DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

But when is the last time Rey did any like fancy lucha stuff? He does that 619 spot and the things were he falls in a seated position and a frog splash sometimes. Why would anyone be interested in putting him with in a luchador spot? idk

The last couple years WWE has wanted to do two masked guys against each other at Mania so they could sell replica masks and attempt to break the record for most lucha masks worn in one place. Not sure if that is still of interest to them but I could see that match happening.

I don't think Lesnar will be in the WWE post Rumble. Look at him on Monday night. He looked like "it doesn't matter how much they are paying me...I'm done with this shit" especially at the end of the show when they had him stand in the corner of the stage for no real reason.

Cena wins at the Rumble and then Rollins does the cash in leading Rollins as WWE Champion. Vince is probably dead set on strapping a rocket to Reigns and forcing him down everyone this year. Before Bryan said he was coming back my honest alternative pick to Reigns would have been Ziggler.

I can see the rumble coming down to Reigns/Ziggler/Bryan now (assuming they don't do some bs next week removing Bryan from the Rumble just to screw with us). Ambrose should be in the mix but they really screwed him over the last couple of months. If he wins the ambulance match on Monday Night I'll see that as a sign of hope that he could be the forth guy in the final four of the Rumble. But rumors are if they do Bray/Taker they don't want Bray losing anything so Ambrose would be once again screwed.

I think there are three things that they are clearly building towards right now. One, with Brock and Heyman siding with the Authority, we are going to get the same build as we did last year with Bryan, but against Lesnar. 

Rollins has talked so much trash about Sting that I think he is the only logical choice. Maybe we get a tag match, with Rollins and someone vs Orton and Sting? Hopefully Orton would turn out of habit. 

I think Reigns is getting the annual "hoist Big Show up for your Wrestlemania moment" match that they give to guys that they want to main event the next year. 

I think Reigns is getting the annual "hoist Big Show up for your Wrestlemania moment" match that they give to guys that they want to main event the next year.

Somewhere Cesaro weeps cuddled on the remnants of his Andre the Giant trophy.

My prediction for 'Mania is that Fat Michael (Angry Grandpa vlogger) will get pissed and break some blu-ray cases while his girlfriend laughs her ass off at him AS SHE SHOULD.

Okay here's a question. How in the fuck does Lesnar beat Cena at the Royal Rumble?  That's the only thing that has me going "hmm maybe Lesnar won't be champion at Mania"  because

1. Cena hasn't gotten his win back

2. Cena needs to be protected during Mania season

3. Cena hasn't gotten his win back

4. Lesnar is probably done and Cena will need his win back over a guy going to UFC

5. Vince hasn't cared about making money in years.

Lesnar goes over Cena and proceeds on to Bryan or (God help me) Reigns.  Cena wonders if he's as capable as Lesnar and so he tries to do what only Lesnar did: beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.  This has numerous advantages:

1) Lesnar doesn't have to lose his heat before Wrestlemania by dropping the belt to Cena.

2) Provides a pretty safe match for Undertaker with the best main-event-style-match worker in the company if he wants one more go at Wrestlemania.

3) Gives people the Undertaker vs Cena match everyone had been asking about for ages now.

4) Keeps us away from the horrendous bullshit of Rusev vs Cena, a match that does nothing for either guy.

5) Frees up Lesnar to give the rub to someone that needs it.

6) Is actually a compelling story for Cena to tell (which of course they'll ruin as they did Rock vs Cena 1, Bret vs Vince, Lesnar-post-WM30 vs anyone, etc.)

This depends on whether Undertaker wants to come back, of course.  But if he does, Taker vs Cena is a massive match and a way better use of both of them than sticking Cena with Rusev and Taker with God knows who (unless it's Wyatt, which would actually be a nice transition from old-Taker to new-Taker).

I really hope that they'll avoid lots of old men spectacles and just do the big tag: Cena/Taker/Sting vs HHH/Kane/Show could actually be really great - maybe even throw in a 'man who eats the pinfall retires' stip (if Kane is done lol). Throw in a special guest ref (Batista if he can do it, Flair, Austin, whoever) and you've got a great semi-main that can go 30 minutes and let the rest of the card breathe. 

My prediction for 'Mania is that Fat Michael (Angry Grandpa vlogger) will get pissed and break some blu-ray cases while his girlfriend laughs her ass off at him AS SHE SHOULD.

How that guy even has a girlfriend is a mystery to me.

• Like 2

To be fair to Joe though, he turned down a WWE offer for TNA. I still wonder how WWE would've used him. He came in with Punk so he probably would've gotten into the new ECW and worked as a Tazz like gimmick.

The story always was that Umaga was supposed to be Joe.  I believe that's been disproven though.  

Regardless, Cena and Joe could have had some murderous matches and Orton reversing a musclebuster into an RKO would have been the spot of the decade. 

Oh well.  

I'm thinking Wrestlemania Moments.

-- John Cena © v. Daniel Bryan 

Bryan wins clean!  With Seth Rollins cash-in *attempt* may or may not be successful.

--- Undertaker v. Brock Lesnar - Career v. Career

Brock taps to Hell's Gate in a brutal match. Taker gets stretchered out and "dies" and his soul ascends to immortality like when Yoko beat him in that coffin match.

--- Reigns v. Rusev

Reigns wins his first title and gives Rusev his first loss.

--- Andre the Giant Battle Royal

Bray Wyatt wins when the Wyatt Family reforms.

--- Ambrose v. Rollins in a falls count anywhere

Ambrose finally gets his revenge!

--- Usos © v. Ascension v. Kidd and Cesaro v. Show and Henry

Cesaro giant swing on Show and Henry!

--- Dolph Ziggler ©  v. Randy Orton

Ziggler gets his biggest win ever.

--- Sting v. HHH

30 second squash for Sting.

Some Diva match.

Bryan vs Lesnar, David-and-Goliath match for WWE title.

Cena vs Rollins, Rollins tried to cash in again during the RR title match.

HHH/Kane/Show vs Reigns/Orton/Sting, we've gotta use 'em all, let's get them all into one match.

Rusev/Ziggler/Barrett/Cesaro IC/US unification title match.

Miz vs Mizdow

Wyatt/Ambrose vs Usos, so here me out here. Wyatt and Ambrose both need to be saved (in a non-kayfabe sense.) Wyatt wants Ambrose as a follower, and wins at match at Elimination Chamber to make Dean his new follower. Dean says "...ok" and becomes the worst follower ever. They become the new Team Hell No, complete with trust issues and wacky hijinks.

Zayn/Owens for the NXT Championship. Because NXT is awesome and lets put it on Mania.

2nd Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal for people without real angles.

Something with Divas

Wyatt/Ambrose vs Usos, so here me out here. Wyatt and Ambrose both need to be saved (in a non-kayfabe sense.) Wyatt wants Ambrose as a follower, and wins at match at Elimination Chamber to make Dean his new follower. Dean says "...ok" and becomes the worst follower ever. They become the new Team Hell No, complete with trust issues and wacky hijinks.

THIS.

I had a random thought today. The best way to turn Mizdow face and to preserve his act without leaving it to flounder is to have him do his thing on a new guy. As in, someone grows tired of Miz taking advantage of poor Damien, and when he interjects, Mizdow starts acting like them. And, IMO, the perfect fit for that is Ryback, who looks like he's in nothing to do land. Have Ryback/Miz with Sandow involvement at EC, and Rydow/Miz at Mania. Then progress them as a tag team which protects both of them.

Your fantasy booking bullshit of the day.

Once again, Wade Barrett proves his makes everything better. When he got asked about winning the Rumble he said:

"That means getting into the ring with Brock Lesnar. That's quite terrifying."

Seriously, a midcard heel is doing a better job putting over the dominant heel champion as a serious threat than either the top face or the announcers.  That's just wonderful.

Once again, Wade Barrett proves his makes everything better. When he got asked about winning the Rumble he said:

"That means getting into the ring with Brock Lesnar. That's quite terrifying."

Seriously, a midcard heel is doing a better job putting over the dominant heel champion as a serious threat than either the top face or the announcers.  That's just wonderful.

Didn't Barrett just turn face on Monday night? 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why anyone would want to see Brock/Taker 2. Their match last year sucked, but was bailed out by an all-time great finish. There is no such bail-out on the table this year, and Taker is breaking down exponentially each year now. I honestly would be ok with not seeing Taker wrestle again.

• Like 2

It's funny, when I watched Taker/Brock a second and third time, I liked it a lot more.

It's so completely different than everything else he's done the last several years, but it's a fun little destruction of the legend.

The double leg outside the ring is scary brutal though.