DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

14 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

AEW is picking the worst possible time to add more PPV events when their ticket sales and numbers are on the decline.

I liked the PPV schedule as it was: Revolution, Double or Nothing, Forbidden Door, All Out and Full Gear. Less is more. Plus you get PPV level matches on free TV. Also money is tight for everybody.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

AEW is picking the worst possible time to add more PPV events when their ticket sales and numbers are on the decline.

It might be alright for world's end because its after christmas and tickets to a PPV are an easy christmas/other holiday gift. Also "Take the kids out saturday night so Grandma looks after the kids for New Years Eve"

• Like 5

Dynamite is in town Wednesday and the boy and I are going to go. Was hoping for a hook-up on free tickets,  it it doesn’t look like it’s coming. 

Question for those of you who’ve bought cheap tickets on the day of the show: did you do it online or at the physical box office at the arena? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Log said:

Dynamite is in town Wednesday and the boy and I are going to go. Was hoping for a hook-up on free tickets,  it it doesn’t look like it’s coming. 

Question for those of you who’ve bought cheap tickets on the day of the show: did you do it online or at the physical box office at the arena? 

I'd say online for cheaper seats, box office for better seats that gets released after production holds

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 1:00 PM, Log said:

I used SeatGeek for the last Dynamite I went to.  $40 for good floor seats worked out very well for us.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2023 at 8:27 AM, dokdoyle said:

It might be alright for world's end because its after christmas and tickets to a PPV are an easy christmas/other holiday gift. Also "Take the kids out saturday night so Grandma looks after the kids for New Years Eve"

Agreed - I remember as a kid, a lot of the marketing hype around Starrcade (and later, IYH/Armageddon) being about how the show would make a great holiday gift for any fan - I think post-Full Gear, a similar strategy might serve AEW well

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Agreed - I remember as a kid, a lot of the marketing hype around Starrcade (and later, IYH/Armageddon) being about how the show would make a great holiday gift for any fan - I think post-Full Gear, a similar strategy might serve AEW well

Yes. I'll get myself a little something nice for the holidays. That's the angle I'm probably going with, this time around. Thank you for that one!

• Haha 2