DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNAMITE- 4/5/2023!

DEAN

17 minutes ago, DEAN said:

HHH was moving away from that because I usually revel in the fact that I can fast forward through the first half hour of RAW but lately I was like, "Oh shit!  An actual match to start!"  I assume those days are over.

I turned into Raw after Mania and it was the same old thing.  I actually enjoyed the storylines heading into Mania this year. The top matches all had good stories. 

22 minutes ago, Leonidas said:

I personally know at least 20 people who will be going to Wembley. Only 79,980 to go. Definitely going to need some huge names that the casuals will know. Most likely a big celebrity match must be in the making at a minimum plus everything else everyone has mentioned so far.

Does Shaq mean anything over there? 

We've seen instances in the past where threads here have a way of "manifesting" things in AEW. I love you guys, but I swear to God, if fucking old-ass Goldberg shows up in AEW, I will travel the world smacking anyone who suggested it here upside their damn heads.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Log said:

We've seen instances in the past where threads here have a way of "manifesting" things in AEW. I love you guys, but I swear to God, if fucking old-ass Goldberg shows up in AEW, I will travel the world smacking anyone who suggested it here upside their damn heads.

Goldberg vs. Jarrett, Goldberg squashing QT, or maaaaybe Goldberg/Sting vs. Jarrett/Lethal so long as it isn't Sting's last match would be the only acceptable uses for him. I'm not a huge fan, but I'll tolerate a few minutes of him if it helps AEW sell some tickets for this show.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Log said:

I just made a "Stop trying to make Goldberg in AEW happen" Mean Girls meme but couldn't make it post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, LF2 said:

The randomly yelling Amateurs over and over is the biggest thing I dislike about Bryan’s promos when he’s a heel. He’ll latch onto one word, and not stop. Like his great run as the “Planets Champion” in WWE where he used the word Fickle more than anyone ever should. 

Wrestlers think that X-PAC Heat isn’t a real thing, and that being really fucking annoying is Good Heel Work. If Danielson read that post, he would smile, and congratulate himself on a job well done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Leonidas said:

I personally know at least 20 people who will be going to Wembley. Only 79,980 to go. Definitely going to need some huge names that the casuals will know. Most likely a big celebrity match must be in the making at a minimum plus everything else everyone has mentioned so far.

Antony Ogogo is a mainstream celebrity in England.

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Does Shaq mean anything over there? 

Basketball isn't that popular, Wight vs Shaq seems much better suited for a US show. I was thinking something like Tyson Fury, but the fact he's already done WWE devalues him, and I don't think Anthony Joshua would do something, or if he's even much of a draw anymore. Not sure what other British celebrities would work unless they go for a Hollywood A-lister, plenty of them around. Premier League footballers maybe? And no offense to AXB, but I disagree about Ogogo, he was 2012 onwards for a few years, but all he's done since then is Strictly Come Dancing. They need someone much bigger.

Outside of celebrity matches, I reckon they need to book CMFTR vs the Elite and work backwards from there at a minimum.

Edited by Leonidas

Good show as usual last night. Sucks that they blew the Jay White into by having the wrong camera on. They should have had White cut a promo. But aside from that the show was good.

I'm glad FTR won because I can't imagine them wanting to go back to the WWE with everything going on at the moment.

• Like 2

They could have Spurs/England striker Harry Kane run in under a mask, then unmask and watch everyone say “Oh wow, it’s Preston Vance!”

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Leonidas said:

Basketball isn't that popular, Wight vs Shaq seems much better suited for a US show. I was thinking something like Tyson Fury, but the fact he's already done WWE devalues him, and I don't think Anthony Joshua would do something, or if he's even much of a draw anymore. Not sure what other British celebrities would work unless they go for a Hollywood A-lister, plenty of them around. Premier League footballers maybe? And no offense to AXB, but I disagree about Ogogo, he was 2012 onwards for a few years, but all he's done since then is Strictly Come Dancing. They need someone much bigger.

Outside of celebrity matches, I reckon they need to book CMFTR vs the Elite and work backwards from there at a minimum.

As far as combat sports goes, even though his fight last week didn't look as packed as it usually does (I mean the guy at one point was packing stadiums like Wembley and Tottenham Hotspur) despite being in arena, Joshua is still the way to go. He is famous on both sides of the pond, especially compared to Daniel Dubois, Lawrence Okolie, Dillian Whyte, and Joe Joyce. Problem is AJ is a peculiar cat to say this least. Just don't let him get a live mic. If you can get AJ and Leon Edwards, that would be a good get.

4 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

As far as combat sports goes, even though his fight last week didn't look as packed as it usually does (I mean the guy at one point was packing stadiums like Wembley and Tottenham Hotspur) despite being in arena, Joshua is still the way to go. He is famous on both sides of the pond, especially compared to Daniel Dubois, Lawrence Okolie, Dillian Whyte, and Joe Joyce. Problem is AJ is a peculiar cat to say this least. Just don't let him get a live mic. If you can get AJ and Leon Edwards, that would be a good get.

I don’t see Leon’s employer allowing it since they also will own WWE soon after that. The Anthony Joshua idea is definitely a viable one though. Who would you book him against though? Paul Wight? 

Maybe something with Ogogo since they were teammates on the 2012 Olympic team together.

Personally, I was think probably a non wrestler capacity as like a maybe a special referee or outside enforcer. Joshua looks like a brick shithouse compared to Fury, who just looks like shit.

• Like 1

I've never understood (And WWE does the same thing so it's not a bash-AEW thing) why promoters promise a "Big announcement" then have it be a show elsewhere in front of a live crowd. Have the announcers announce it to the television audience, fine. But when you promise a major announcement It just always feels dumb and kinda falls flat when a company announces in front of Long Island that they're going to run a show in the UK: "Oh boy a show I won't be able to afford to go to in front of a place that's not here?! What a MAJOR announcement!"

Maybe it's just me, but it's an annoyance right up there with a face in front of a hot crowd announcing "I'm going to face you...next week in Anaheim!" It works when a heel does it, because it can be played off like "I hate you rubes and want to wrestle elsewhere" but when a face does it, I can remember that feeling of "Oh! They're gonna wrestle finally...somewhere else...thanks...dick."

This show didn't do much for me honestly (Thought the NXT show from Tuesday was the best episode so far this week...with Raw a distant third) but then again I'm the only wrestling fan of the world who is not an FTR fan so...

• Thanks 1

I really enjoyed the Trios match.  Lots of organized chaos and you let Buddy Matthews score the pinfall to work the idea that any member of the HOB is capable of killing you dead at any point during the match.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, AxB said:

They could have Spurs/England striker Harry Kane run in under a mask, then unmask and watch everyone say “Oh wow, it’s Preston Vance!”

I'd rather see Son.   Seems like a great guy and I like the celebration he does after every goal. 

22 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It's the UK... the guest star better be fucking Harry Potter 

Erin Darke? She's been in the news today.

• Haha 1