DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

At least this year the media quit pretending like the Clips were actually contenders.  Wouldn't be shocked to see them slide out of the playoffs, honestly.  I'd love if the Pelicans slide into the 8th seed just like I slide into those DMs.

How the hell do you score 103 pts and still lose by 24?

Between Blake Griffin's injury, Chris Paul's shit with the refs(it's not just the shit with the female ref), and Austin Rivers, the Clippers have more red flags than a chick with a pet bird she talks to like a person.  I'd rather watch OKC or New Orleans than these assholes, and I wouldn't be surprised if they fell apart down the stretch.  They play like a team that hates each other, and it is clear that the refs hate them.  They also seem to be completely and totally unable to deal with any type of adversity, they may be in trouble. 

According to Simmon's latest podcast with Lowe, the rest of the NBA hates them as well. . . 

Um yeah 3 more quarters of this please. I appreciate the Warriors playing Bogut and not treating it like an off night.

Well not quite. Allowing only 89 points to Golden State while committing 27 turnovers is impressive though. Well partly impressive. Moral victory for the defense.

Edited by Cole Miner

I was at Sixers/GSW tonight. It was such a weird game in person.

The KJ McDaniel's off-the-backboard dunk was insane. The crowd's reaction was great -- just a "Wait, what???" puzzled reaction.

The whole game on both sides was really sloppy. If Curry and Klay shot like they usually do, it would have been a 30-point game. Some credit goes to the Sixers who are a good defensive team right now with a never ending resource of 6'9" guys who switch non-stop. They know how to play defense. The Hawks, Cavs and GSW were mostly healthy and all three looked not-so-good against the Sixers. That's somewhat of a pattern.

I don't think Tim Frazier is long for this roster. He is SO afraid to shoot. One of his teammates was yelling at him about this, it looked like. 

• Like 1

New Embiid video with a slight increase in missed shots. If not for the addition of Covington he would already be the best shooter on the team. Not that that is saying a whole lot. I don't think he was lying when he said he wants in the 3 point contest next year.

The Hawks traded Adrien Payne to the 'Wolves for a future first round pick.  And since they played in Minny last night they just left him there:

The Hawks were in town last night. So Payne just stayed here. Was walking around downtown today.
  • Like 2

Tony Snell is playing great basketball this last week or so.  If Jimmy misses any time I expect him to play about 45 minutes a game over that stretch.

It's sort of makes me hate Thibs even more though.  We all knew this kid was at the very least capable of spacing the floor, but Thibs was leaning on Hinrich earlier in the year and keeping Snell in the doghouse.  Now it's McDermott.  No clue why Thibs didn't give Doug some rotation minutes when Dunleavy was out.

I would like to think he could crack the rotation with Jimmy on the shelf, but it's more likely that Hinrich will take the floor in a walking boot.  After all, Kirk has to hold off Willie Green and Elijah Millsap to make sure he doesn't finish in the bottom 10 in PER.  He better hurry back, because Elijiah Millsap is getting Kirk Hinrich type minutes at the moment.

Well part of the time Dunleavy was out, Dirty Doug was also injured so that's part of the other reason why he didn't get much time. Barring injuries you've got to earn minutes with Thibs, and that comes from practices - so I imagine that's where McDermmot's problem is. The players have talked a lot about weak practice performances.

Snell got minutes earlier this season and was tepid and made some stupid fucking plays. So back to the bench. Dunleavy got injured McDermott got healthy and all of a sudden Tony Snell is like "I'VE GOT TO BE AWESOME NOW." That works for me. 

Some goofballs are making it sound like Thibs not playing McDermott is him taking a shot at the front office. This is madness. He's played so many more players this season than in seasons past. If McDermott wants on the floor he's gotta be all in on defense. That's how Jimmy Butler got on the floor, Taj before him, and Snell now. 

Peter Vecsey is reporting that former Knick Anthony Mason is fighting for his life due to congestive heart failure.

Fuck, that guy was my hero in high school and my favorite player on those great 90's Knick teams I grew up with. Hope he comes up with yet another rebound here, get well Mase!!!

• Like 4

Some of yall were harsh on the Cavs for the Mozgov and Shump/JR trades, but it's definitely help.  I knew it would help their defense, and it's done even more for them especially the Mozgov pickup.

They have to stay healthy(Kevin Love went down today) though.