DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXVIII

Dolfan in NYC

Couple things I don't think have been mentioned yet: Rusev's standing flip senton was awesome, looked like he crushed Dolph. Lana looks like she just got back from an 80s themed mixer. She doesn't look like a character, but rather a person in a costume. Cesaro and Owens should've been the opening match, put Sheamus and Orton on before the main. They (Orton Sheamus) looked way out of place on this show, boring match too.Big E's apron splash is my new favorite signature move.

I can't wait for Steve Austin to shit on the springboard stunner on Tuesday morning. Totally ineffective and poor in execution, which could be said for the majority of Cena's moveset for years now. There is no stock left in the AA, everyone in the building expects a kick out even it's from a JTTS. I'm definitely over Cena's structure of a match in 2015, Cena's strikes have always been lacklustre but his ability to sell between the sticks has made up for his drawbacks, but even that was the shits last night. If you can't work because of your nose being in recovery and refuse a mask, don't sacrifice key components of the damn match. Seth looked like a goof not attacking the face from the offset. After meditating on it since last night, I think that annoyed me more than the finish.

Does Cena break out that abomination every PPV? That one wasn't close to connecting and looked far worse than even the one against Rusev at 'Mania. I don't catch every PPV so I'm sure he botched it several times in his series against Owens. As for the AA, does what Pentagon Jr., did to Vampiro at UltimaLucha when he dumped his lardass on the concrete technically count as an AA? Because that's the (first and) last time an AA looked damaging. Although Rollins reversal into an AA last night was pretty sweet just for how dickish and smug he looked pulling it off.

Cena is now (something like) 1 for 5 on his Springboard Stunner attempts, with Wrestlemania being the 1. So yeah, that bad. He should probably just do something simpler, like a back elbow or something instead.

As for the AA, does what Pentagon Jr., did to Vampiro at UltimaLucha when he dumped his lardass on the concrete technically count as an AA? Because that's the (first and) last time an AA looked damaging.

Off the top of my head, dropping Punk on the steel in the 2011 chamber also stands out as "damaging." 

I thought Rollins Frog Splash was awkward as heck, like he had no control of his limbs.. I hate Frog Splashes that go for hang time, its why Eddie's was so perfect. It was quick and landed clean.

James

Staying up to watch this live. Please be fucking worth it.

Late to the party and I think it was. Particulary enjoyed the four way tag, Shield Mk II vs. Wyatt Family Mk II, Rollins vs. Cena, Cesaro vs. Owens and Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar. I'm glad the Prime Time Players had a WWE Tag Titles reign as they shouldn't have been split up to begin with but I'm happy the New Day are Tag Champions once again. Team crack me up.

Rollins vs. Cena and Undertaker vs. Lesnar had shit finishes but I can't hold that against the wrestlers efforts. Rollins put on a great performance, he's athletic and I looked forward to Undertaker vs. Lesnar with the bouts they've had before, wasn't disappointed. I'd have it second only to the Hell in a Cell blinder they had at No Mercy 2002. The dual laughing moment was brilliant.

SS15_Photo_331-934986950.jpg

You can see on Charles Robinson's face thinking the finish sucked.

If the finish had gone like Brock puts on the Kimura, Undertaker stacks him to get a 2 count, Brock raises the shoulder and 'Taker uses the balance shift to make the ropes, Brock goes to pick Undertaker up and 'Taker gets Hell's Gate out of nowhere, Brock stays in the hold a while, then the ref stops the match because Brock is out cold - only as soon as he releases the hold Brock jumps up and says he's fine and was never out cold or anything, THAT would look like a realistic blown finish. Although with WWE not having the 'Ref's decision is final' thing, people would be expecting a 'This match will continue', not a 'Tune into RAW tomorrow night, we're outta time' as the next announcement.

Having a tap the ref missed makes no sense, because why would Brock release the hold? Why wouldn't he just tell the ref that Taker was tapping? Why not just keep it locked and break Taker's arm?

I think Brock is meant to have released the hold because the bell rang and he thought he'd won, even though he could clearly see the ref didn't call for it and Lesnar of all people is gonna crank a submission until the referee physically drags him off

imo if a finish requires this many elements to have an explanation it is... not a good finish

I just watched the '97 Rumble, and they did SUCH a better job of getting over Austin cheating via ref fuck-up so that it was easy to understand compared to this show with the Undertaker/Lesnar ref fuck-up. Like, man, is this the same company?