DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

While its fun to LOLTNA - I knew it was too good to be true

TNA RUMOR KILLER
By Mike Johnson on 2016-07-12 12:58:00

There is apparently a rumor making the rounds that TNA is not going to tape tonight and that Universal doesn't have them scheduled as an attraction at their Orlando theme park today.  I do not know the source but have received 6 emails in the last 15 minutes about it.

I'm not sure where that started, but I am sure it would come as a great surprise to TNA given that the roster is in Orlando, that the had a production meeting at Universal an hour ago and have already started filming pre-taped for tonight and other episodes of Impact Wrestling.

So, all signs are that the tapings are going along on schedule.

Well, so much for that rumor.  Seems like wishful thinking for whoever spread it.

Reading the Observer I can't help but laugh at the wonders of karma (the thing, not the wrestler):

How’s this for a sad story. Joey Ryan noted that three years ago this week, TNA released him. Over July 4th weekend, Ryan outsold the entire TNA company combined when it comes to merchandise through Pro Wrestling Tees.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NickMD said:

Well, so much for that rumor.  Seems like wishful thinking for whoever spread it.

Reading the Observer I can't help but laugh at the wonders of karma (the thing, not the wrestler):

In TNAs defense, there is no way Joey could have done what he did to get so famous on TNAs tv show.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/07/2016 at 4:20 PM, DTTW said:

In TNAs defense, there is no way Joey could have done what he did to get so famous on TNAs tv show.

Really? On a show that airs 9-11pm?

1 hour ago, Linus said:

Really? On a show that airs 9-11pm?

In the usa violence seems ok, but using your cock to do a wrestling move....yeah they'd have fired him on the spot for it. Of course since no one watches the show, it wouldn't have had the same impact onhis career and they probably would have just aired it anyways.

Hardy awesomeness aside, Impact was a fun TV show this week, Lashley v Edwards was pretty decent and all the other feuds seem important most of the way down the card and had fun matches.

I had to double check that it was Impact for a while but I really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've been finding the same thing recently.  There's still some TNA weirdness (The knockouts thing was awkward as all get-out) but it's overall been a fairly entertaining little wrestling show lately.

• Like 1

Another fun week, the Rosemary vignettes were decent and probably the best thing Bram's ever been involved in. 

More Hardy goodness and Moose v Lashley is an intriguing future feud they are simmering at the moment.

Eli Drake is the best Mr. Kennedy since Mr. Kennedy and a fun Monsters ball tag match.  

Knowing TNA all this will turn to crud in a few weeks but it seems they are on a decent run.

• Like 3

I'll be honest.  I DVR TNA now since POP On Demand disables FF and I cannot immediately skip directly to the Rosemary promo and wild Hardy Boyz shit. 

I am surprised by how well they are slow burn booking Moose vs. Lashley.

The Deletion of the Bucks of Youth promo now makes me yearn for #BROKEN Matt viginettes on TNA that start off with Vanguard One hacking into the broadcast feed and taking over the audio and video Outer Limits style.

• Like 1

The other thing I've noticed about TNA is they have abandoned all concept of face / heel alignments in the upper card, basically face or heel, no one likes anyone else. The crowd seem desperate to get behind MOOSE! but he's aligned with Bennett.  Lashley is great in his role and people seem to dig him but he acts like a total douchebag. Such a weird way of doing things.

If, and it's the biggest if of all time, TNA handle Moose / Bennett / Lashley and the Hardy feud correctly, they could have Moose and Brother Nero as the two hottest babyfaces in their history.

19 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Good to see TNA is keeping a certain pro wrestling booking trope alive.

As least neither Lashley nor Moose refers to their punch as a delivering a soup bone and there is no hand clapping or wobble legging before a head butt..

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

The other thing I've noticed about TNA is they have abandoned all concept of face / heel alignments in the upper card, basically face or heel, no one likes anyone else. The crowd seem desperate to get behind MOOSE! but he's aligned with Bennett.  Lashley is great in his role and people seem to dig him but he acts like a total douchebag. Such a weird way of doing things.

If, and it's the biggest if of all time, TNA handle Moose / Bennett / Lashley and the Hardy feud correctly, they could have Moose and Brother Nero as the two hottest babyfaces in their history.

I think Lashley is doing his best to be a tough talking tweener, but he just comes off as a bit of an asshole because he's got a really good MMA record and believes his own press like Brock Lesnar does..  If he'd just dial in a bit more kayfabe, he'd be fine. 

Moose is just a good man in bad company.  HE WILL BREAK FREE~!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

.... TO CATCH POKEMON!!!!!!!

Sorry.  Wrong company.

Dammit.  Your Pokémon Go reference just spawned a random Naruto Onine ad.

• Like 2

With they way the world works now a days, are babyfaces and heels kinda dead? Aren't entertaining personalities more important than constantly doing the right thing? Heck look at all this Hardy stuff. I have zero clue if Matt is supposed to be heel or face, but damn if it's not interesting to watch. If it had been Matt is mad at Jeff for something and we're supposed to boo him, really doubt it would be getting all this attention.

• Like 1

It's just campy and different from what we're used to, and I think wrestling could use (a little bit) more camp. WWE occasionally pulls it off (I love the Heath Slater stuff, though it's been done to death), but this is just so different and over the top from what's been done before.

• Like 1

I think as long as guys are presented with a good reason to be fighting then it is fine.

The problem with most wrestling (not just TNA) is presenting that "good" reason

I really dig Lashley as the guy who just wants all the belts, doesn't matter who he goes through and his list of enemies is growing longer by the week.

EC3, Eddie Edwards, James Storm, Moose

It makes Lashley seem like a total badass.

The Bram / Rosemary stuff was pretty surreal, not as good as the Hardy stuff but interesting visually in a 'Rob Zombie flick / Marilyn Manson 1998 video' kind of way and makes me want to see how it's going to play out. 

This new direction they seem to be going on is kinda working for me on a non-ironic level. Sure it's low budget and a bit low brow at times but it's pretty fun.

• Like 1