DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I doubt it would have gotten to that point. More than likely, Cornette would have sought the services of a prostitute long before, then strangle her in a fit of rage. He discovers he enjoys the rush of killing a woman, so he seeks out other prostitutes to fufill his murderous, sexual desires. 

Coming soon on the WWE Network!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Is eastcoast_joe somebody's grandmother?

He's Jay Bower. He used to write ridiculously overlong blogs for thesmarks or theshooters or insidepulse or something. Scotsman wound him up a bit once.

I didn't see it on this board, but apparently the WWE chose not to sign him, because of some domestic violence incident that happened a few years ago.

Does anyone have the quote from the Observer on that?

5 minutes ago, The Z said:

I didn't see it on this board, but apparently the WWE chose not to sign him, because of some domestic violence incident that happened a few years ago.

Does anyone have the quote from the Observer on that?

You're right on that one:

The situation with Moose changed in the past week as well. WWE backed off on signing him at this moment due to a 2009 domestic violence allegation which led to him being suspended for a game when he was in the NFL. He was actually told not to worry by WWE with the idea it’s just a timing situation (given the recent situations with Adam Rose and Jerry Lawler) and not a closed door. 

Final Deletion did 410K for TNA which was by far the best # they have ever done on POP (51K more than their 2nd highest show)

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-tuesday-cable-originals-network-finals-7-5-2016.html

I would joke about it being the 67th most watched show on Tuesday but for a network like POP that actually has to be really good for them

If USA could twist Vince's arm into pasting Hunter and Stephanie all over Raw for two years based on ratings, Pop better be able to force Dixie to make Impact into The Broken Matt Show. 

POP and TNA announced that - unsurprisingly - IMPACT is moving to Thursdays starting on July 21

Better news for old men like me - it is also moving to 8 PM EST

• Like 1

I've made a conscious decision to start following Impact again, after the Final Deletion now seems like as good a time to "see where this goes" as any.

Plus hopefully if the figures go up Dixie might just give us even more insane stuff.

• Like 2

From the here go again file

At the backend of the WOR special breaking news UFC sale update - Meltzer had news on the TNA's finances again

Basically - it is exactly like last time and that TNA needs a cash infusion to be able to pay for the TV tapings.

Those in the know have told Dave that a sale is as close as it has ever been. Similiar to UFC where it was "they are going to sell" and then nothing was brought up for a few weeks - same scenario is going on here.

As per usual - Dixie is trying to find someone who will just buy shares of the company but she remains minority owner. This is what both Billy Corgan and the Nazis did - so they are all minority owners now.

TNA is operating as "business as usual" while all of this is going (like UFC). So that is why they are still trying to sign new talent.

In regards to the question many have asked - how can they sign new guys but not have money for tapings, etc...? Using Moose at the example since basically just signed (for 100K which Dave reported in the newest WON). Basically TNA has money to pay everyone and everyone has been getting paid. The problem is when it comes time for TV - they don't have the money to do both - pay talent AND have the tapings.

That is why they keep needing cash infusions for the tapings.

6 hours ago, jstout said:

Billy Corgan & the Nazis would've been a really great idea and name for a Hanna-Barbera detective cartoon from the 1970s. All we need is one talking animal.

Jason Alexander as Duckman

I am positive it has all been worked out by now but Meltzer said on the radio show that was done after RAW that someone (I guess a WON reader) called Universal and as of yesterday - Universal had no tapings for TNA scheduled on the lot