DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

1 hour ago, nate said:

I can guarantee you they wouldn't treat EN090 like that though.  But that's because abuse is usually only capable of being defined by the abused.

"Idiots."

Also because he doesn't have a Twitter.  Everyone knows that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Back in the 90s, listening to Siamese Dream, did you ever imagine its royalties would be funding the dying breaths of an awful wrestling promotion 20 years later?  The world is funny sometimes.

Oh God. I just realized I've inadvertently helped fund TNA. How much of a say do you think four albums buys me?

3 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Oh God. I just realized I've inadvertently helped fund TNA. How much of a say do you think four albums buys me?

I owned Siamese Dream, Pisces Iscariot, and Mellon Collie. I got Adore for Christmas in '97, but traded it in after one listen. The only electronic SP song I liked was "Eye" from the Lost Highway soundtrack.

10 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Ive been to 3 SP shows... so that's like $150... that has to cover one of the ring crew for a day.

I went to one that had to be rescheduled due to the heroin overdose of touring keyboardist Jonathan Melvoin and firing of Jimmy Chamberlain. We got shafted as Garbage was supposed to be the opener. After the show was rescheduled, we got Grant Lee Buffalo, which is a big downgrade from Shirley Manson, Butch Vig, and co. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I went to one that had to be rescheduled due to the heroin overdose of touring keyboardist Jonathan Melvoin and firing of Jimmy Chamberlain. We got shafted as Garbage was supposed to be the opener. After the show was rescheduled, we got Grant Lee Buffalo, which is a big downgrade from Shirley Manson, Butch Vig, and co. 

Oh man... i would have been pissed! I saw Garbage last fall and they were amazing.

13 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Oh man... i would have been pissed! I saw Garbage last fall and they were amazing.

Between their music and Shirley Manson...yeah I was definitely pissed. 

Sarah McLachlan's "Angel" is about Jonathan Melvoin's death. Of course, you can't hear that song now without thinking of abused animals and momentarily having your day ruined. It's Pavlovian. 

I really like the TNA thread as an all-purpose rambling thread. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I really like the TNA thread as an all-purpose rambling thread. 

Which is very much like TNA, with its rambling, incomprehensible booking.  So rambling is welcome in the thread about rambling.  I feel like this is the most meta comment on TNA made in quite some time.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, nate said:

Which is very much like TNA, with its rambling, incomprehensible booking.  So rambling is welcome in the thread about rambling.  I feel like this is the most meta comment on TNA made in quite some time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I went to one of the post-Chamberlain shows with Garbage.  You definitely got screwed.  Shirley Manson circa-1996 was almost CBGB-era Debbie Harry levels of hotness.

• Like 3

Just now, mattdangerously said:

I went to one of the post-Chamberlain shows with Garbage.  You definitely got screwed.  Shirley Manson circa-1996 was almost CBGB-era Debbie Harry levels of hotness.

I know I got screwed. There was this goth girl that was two grades ahead of me in high school that resembled Shirley Manson, and I was totally crazy about her. We ended up becoming friends, but that was the extent of it. She was into older dudes. 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know I got screwed. There was this goth girl that was two grades ahead of me in high school that resembled Shirley Manson, and I was totally crazy about her. We ended up becoming friends, but that was the extent of it. She was into older dudes. 

You're older now, dude.

So lets assume Corgan dumped in 2 mill. How many years could he have ran a local indy fed and not lost all that money? 5 years?

• Like 1

I know TNA is more popular in the UK, but is it really enough to warrant the cost of bringing over multiple talent for an indy show? Are they going to draw 1000+ because TNA talent are on a card? Sabu comes around town frequently and he isn't drawing 300+ and he's probably a bigger star than the modern TNA roster. I'm not being snarky, but I know a promoter blew $4500 on a show with some name talent and they barely drew 300 people and the promoter wasn't exactly excited about the turn out. How is this situation supposed to be profitable?

• Like 1

I am assuming on the DVD/iPPV/OnDemand sales is where they make up the money

Again - just guessing - but the impression I have always seen is that is the reason (at least in this current market)

On 6/22/2016 at 1:51 PM, nate said:

I can guarantee you they wouldn't treat EN090 like that though.  But that's because abuse is usually only capable of being defined by the abused.

"Idiots."

I'd just like to add that a couple months ago EN0 tweeted that he'd named his daughter 'Dixie'.  I...I don't want to know if it's true!