DVDVR Message Board

BOLA 2015

That line up is insane.

Makes me wish Super Dragon had stayed healthy a few more years to see him against some of these names. Just the idea of him vs Drago, Tommy End or even as a Lucha Underground character seems awesome.

Definitely looking forward to this.

That line up is insane.

Makes me wish Super Dragon had stayed healthy a few more years to see him against some of these names. Just the idea of him vs Drago, Tommy End or even as a Lucha Underground character seems awesome.

Well speaking of Super Dragon   :)

Young Bucks b Trevor Lee & Andrew Everett to win the PWG tag titles due to interference from Roderick Strong.  The Bucks & Strong laid out a ton of people and the show ended with the lights out and Super Dragon making a heel turn forming Mount Rushmore 2.0 with Dragon, Strong and The Young Bucks with new T-shirts.

Oh and apparently this actually happened as well

https://instagram.com/p/4bHIAcLpRT/?taken-by=sofiavergara

:blink:

• Like 2

Pentagon, Jr. alone guarantees I'll be watching this.  That is an insane tournament, it's got a weird mix of LU/AAA, UK, and PWG guys all in one show.  Holy fuck that's amazing and worth every penny.  If there was ever a time to just put this on On Demand the next day this is it, the wait for the DVD will be unbearable.

Honest question. How do Indy feds like PWG turn a profit when they run supercards like this? The building in Reseda only seats about 700, right? 700 x $25 a ticket = $17,500.

The trans cost alone for the guys in the UK and Mexico has to be almost $10,000. That doesn't include wrestler pay days, trans for everyone else, venue rental, insurance, etc.

I'm guessing the answer is DVD sales, but they must need to sell a lot of DVDs.

EDIT: I had completely forgotten that the tourney is a multi-night event. The possibility for profit makes a little more sense.

What's the backstory behind the ref trying to come at everyone with a chair (and just getting broken in the process)? That crucifix brainbuster dealie (sorry, don't know the name) by Super Dragon was NASTY.

They're not charging 25, it's a lot more than that. Last I checked it was a scale starting at over 50.

Jstout, the ref has had an ongoing thing against the Bucks for awhile now. IIRC they would antagonize him, hit him with superkicks, etc and it got to s point where he got tired of it and started fighting back.

• Like 1

Ticket prices for their July show are $60 for front row, $45 for general admission.  And it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for BOLA tickets to be more than that.

Super Dragon's crucifix brainbuster is called the Psycho Driver.

also I assume that PWG is saving some money by not getting into the IPPV business or worried about video on demand or other services like that. 

They also produce basically everything in house from the website to the merch to the DVD's so I'm sure they save a ton of money by doing that themselves.

So Chris Hero is Super Dragon?

Either Super Dragon ate Chris Hero or he just got off a flight and didn't have money to check any luggage so he wore all his longsleeves on the plane

A lot of people get mad at PWG for not doing iPPV or having the show up for download the day after but if it were effecting their bottom line, don't you think they'd have changed long ago?

I think PWG is in the perfect spot. Limited seating + huge demand = they have carte blanche to charge what they want for upcoming shows.

PWG is running a successful profitable wrestling company. How many other groups can they say that these days?

• Like 1

Super Dragon's crucifix brainbuster is called the Psycho Driver.

The original Psycho Driver starts like a torture rack or the F5. This starts like a crucifx powerbomb (Razor Ramon) and then just gets hurty. It's at 6:08 or so in the video on CSC's post.