DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Great night of basketball that NOBODY could watch. Why does the NBA hate us?  Where is the flex scheduling? 

Warriors vs. Hawks and Westbrook vs. Davis and two people saw it.

The networks would rather keep pretending that people actually want to watch the Clippers.

They flexed in Raptors-Clippers back when Toronto was leading the East.  I'm pretty sure the originally scheduled game was Knicks-Nets.

"So why couldn't they change it again" - don't know.

I remember a few pages ago Gregg was going on about how the Warriors were gonna beat the Hawks and that Atlanta wasn't as good as their record suggests. How's that working out for you?

When did I say that? I love ATL. If I said it, I was clearly wrong. But ATL's such an awesome team to watch.

To be fair to Gregg, it was probably when ATL had the win streak going, and I think basically everyone was saying that the first likely loss was Golden State. I don't think people were throwing shade as much as saying "a 20 game win streak is going to be hard to keep going against a team that is also 40-9". 

Mavs get their best win of the season so far.  Big come from behind effort against Portland.  I was worried that Dame would torch us without Rondo, but Harris did as well as could be expected.  Got me feeling good like Billy Bob Thorton.

As awesome as AD is... Brooks has got to go. OKC ran literally no plays beyond "Russ or KD runs a curl and someone kinda sets a pick for them." And even that was pretty much only done once or twice. Those two are so good and are completely wasted.

They ran a graphic last night of the 5 youngest teams in the NBA during the Sixers and Celtics game. Thunder were number 5. A fraction below Boston. Sure most coaches would walk from their current job to take that one if they could. Don't trust the decision makers though. I wouldn't be surprised to wake up one day and read "Thunder extend Perkins."

The dream of seeing George Karl running the Thunder offense dies as he's in talks with the Kings. Rudy Gay be getting those empty points! And Boogie's people are already starting shit, lol.

Also, that Davis crash 'n burn was brutal. X-rays came back negative but they won't know the full extent until tomorrow. Hopefully, he's okay because I want New Orleans to sneak in that 8th spot.

Replacing Brooks might not have instant results. Those guys have been used to playing that way for so long now. It'd be hard to get them to change.

Look at the Clippers. We were all bashing Vinny for being a shit coach, they replaced him with Doc and they're essentially the same team.

But look at Golden State this year. Mark Jackson's offense was awful. Great defensive coach but he ran so many iso sets like the late 90s/early 00s garbage. And he did this with a team that has an incredible amount of passing talent. (Curry, Iguodala, Bogut and Draymond for starters.)

Getting ANY sort of ball movement from OKC would be wonderful. Russ is one of the sickest athletes in NBA history. How many times has he scored with something coming off-the-ball? Or in the post? Or how many times has KD caught something off of a kick-out to him or whatever? He's a 6'11" dude who is the best scorer in the league an an incredible jump shooter. Look at how many easy looks Dirk gets compared to KD. Dirk's an incredible player but KD's the same archetype but more talented.

And let's not even get into "Kendrick Perkins, key rotation player five years past his prime."

• Like 1

Rough times for the Clippers.  Blake's injury might be coinciding with the toughest part of their schedule.  Blown out by the Cavs on Thursday.  Blown out by the Raptors on Friday.  They're getting blown out by the Thunder today.  All road games. 

Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio are next too.  The West is about to get tighter.

How the hell do you score 103 pts and still lose by 24?

Between Blake Griffin's injury, Chris Paul's shit with the refs(it's not just the shit with the female ref), and Austin Rivers, the Clippers have more red flags than a chick with a pet bird she talks to like a person.  I'd rather watch OKC or New Orleans than these assholes, and I wouldn't be surprised if they fell apart down the stretch.  They play like a team that hates each other, and it is clear that the refs hate them.  They also seem to be completely and totally unable to deal with any type of adversity, they may be in trouble.