DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

So something I was thinking about watching some 99 ECW. How much do you dread watching shows from that era(from ECW and WWF specifically), knowing that the endless walk through the crowd is coming at some point?

So something I was thinking about watching some 99 ECW. How much do you dread watching shows from that era(from ECW and WWF specifically), knowing that the endless walk through the crowd is coming at some point?

Depends. Is one of them Jeff Jarrett? Because he's probably my least favorite crowd brawler ever.

Balls and Spike had some pretty good ones with the Dudleys. But then you have the crowd segment during Douglas vs Taz at Guilty As Charged, which seemed to drag on forever.

LOL that was actually match that drove me over the edge.

3 - Memphis music videos, particularly anything with the Fabulous Ones.  If we aren't supposed to think the Fabs were a gay couple, then I have no idea what the hell they were going for.

They were double teaming ladies in night clubs. 

• Like 1

So does Ryback's injury mean that we get the pleasure of an oh so awesome Big Show-Miz match for the vacant IC title?

I predict they will plug Dean Ambrose into the match and make it to determine the top contender for the IC title.

I doubt it. I think Cena is maybe the 2nd most loyal WWE employee behind Vince McMahon. I don't think he'll leave until there is someone who can take his place to keep things like house shows & merchandise sales from falling off when he's gone.

I know it's a long shot, but I wonder if WWE developing a working relationship with New Japan has anything to do with their need to sell 100,000+ Wrestlemania tickets? NJPW guys working an interpromotioal match would be kinda cool...

I know it's a long shot, but I wonder if WWE developing a working relationship with New Japan has anything to do with their need to sell 100,000+ Wrestlemania tickets? NJPW guys working an interpromotioal match would be kinda cool...

If anything, it would be to get a bigger foothold in Japan.  NJPW at Wrestlemania wouldn't really mean that many more ticket sales.  It's not like those ROH NJPW shows drew that significant amount of people.