DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 10/26/2022

The Natural

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I do think Oyaji hit on something important, which is that Ethan Page himself needs to take some initiative and change shit up. The thing that is probably holding him back the most is that he's been doing the same shit for years now. I think it's often a weakness rather than a strength, but at least WWE would force him to change it up. I don't know if there's anyone pushing for that in AEW. Obviously, Jericho should be that person to sit down and talk with Page about the need to reinvent himself or at least not stick with the same shit over and over again.

He wants to be Scott Hall or the Rock but he's not going to be either of them, so maybe he needs to be more of himself.

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Jericho vs Suzuki? ???

Suzuki is in the states. He's gonna be headlining the Defy show on Saturday against Tom Lawlor.

But I doubt it will be him. My guess is Jericho faces Colt Cabana.

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Suzuki is in the states. He's gonna be headlining the Defy show on Saturday against Tom Lawlor.

But I doubt it will be him. My guess is Jericho faces Colt Cabana.

That would rule ass, honestly…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I hope it's Austin Aries, who comes out shitting on about vaccines and sheeple, only for it to result in Jake Hager violently beating him to death for 30 minutes with his Kangol

Hager's more likely to agree with him.

• Like 3

Parker was great at ringside in the Garcia tag. I loved the Hayter snap jackhammers. Hated the code red spot. I don't love MJF's nailbiting "should I or shouldn't I?" emoting. It was good when he was in Long Island and screwing around with Dante in the ring. Less so here.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Matt D said:

Parker was great at ringside in the Garcia tag. I loved the Hayter snap jackhammers. Hated the code red spot. I don't love MJF's nailbiting "should I or shouldn't I?" emoting. It was good when he was in Long Island and screwing around with Dante in the ring. Less so here.

I'm at the point where those super cooperative flippy spots like Code Red and the various Destroyers really need to be extremely few and far between, maybe saved for those for whom it's their signature spot. Am I turning into Cornette?

This week it hit me that Hayter is really good at looking like she's trying to win a match. That's a cool skill. So many wrestlers go out and look like they're trying to have a good match. She looks like she wants to win. Moxley does the same on the mens' side.

• Like 7

Hayter was hitting another level that night. I haven't saw exactly what everyone saw in her until then. She just clicked. 

Far as my overall opinion on the card it started as the best it would get and went slowly downhill until the worst match was actually the main. BUT YET! The card as a whole was indeed one of the best they ever did. Fantastic work from everyone involved. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, JLowe said:

I'm at the point where those super cooperative flippy spots like Code Red and the various Destroyers really need to be extremely few and far between, maybe saved for those for whom it's their signature spot. Am I turning into Cornette?

to be fair for all his obvious faults Cornette has some really good insights on wrestling

Set up the poll immediately so I can vote for FTR vs. SIOG for best match of the week.  I’m with a lot of you that might have had mixed feelings about Swerve.  But he was excellent here.  Everyone was.  Lee made FTR look like a couple of underrated strongmen.

Really, what a show.  I’ll drink the poison Kool-Aid alright.  Then watch me no-sell it.

LOVED seeing Jericho eat the pin after they absolutely hammered him at the end.  Moves have consequences and even top guys get put down by them.  The BCC is my crew.  Claudio rules.  Yuta is really gonna be something.  

Hayter/Riho wasn’t exactly the rag doll car crash I was expecting.  But a damn good match.  That gut stomp was rugged.

AmDrag and Sammy kept the consistency of quality up on high.

Crackpot Theory Time:  Stokley is a red herring for something.  Not sure exactly what yet.  But what could be seen as underwhelming in his current performance might be subterfuge to spring the plot twist.  

MJF went for doing more crowd work than pure promo this time around.  I’m here for it if it means he bounces off Renee (who was excellent all night).  But like I said.  I’m still expecting a plot twist. 

I liked Mox/Penta but if they had actually done the Destroyer off the steps I might have ranked it higher.  I also might have saved the Lariat for the finish.  

The Acclaimed arriving every week continues to cheer me up.  The chair scissors got a big laugh outta me.

And NOW for my very over catch phrase….

I love you, AEW.  

• Like 2