DVDVR Message Board

Annual WWE Future Endeavoring Thread

21 hours ago, The Nature Boy said:

JTG was employed for a ridiculously long time (given how over he was and how he was being used). I'd trust him to tell me how to remain employed by WWE for a long time.

Kevin Dunn: JTG

Vince: Who's he?

Kevin Dunn: You know, black guy, was in some mid-card tag team for a while

Vince Oh, yeah.

Kevin Dunn Yeah, we can't actually find a record of him being a current employee here.

Kevin Dunn I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was laid off five years ago and no one ever told him about it; but through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck.

Kevin Dunn So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.

Vince Great.

Vince: So, uh, JTG has been let go?

Kevin Dunn: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it'll just work itself out naturally.

Kevin Dunn: We always like to avoid confrontation, whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

• Like 13

41 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Hard to imagine there's too many more cuts in store (except Adam Rose). They got rid of what, 7 or 8 people last week? That's pretty standard.

They could cut another five or six and still have too many on the roster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

They could cut another five or six and still have too many on the roster.

I'm just saying they usually don't cut more than they already have.

They have to keep some "end of the bench" guys for house show depth and what not.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - Meltzer and Alvarez implied on their most recent radio show that don't be surprised if the next round of cuts comes today (well on a Friday but I don't think they want to cut folks next week before the PPV)

We find it's always better to fire people on a Friday. Studies have statistically shown that there's less chance of an incident if you do it at the end of the week.

• Like 4

It amazes me how few people seem to mention Curtis Axel in here, since he was pretty much the first guy I thought of in terms of "who might the WWE be looking to cut?" Bombed under two different gimmicks, currently the least of a stable of jobbers, all the charisma of a dishrag, all the guy's got is a decent Hogan impression...

Yeah, but much like DiBiase posse stayed employed a year or two longer than they otherwise would, Perfect Jr also gets a little extra leeway before they give up on him.

6 hours ago, just drew said:

Henry's contract is about up. Rose. Ryback. There's 3. Summer Rae has to be on the bubble. Fandango. Konnor. Viktor. 

5 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I'm just saying they usually don't cut more than they already have.

They have to keep some "end of the bench" guys for house show depth and what not.

End of the bench and not being used should be two different things.  There are a LOT of people just not being used at all.  It is hard to get people excited about house shows when the people on the card are not on TV.

Rumors are that Lilian is being/has been let go. But just a few days ago reports were that she'd be returning to RAW this upcoming Monday after JoJo has been filling in for the last few weeks. Guess we'll find out on Monday.

I fucking cannot stand how they have all the announcers use that same pitch and tonal pattern when doing introductions. Drives me bonkers. Btw, what is a "chyampiawshyiiiiiii"?

Also anyone who attacks JoJo or any other Lillian replacement should go back and watch late 1999 RAWs. Lillian was God awful when she started. JoJo is WAY ahead of where Lillian was at this point in her ring announcer development

• Like 2

To be clear, I wasn't defending Garcia. They all do it. It's terrible. At the nxt house show, the woman doing intros would go from talking normally to WWE announcer voice with no pause just to highlight how ridiculous it all is.