DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

Just noticed his T-shirt saying that on prowrestlingtees. Chesterfield is my hometown so it jumped out at me. Bram actually went to the same school as me.

To take a guess where he's got the "plague" thing from: There's a village near here called Eyam that was pretty much wiped out by the black death, spread to there by a package of cloth being sent to a local tailor from London. They quarantined the village successfully so it didn't spread but most of its population was wiped out.

When he first showed up, he was Magnus' childhood best friend, so they said he was also from King's Lynn (even though his accent was anything but). But then that gimmick came to an end when Magnus left, so Bram got his real hometown back.

TNA is teasing that Damien Sandow will be showing up on the quasi-live show tomorrow

TNA is teasing that they will unveil a major addition to their roster tomorrow, and all signs point to it being the former Damien Sandow.

A video that TNA debuted exclusively on RollingStone.com advertises tomorrow’s episode of Impact and concludes with music reminiscent of Sandow’s WWE theme. The article accompanying the video teases that the company has signed one of wrestling’s biggest free agents.

Both Sandow (real name Aaron Haddad) and TNA's official Twitter accounts tweeted the link to the video.

Tomorrow’s episode of Impact will be airing on a slight tape delay as it is the first in a marathon round of tapings at the Impact Zone in Orlando, FL.

Sandow was released by WWE earlier this year in a round of roster cuts. He last wrestled in a WWE ring against Titus O’Neil on May 3rd. He has since competed for various independent promotions in the United States and has made a few appearances overseas under the name Aron Stevens.

I really can't believe that as desperate as they are to fill 2 rosters now, WWE hasn't jumped at the chance to bring him back. He won't do shit in TNA, because TNA but hopefully he gets a decent paycheck out of it (yeah yeah, I know, TNA)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Based on some pictures and a match from last week on Youtube, "biggest free agent" might have a different meaning.   He is on that Chris Hero plan right now

If it meant he churned out the same quality of matches that Chris Hero can, I'd be ok with that. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I hope he takes phantom bumps in the Impact ring because Miz is in the middle of match somewhere. 

If a Mizdow falls in an Impact Ring, and there's no one there to hear it, does he make a sound?

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I hope he takes phantom bumps in the Impact ring because Miz is in the middle of match somewhere. 

Now I'm wondering if two weeks ago Mizdow was watching RAW and was suddenly concerned when Randy Orton claimed Miz regularly gets fucked in the ass by a strap-on dildo.  Like he was doing the Larry David look at how Miz and Maryse reacted.

• Like 1

Poor, poor, horribly misguided Sandow.  As much as I enjoy the shows now, with their money issues I would so not sign there.  This part really made me laugh.

"TNA just seemed like the perfect spot for me," Sandow said. "They are a growing company with a proven track record. I really believe that they have their finger on the pulse of what the audience wants, and they will gear their product towards that."

• Like 2

Well to be fair I think TNA is his best option.  I can't see him being a ROH guy unless he is put with someone like Daniels and Kazarian or that awful "Make America great" team.  Certainly not a EVOLVE or PWG kind of guy.  Can't imagine him being very useful in Japan and man I can't even fathom what kind of character he could do in Lucha Underground.  

TNA is growing in terms of talent and progression of their in ring product.  But everything else that involves money is certainly not growing

So yesterday - Dave Meltzer said on the WON radio show that the TNA financials were still bad and that something was going to have to happen soon (they would still be able to do the tapings but they still had way more money going out than coming in)

Well today TNA announced that Billy Corgan is the new President of TNA and responsible for day to day operations and Dixie Carter is the now Chairman with a focus on long-term planning, strategic partnerships and global growth. 

Nothing else was said but I am reading into that as they conned Corgan into buying the company but letting Dixie remain in charge

• Like 1