becoming my favorite current active wrestler.

Do you have the video please? I've liked Prince Nana since 2004 and the Embassy in Ring of Honour.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

AEW and AEW Adjacent things to look forward to upcoming this month:

• Emi vs Skye Blue (Rampage)
  • Christian vs Danielson (Collision)
  • Samoa Joe vs Willie Mack (Collision)
  • Houston Dynamite/Rampage taping featuring Penta vs White, the Dynamite Diamond Ring Battle Royal, and Mistico. I can't imagine we don't have some Ricky Starks presence too.
  • Angelico vs Kingston; Athena/Starkz vs Mercedes Martiniez/Diamante; MAYBE NEGRO CASAS VS QT (ROH)
  • Collision/Battle of the Belts 3 hours live in Memphis (I badly want Danielson vs Jarrett and Starks/Bill doing the Billy and Buddy Show and think neither is outside the realm of possibility, but we'll see).

Not bad really.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Log said:

Let me see if I have this straight:

Mistico (who is facing Romero on Rampage) is the original Mistico from Mexico that we all went nuts for around 2006. He went to WWE as Sin Cara.

Dralistico is the guy that became Mistico in Mexico when the original Mistico left for WWE.

Hunico is the guy that became Sin Cara in WWE when the original Mistico left WWE to go back to Mexico.

I feel like there's a fourth Mistico I'm missing here. Was there one that got the name after Dralistico in Mexico?

You also have the fact Dralisitico was the first Dragon Lee and gave that up when he became Mistico II. And then his brother became the second and current Dragon Lee (the one now in NXT). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

What's this now?

QT was defending his title against Daga (good match; I am now begrudgingly ok with QT not working like a manager so long as it's mainly in ROH). After catching him with the cutter off the ropes and then hitting a Dirt Sheet Driver, he very slowly locked on La Casita for the win. Ian called it as such and then mentioned Negro Casas by name and the fact it seemed like QT was actively calling him out and they'd have to see if anything came of it.

• Like 3

Ok, I’m done teasing about the Tony tweets. He’s going on about his mom when she was in the hospital and lashing out heavily at spam/ troll accounts. If you still lurk here, I’m sorry for making fun of you. Please stop reading Twitter so heavily as it is really sad now. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Matt D said:

QT was defending his title against Daga (good match; I am now begrudgingly ok with QT not working like a manager so long as it's mainly in ROH). After catching him with the cutter off the ropes and then hitting a Dirt Sheet Driver, he very slowly locked on La Casita for the win. Ian called it as such and then mentioned Negro Casas by name and the fact it seemed like QT was actively calling him out and they'd have to see if anything came of it.

Oh wow.  QT wouldn't be my first choice to see wrestle Casas but I can get behind anything that brings him in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Oh wow.  QT wouldn't be my first choice to see wrestle Casas but I can get behind anything that brings him in.

Same, but maybe if you're already bringing Casas in for a QT match, you go ahead and run that Danielson match?

• Like 3

I think there's plenty of room for Casas vs Danielson match (though I'm not sure Danielson reveres him the same way he does Panther). What I'd really like (that is realistic) at this point is a 2/3 falls match on Rampage that got time with Danielson, Virus, and the old guys. So you'd basically run the Anniversario old man's match but with Danielson instead of Octagon: Danielson/Panther/Atlantis vs Satanico/Fuerza/Virus and you let Danielson have exchanges with all of them.

Other things I'd like would be Virus vs Danielson and Hechicero vs Danielson but these seem less likely.

• Like 1

He has talked about Casas before

On which three Mexican or Latin American wrestlers he would like to see in WWE: “It’s really difficult to choose, because my favorites are now too old to go to WWE. I could say, ‘Wait a minute, I want Negro Casas in WWE,’ or something like that. I love Blue Panther, I love Negro Casas. The first time I saw a match of his was around 1987, but he’s amazing. He’s still impressive in 2019. I have a lot of respect for them, but thinking of guys who could compete now in WWE, I could say someone like Rush. I think Bandido would be a big star, as well as Dragon Lee.”

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 5:05 PM, Octopus said:

Ugh. I’m gonna say it. Danielson vs Sabre jr is maybe my favorite match of all time. I know I know. Normally I’m harder to derp recency bias, but hot dang I’m still really enjoying thinking about and watching this match.

Both BD vs ZSJ and again vs Swerve, I had to physically stop watching the show and go have a break for 20 minutes to just decompress from the awesomeness of those two matches. We are eating so good right now I feel like a wrestling GLUTTON.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2023 at 7:05 PM, Octopus said:

Ugh. I’m gonna say it. Danielson vs Sabre jr is maybe my favorite match of all time. I know I know. Normally I’m harder to derp recency bias, but hot dang I’m still really enjoying thinking about and watching this match.

I really like that you feel that way about it. To me, it was one of the very few times that a technical wrestling match actually lived up to expectations. It was mostly due to how quickly both men were trying to get OUT of every hold and had counters to basically anything. That's what I want. Fuck restholds with nothing happening, try to get out of everything immediately, if the holds hurt as much as they are supposed to, within wrestling logic.

• Like 6