DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

10 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Mega Man Legacy Collection is $6 on PS4 and Xbone and $7.50 on Steam and 3DS. I got the PS one at launch, will be double dipping for portable joy.

I was looking at the 3DS version (cartridge, not digital) and that was $20 at the time.  I'm so glad I held off on that, this was an instant purchase.  Heck, I might even consider the digital 3DS version as well.  But you can't go wrong with this deal, can't wait to play it when I get home.

And while Steam is having amazing deals, I'm highly amused at the deals in the Playstation Store.  For example, they've been advertising games like Madden 17 at stores, and odds are most if not all copies will be sold out.  Well, at least they were for last year's version.  Or, you have a few days to get it digitally on the Playstation Store and you don't have to waste gas/time.  Sounds like a no-brainer to me, though I'm still on the fence about the game.

Picked up what I guess is a preview of Amazon's Monday deal. PS4 Uncharted bundle with a $50 Amazon gift card for 249.99. 

It's for my niece (and certainly concludes holiday shopping for her), but in an effort to be kind, of course I'll have to open it up to run updates and install games. If I accidentally happen to play through Uncharted before Christmas, well...what could be done?

Am I correct in assuming that if I register it as my console, I can add an account for her, which would then be able to access all of my PS+ stuff? I don't have a PS4 myself, but I do have a PS+ sub and "purchase" the PS4 games each month. 

Then, if I get one, I can register it as her console, but I'd still have access to the PS+ content when I'm logged in? Trying to give her a wider variety of stuff to play while getting use out that portion of the PS+ content that currently goes unused by me...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shane said:

Picked up what I guess is a preview of Amazon's Monday deal. PS4 Uncharted bundle with a $50 Amazon gift card for 249.99. 

It's for my niece (and certainly concludes holiday shopping for her), but in an effort to be kind, of course I'll have to open it up to run updates and install games. If I accidentally happen to play through Uncharted before Christmas, well...what could be done?

Am I correct in assuming that if I register it as my console, I can add an account for her, which would then be able to access all of my PS+ stuff? I don't have a PS4 myself, but I do have a PS+ sub and "purchase" the PS4 games each month. 

Then, if I get one, I can register it as her console, but I'd still have access to the PS+ content when I'm logged in? Trying to give her a wider variety of stuff to play while getting use out that portion of the PS+ content that currently goes unused by me...

My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that the PS+ content is only available on the "primary" console for the account as it is console-based to prevent someone from just giving all their friends their PSN user and login. Like if I go to my brother's house and sign in, I can't download my free PS4 games. So only one console can play the PSN games at a time since the account is tied to the PS4. You'd have to coordinate changing the PS4's status between primary and secondary depending on which one of you wanted to play the PS+ content. I don't know if that is something Sony monitors (ie it may look odd if every day the primary console on an account changes) or they don't care that much. But I am not 100% sure since I think some policies have changed, it might be the games are always available and its the other features like online that aren't.

But yes, if you register it as yours and she makes an account on that console, she definitely can play downloaded games.

the Cyber Monday deals for video games on Amazon have been the same ones on sale since Thanksgiving day. Unless I'm doing it wrong, it's just a bunch of headsets, controllers, console stands, and maybe 4-5 games.

Yeah, Amazon's video game deals have been garbage this year.

I was also disappointed that there was basically just one PS4 bundle this year.  I was looking to get one for my dad, but he's not into Uncharted -type games, and I already have Uncharted, so its not like I could just swipe it as a backdoor gift for myself.

26 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

If you're interested, Amazon's deal of the day in video games is an XBOX One S 500GB w/Battlefield 1 for  $212

MOTHERFUCKER. 2 weeks after I get an Xbox One and WWE 2K17 for (after taxes) a little over $300. Ugh.

48 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

The new Humble Bundle is tycoon games. I mention it because I know OOTP Baseball has some fans on here and 2017 is on the $1 tier, along with Big Pharma and Democracy 3 on the beat-the-average green tier ($5ish right now)

You left out Roller Coaster Tycoon Deluxe!!!!! :)

I will be buying the Humble Bundle as soon as I get home tonight.

Man, Democracy 3 is definitely a game I want to get into but every single fucking save I get assassinated within the first year for being too radical. I mean, come on.

And lol @ me being the dumbass that I am and buying OOTP 17 when it first came out and not playing it much because of how good The Show was this year.

12 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

The new Humble Bundle is tycoon games. I mention it because I know OOTP Baseball has some fans on here and 2017 is on the $1 tier, along with Big Pharma and Democracy 3 on the beat-the-average green tier ($5ish right now)

Thanks for the heads-up.  Been meaning to try OOTP for a long time now - and now I can :)

14 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Invisible, Inc. is a game I've been interested in playing but it's pretty miserable looking at the dearth of AAA freebies we've gotten from Sony the past two years.

PS3 has gotten some but the PS4 has gotten not much. 

in addition to the Tycoon Games bundle, Humble is teaming up with Yogscast for an Advent calendar-style bundle.  For $30 you get 5 games (Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Bit.Trip Runner2, Back to Bed, Psychonauts and Kholat), a print-and-play card game called DATLOF and some Team Fortress 2 goodies.  Every day from now til NYE, you'll get one additional item. And it's 100% charity, no split to Humble or the devs or the podcast I've never listened to but who picked the games.