DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL NXT DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

it would be interesting to see if NXT workers get 401K, healthcare, etc. in lieu of cuts of live gates, merch, etc. that the main roster gets while not reciving the 'normal' job benefits.

I like to think Vince taught Hunter better than that.

And I'd like to think, he remembers how shitty it was to be in that situation and now that he is in a position to change it, he will.

Unless he has the attitude that the business is what it is and there's no reason to change it

NXT is essentially a weird form of prestige programming. It's a way to appease hardcore fans who serve as tastemakers for the rest of the wrestling audience. It's like what Grantland was to ESPN in a lot of ways -- the place where smart people flocked to first. It's absolutely ingenious because it's somehow both for the cool kids and also a way for the WWE to try and get someone like Baron Corbin to stick.

The only time I ever really sought out anything to do with FCW was the Ambrose/Rollins and Ambrose/Regal stuff. Maybe those matches really opened up a lot of eyeballs to the template for NXT once they had that center and new TV format in place. Diehards like us actively sought out FCW maybe for the first time. Maybe HHH or whoever realized from those matches that dorks like us will watch the top indie guys (and I don't even watch indie stuff) since they're polished and use that as a means to expose us to homegrown acts and that a feeder system could be its own thing.

I mean, major kudos to them for figuring this out. NXT is clearly the best part of WWE programming and has been for two years now. And I say that as the guy who doesn't hate Raw. But I also prefer indie rock and classic films and used bookstores and UCB-style comedy and You're The Worst and Nathan For You. I'm not a mainstream viewer. Thanks to them for figuring out we exist.

it would be interesting to see if NXT workers get 401K, healthcare, etc. in lieu of cuts of live gates, merch, etc. that the main roster gets while not reciving the 'normal' job benefits.

And I'd like to think, he remembers how shitty it was to be in that situation and now that he is in a position to change it, he will.

Unless he has the attitude that the business is what it is and there's no reason to change it

Then why even bother with NXT and the performance center in the first place?

Then why even bother with NXT and the performance center in the first place?

Because then someone wouldn't be able to make a post about it in a Wrestling message board.

Past Nia Jax, are there are any "legacy" wrestlers in NXT/WWE Developmental right now (I admit I'm probably missing someone obvious)? It feels like a huge difference from FCW a few years ago in that regard.

It almost definitely doesn't "count" as a big one, but Carmella's father was a jobber in the '80s/'90s and was one of Razor Ramon's first WWF matches...that's about all that there seems to be right now, though.

Past Nia Jax, are there are any "legacy" wrestlers in NXT/WWE Developmental right now (I admit I'm probably missing someone obvious)? It feels like a huge difference from FCW a few years ago in that regard.

NXT Floor manager Berkeley Ottman, who isn't a wrestler. He's Tugboat/Typhoon/Shockmaster's son, Dusty's nephew, and Gold/Stardust's cousin. He's also the timekeeper on the main roster.

Does TNA make money period?

You have to make sense before you make money.

Demonstrably false. The success of the Twilight saga would be an obvious counter-example to this axiom.

Women have libidos just like men. No different than skinflicks in terms of purposes.

Well apparently there is a "never before seen" match with Neville vs Cesaro from the Arnold Classic which I can't imagine not being great.  

It was the last five minutes or so - big move, 2 count, rest, wash rinse repeat. 

Full match will be on the < Shill > BEST OF NXT VOLUME ONE AVAILABLE MARCH < / SHILL >

Wow, I definitely didn't see that coming. I would be super pumped to see Alex Shelley in nxt. I could take or leave Chris Sabin.

On a related note, has there been any other news on Austin Aries in nxt, or did he go back to TNA?