DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

Well again - TNA

That being said - I am leaning now towards work over shoot as none of the "regular sites" have mentioned it

And PWI said - the reason Storm is not on the majority of the taped shows is he was on a vacation (that clearly he had planned before TNA booked the taping dates)

So what is the deal with Lashley's Madusa dumping of the KoTM and X-Division titles?  I thought the Triple Crown booking was pretty awesome.  Who gave up on the gimmick?  Dixie?

And the Grand Championship matches will have a rounds system?  We don't need another AWF, guys..

Wrestlecrap said it best:

All joking aside, the sacrifice of certain entertaining aspects of pro wrestling and the adoption of certain formalities and regulations were vital if the AWF wished to bring back an air of respectability, realism, and sportsmanship to an exhibition in which two grown men pretend to beat each other up.

I am all for Billy Corgan being the money mark.  I think I could deal with the instrumentals from Quiet being played as the TNA intro / interlude / outro theme.

• Like 1

I would guess that when Storm was negotiating his TNA deal, he had something put in there where he could leave if he got paid late. If he's smart, he did that.

At the start of a week of tapings which included Impact episodes through the end of September, the company announced that Billy Corgan had replaced Dixie Carter as the President of the company, while Carter will become Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer for the company.

Since tapings continued all week, it was largely unclear what this means. Both Corgan and Aroluxe have been putting money into the company in recent months to fund the television tapings and pay the salaries of the talent and office staff in exchange for ownership points. Once again, there were financial issues going into the tapings that started on 8/11, as talent had not gotten paid money they were due on 7/30. Whatever deal that led to the company having more money seemed to take place at the same time of the announcement, and talent was then paid in full.

Corgan, who started with the company about 16 months ago, put money in to fund a recent television taping that nearly had to be canceled at the last minute. Corgan has also been an authority figure on television with Carter. Both continued to appear on already taped future episodes of the show in similar roles. The key in a sale of the company has always been about allowing Carter to save face, and this gives her a title and allows for that.

Corgan, from the start, has been part of the company’s creative process with David Lagana, John Gaburick and Matt Conway. At this point, the problem is not creative. The problem is making the company work, which means revenue streams. The company’s main revenue streams are its television deals in the U.K. and India. But the merging of two television stations in India threatens that deal, and TNA has still not announced a tour for India that is mandated in its television contract.

Corgan gave a speech to talent at the tapings described as a rah-rah speech that seemed to get over. It wasn’t much different from the occasional speeches Carter had done over the years, but the difference is that with a few exceptions, most of TNA’s talent is new and hasn’t been through all that.

The company’s parent company is now called Impact Ventures.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Corgan, who started with the company about 16 months ago, put money in to fund a recent television taping that nearly had to be canceled at the last minute. Corgan has also been an authority figure on television with Carter.

Death

Taxes

Money Marks

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Meltzer is saying that Dixie is "pretty much on her way out". Her husband and Dale Oliver have already been let go and Corgan brought in Sheri Shaw to produce the theme music for the talent.

Figure4Weekly:

Ever since Billy Corgan took over as the President of TNA Wrestling, we’ve been getting emails asking about Dixie Carter’s status. Dave Meltzer reported months ago that Dixie Carter’s exit from the company would be a face-saving move. That basically is what happened when TNA announced this month that Carter would remain as "Chairman" of the company and Corgan would take on the day-to-day operations.

Carter was at the recent tapings but she was not there for all of the shows. Corgan brought in Grammy Award winning singer/musician Sheri Shaw to write the TNA theme songs. That is significant because Carter’s husband Serg Salinas was the person behind a lot of TNA’s theme songs for many years so that would add credibility to the talk within TNA about Carter losing power. Some within TNA believe that she has already lost all power.

People in the company are under the impression that that Carter still has some stake in the company but Corgan is running the show and Carter will eventually be gone completely. The belief is that Aroluxe Marketing also has a stake in TNA. According to Tennessee business filings, Aroluxe Media, LLC is now conducting business under the names “TNA,” Aroluxe Media,” and “AMSM Productions.” TNA Wrestling filed under a new business name, “Impact Ventures LLC” on 8/7 and they have been doing business under that name in Nashville.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2016 at 2:59 PM, jstout said:

Fan conventions are going to bring her in and put her in a dunking booth.

And the tanks will be filled with piranhas.

7 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Global Force Wrestling, late 2016

A ball park, Tennessee.

"uh-oh, we know who that is, ITS TRIXIE DARTER!!! THE HOTTEST FREE AGENT IN WRESTLING, WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE!"

Close. Tennesse State Fair instead.

As previously reported, Billy Corgan is the man in charge of TNA now, and Dixie Carter is on her way out. The way that Corgan took charge, with Carter being named “Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer,” is being done so that she can save face on her way out. She did not stay for the entire tapings, and the word is that she only cares about exiting without getting egg on her face.

Corgan still faces the same issues going forward, he is running a company that doesn’t create enough revenue to cover payroll and TV production, which is why he and Aroluxe had to invest in TNA in the first place. The company has also shown an inability to create profit off both live events and PPV for years

55 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Advertising would work. I don't even know what network they're on. 

Yeah they've always been horrible about advertising. I went to a house show they ran here back when they were still doing those and they had Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy on the card. Drew like 500 people because they didn't advertise it for shit. Don't recall any mentions of it on the radio, no local tv/newspaper ads, no flyers anywhere. I gotta think even with a tiny bit of effort they could have drawn around 1200

6 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Yeah they've always been horrible about advertising. I went to a house show they ran here back when they were still doing those and they had Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy on the card. Drew like 500 people because they didn't advertise it for shit. Don't recall any mentions of it on the radio, no local tv/newspaper ads, no flyers anywhere. I gotta think even with a tiny bit of effort they could have drawn around 1200

I doubt all the advertising in the world would really help them at this point.

Given how this type of story has played out throughout the course of wrestling history, I suspect Cornette is going to end up looking like a genius again for pointing out it would have cost Corgan less to simply start a small wrestling organization and grow it. 

Then again, didn't he already fuck up doing that?

• 2 weeks later...

More TNA Sale news

Meltzer said on the radio show last night that Billy Corgan is attempting to buy the company from Dixie Carter and they are close (like a price has been agreed upon but working out other details)

The Nazis had the first chance to buy the company (until the first of Sept) but they passed and now Corgan has the opportunity