DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Snowed In 1-26-15

MGFanJay

Fucking Heyman man.  He and the blizzard may have just saved the Mania main event.  

It's like he walked into Vince's office, heard they were going to let Reigns talk and said.... "No no no no.  Fuck that.  Give me 10 minutes, and I got this."

• Like 4

Did anyone DVR the show? A couple of people Tweeted Wade Keller and said they could hear a faint audio feed giving Reigns his lines during the interview.

Not sure about Reigns specifically, but you could definitely hear audio bleed throughout the show.

We found our solution to the build.  Heyman just talks for both guys, while the two wrestlers just fucking destroy everyone in their path.

can we have Brock Lesnar and Heyman crash a Samoan family reunion on a future RAW?

Keep up.  We are already all-in on the Brock Lesnar Samoan Smashing Tour '15.

We found our solution to the build.  Heyman just talks for both guys, while the two wrestlers just fucking destroy everyone in their path.

They should let Heyman talk for everyone while they bash in each other's heads.  It really would be great.

I'd totally never miss another episode ever.

• Like 2

If they want to salvage the main event of Wrestlemania and keep it Reigns vs Lesnar, they shouldnt put Reigns in front of a live crowd until Mania. Just tape two months worth of intense faceoff promos with Heyman moderating tomorrow while everyone is stranded in Connecticut, give Reigns vs Lesnar the "Hogan vs Warrior 20 times rehearsal" treatment, and just MAYBE you dont get 70,000 people turning on this match.

Now I'm more interested in Roman Reigns than ever before, I really felt for him getting booed out of the building and I really want to see what his character is like coming out of the Rumble.  I mean the guy just had his guts explode and came back from emergency surgery, and has been working hard and busting his ass to make a comeback and not miss a beat.  And he's only playing the character they give him, the women and children like him so if he's gonna be a face let him be a stand up guy like Cena. But if they want him to be like the Rock, maybe they need to let him be himself more and not be so scripted.  This was the best way to sell this match though, with Heyman just painting the picture so beautifully.  Even if Reigns doesn't win at Mania, if he just has a great match with Brock with them just killing each other with bombs and spears and suplexes for 15 minutes it will put him over.  Anyone who gets in the ring with Brock and has a good competitive match will be a made guy.  Reigns needs to use the powerbomb more though, and maybe a suplex or two so they can trade some power moves.  And really, why can't Brock just keep the belt for another year and defend it 2 or 3 times?

Loved the Daniel Bryan interview too with him saying what we all though about the David vs Goliath chase of him vs Lesnar.  Could the Authority just keep him away from the belt for a year and have him finally get Lesnar next year?  Whatever happens, I shall be entertained.

Anyone else notice that weird little off hand comment about how the authority was planning Rusev/Cena for WM, but it is being moved up to Fastlane?

I'm starting to think we get Bryan/Cena now.

I don't know how much juice there is in that match storywise (they really did everything with it the first time around.  The lack of respect "not worthy of being slapped" paying off when Bryan slapped him during the match, Bryan getting the clean win, all that jazz.)  I know Cena never got his rematch, but without the belt that's not much of a big deal.

On the other hand, that was my MOTY, it's probably my two favorite full-time in-ring guys in the world, and I'd damn sure love to see it happen again.

They should do it like the Shawn/Razor ladder rematch at SummerSlam '95, and basically just come out and say "hey, we realized this show was going to kind of suck, so we are changing it up to put two guys together who will give you a great match and salvage the show."

They should do it like the Shawn/Razor ladder rematch at SummerSlam '95, and basically just come out and say "hey, we realized this show was going to kind of suck, so we are changing it up to put two guys together who will give you a great match and salvage the show."

The Rollins/Bryan match idea on the Rumble thread fits that comparison.

I'm watching Sirens. Slight contrast between Raw and Sirens

I didn't watch this when I saw it was going to be a clip show but am now wishing I had.  Was there anything in Reigns' segments that might of planted the seeds for a heel turn?

depends on how you read it. The questioning hit some topics that are shoot-criticisms of Reigns (experience, being groomed). If any planting went on, it's not blatant, or as blatant as some want

I didn't watch this when I saw it was going to be a clip show but am now wishing I had.  Was there anything in Reigns' segments that might of planted the seeds for a heel turn?

Not really.  The sitdown with him was mostly okay, except for the "channel Cena's love me or hate me schtick" part, but nothing you'd go out of your way to see.

But the Heyman/Brock/Reigns interview was fucking great from all three guys.

I admit, the replaying of the Rumble, but now with commercial breaks, threatened to break me.  But I'm so glad I stuck it out to see the end.

And, hey, that triple threat last night?  So far it's aging very well.  Jesus fuck it was amazing.

Not really.  The sitdown with him was mostly okay, except for the "channel Cena's love me or hate me schtick" part, but nothing you'd go out of your way to see.

But the Heyman/Brock/Reigns interview was fucking great from all three guys.

I think what they're going for is acknowledging that people are doubting he's "ready" to be in the main event in both in real-life and storyline wise and that Reigns has to prove that he is. Pretty much chapter one in the book of John Cena "overcoming the odds".