DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

I'm not sure a "shooters" vs. wrestlers thing would work because wouldn't it just end up being like the WCW Invasion?  All of the wrestlers would beat the shit out of the Ex-UFC guys.

Oh most definitely, which is why I had the caveat of someone from DVDVR operating independently of Vince, not the current creative team.  Basically, you'd have the ex-UFC guys beat guys like Orton, Show, Kane, Rowan, etc. only for Vince/Triple H have to go to the guys he called B+ players like Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose to come and save the day.  You would rely on Heyman as the mouthpiece for the UFC guys and make sure to avoid the "We're REAL fighters" shooty nonsense and you could have a solid year-long angle, culminating at WM with the Undertaker returning to quell Heyman's secret weapon: Kimbo Slice (Just kidding about the last name, but, you know, someone with mass appeal).

I'm not sure a "shooters" vs. wrestlers thing would work because wouldn't it just end up being like the WCW Invasion?  All of the wrestlers would beat the shit out of the Ex-UFC guys.

Oh most definitely, which is why I had the caveat of someone from DVDVR operating independently of Vince, not the current creative team.  Basically, you'd have the ex-UFC guys beat guys like Orton, Show, Kane, Rowan, etc. only for Vince/Triple H have to go to the guys he called B+ players like Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose to come and save the day.  You would rely on Heyman as the mouthpiece for the UFC guys and make sure to avoid the "We're REAL fighters" shooty nonsense and you could have a solid year-long angle, culminating at WM with the Undertaker returning to quell Heyman's secret weapon: Kimbo Slice (Just kidding about the last name, but, you know, someone with mass appeal).

So, Taker vs. Ronda Rousey?

This angle would be pretty ok if it had CM Punk in the middle of it all, and no one is sure who he would side with. 

category: Substitutions

WWF @ Suisun, CA - June 23, 1994 (1,000)

The Smoking Gunns defeated Tom Prichard & the Barbarian (sub. for Jimmy Del Ray)

The Barbarian, the 4th Heavenly Body.

No buys if Barbarian didn't gyrate like Jimmy Del Ray.

mpFY9.gif

category: Substitutions

WWF @ Suisun, CA - June 23, 1994 (1,000)

The Smoking Gunns defeated Tom Prichard & the Barbarian (sub. for Jimmy Del Ray)

The Barbarian, the 4th Heavenly Body.

No buys if Barbarian didn't gyrate like Jimmy Del Ray.

mpFY9.gif

Nobody gyrates like Jimmy Del Ray.

• Like 4

This is a historical question of sorts. Which Japanese or Mexican wrestler (originally from one of those places) that didn't speak English had the best career stateside? I wonder this in two ways: first, who had the best artistic output, and second, who drew the best?

I had a hard time thinking through this because the criteria leaves out the most obvious choices (Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio). I think the Great Muta might be the answer to one of these two questions, but I wanted to get an idea of what everyone else though, 

True. Maybe I should say "not presented as knowing English." My focus is on guys that couldn't connect through cutting a traditional promo in English themselves. 

Does anyone know when tickets might go on sale for Money in the Bank? Thinking of making the 6 hour trek with my buddy and his girlfriend from Bonnaroo the Saturday night before the PPV. Tickets are advertised to be on sale for a house show in Boston in late June in May, so I guess in the month or two? I can't find an official announcement or anything.

We honestly need Cena and Bryan to knock up their Bella Twin so that in 20 years we could get John Cena Jr. and Daniel Bryan Jr. in a cousin tag team. Of course, WWE would probably just break them up in like 3 months, turn Cena's kid into the Shawn Michaels of the team while Bryan's kid gets stuck as the Marty Jannetty.

It's surreal that we live in a world where John Cena and Daniel Bryan's kids may actually be related.

• Like 1

We honestly need Cena and Bryan to knock up their Bella Twin so that in 20 years we could get John Cena Jr. and Daniel Bryan Jr. in a cousin tag team. Of course, WWE would probably just break them up in like 3 months, turn Cena's kid into the Shawn Michaels of the team while Bryan's kid gets stuck as the Marty Jannetty.

It's surreal that we live in a world where John Cena and Daniel Bryan's kids may actually be related.

The angle would culminate in a shocking twist that John Jr. was actually fathered by Bryan and vice versa.

The angle would culminate in a shocking twist that John Jr. was actually fathered by Bryan and vice versa.

epGxjhN.png

• Like 5

epGxjhN.png

Ok what they don't understand here, bro, is I was fired before the payoff.  The final twist would be that i knocked both Bellas up, and the kids were gonna turn on their fadder's and form a faction called the Second Cumming.  

• Like 11