DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNAMITE- 4/5/2023!

DEAN

Trios match would be more interesting to me as a bunch of singles matches.

FTR-Gunns has some intrigue and FTR could carry Gunns to a good match.

Sammy-Komander will be a fun spotfest.

Will Hook-Ethan Page be the culmination of Matt Hardy's not-so-subtle betrayal plan? Maybe. Will it be a good match? Magic 8-ball says "Outlook not so good"

Hayter-Riho is face vs. face and is somehow going to involve the Outcasts, but should be an excellent match until that happens.

Starks-Robinson is going to tell a lot of story and be a solid match. Please tell me they're not going to try and do a Bullet Club angle.

Is this when Tony announces the Saturday show?

Setting the over-under on MJF-day segment at 15 minutes.

• Like 4

This is definitely my sort of show.

• The MJF in Long Island dynamic the last last two times made for one of the most special segments that they've ever done, that crazy one where he almost went back and saved Dante but then didn't and then last time with Wardlow and the contract signing. 
  • Sammy vs Kommander isn't exactly my thing but you know Sammy is going to try to outdo Vikingo (which is impossible) and he'll get a ton of heat along the way so it should be fun. Plus, I'm fine with one thing on the show being not exactly my thing.
  • Acclaimed/JAS skit was fun. This should be fun too.
  • Gunns had a really good match against Infantry on Elevation last night. I think they're ready to hold their own and the stakes feel incredibly high on this one. I'm very much ready for the long FTR run. Or, hell, who knows, maybe the two of them under a mask. I'm flexible.
  • Hayter vs Riho should be an absolute blast.
  • I'm all for Starks winning his mini feud in short order. Juice isn't a guy I want to see every week but he can step up and has had good matches in the last month or two, but hopefully this is the end of this and Starks moves on to mowing over someone else. I suppose if it leads to some sort of Bullet Club escalation on the road to Forbidden Door, that's ok too since it means Starks will have big focus on that PPV.
  • HOOK and Ethan Page should be really good if it gets time. They had a solid house show encounter. I'm sad that this probably leads to the end of Hardy and Page, but hey, maybe they flip the stip and Hardy ends up with Page's contract? That sounds pretty delightful.
  • And then HOB vs Best Friends and OC. It felt like a fresh match up when they went at it on Rampage and now you have Cassidy and Buddy in there as well. It's still AEW Trios House Style so it'll frustrate me a bit, but the individual moments should be really good and depending on how they lay out the tag title match, there should be some really good leaning on someone by King and co. I'd love to see a couple of OC singles matches out of this too. They have to set up some things for BOTB on Friday after all.
  • And then we hear from the BCC and it should be a spitting fire sort of promo with some Elite chaos.
  • Like 7

Looking at the general mood of wrestling fans around the world, I was about to say "maybe Tony Khan should book some feel-good results, maybe make a babyface title win happen".

...oh yeah.

Anyways, this is definitely NOT the time to have the Gunns retain, as much as I appriciate the growth of their shtick (they were pretttty great on DARK this week). But please, please, no post-match smark 'n snark promo about the WWE situation after the match. Find a different angle. FTR wins via Mark Briscoe thwarting the cheatin' Gunns or something.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

By the way, given Khan's comments of the announcement being something he's dreamed of for years, my money's on it being the Saturday TV Show, especially if the thing starts at 6:05.

Given how earth shattering previous announcements have been. I’m predicting that he’s going to announce that…. He has a very important announcement for next week’s Dynamite (April 12).

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I just hope their idea of a Major announcement isn't hiring a PR guy that used to work for the WWE

Who in their right mind thinks this is a possibility? Come on. They didn’t go on TV and announce to the world that they hired Mansbury, it’s no different with this.

It’s either the Saturday TV show, or they’re running Craven Cottage.

I’m also calling my shot and saying Statlander returns tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I just hope their idea of a Major announcement isn't hiring a PR guy that used to work for the WWE

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

Who in their right mind thinks this is a possibility? Come on. They didn’t go on TV and announce to the world that they hired Mansbury, it’s no different with this.

It’s either the Saturday TV show, or they’re running Craven Cottage.

I’m also calling my shot and saying Statlander returns tonight.

This just in, Todd from accounting switched cubicles! 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Sadly, it can’t be they are taping TV at the Irish McNeil Boys Club or the Sportatorium. 

Based on the quality of the latter venue, Tony could build five Sportatoriums and not go over $1 million in expenses.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

By the way, given Khan's comments of the announcement being something he's dreamed of for years, my money's on it being the Saturday TV Show, especially if the thing starts at 6:05.

Well, I mean I would have cared more about a 6:05 show but hopefully this means Punk is on his way back.

• Like 7