DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Here's a random thought:

What if JBL had debuted in 1998 as Vince's corporate champion and feuded with Austin in 1998? 2004-2005 JBL vs. 1998 Steve Austin would've been a great feud. The back and forths would've been money.

One, the gimmick would have been a bit off, since he was going pretty political when he turned into JBL. The other problem is that you wouldn't get 1998 Steve Austin vs 2004 JBL. You'd get 1998 Steve Austin vs 1998 Bradshaw with 2004 JBL's gimmick. Bradshaw wasn't bad, but he matured a lot in-ring between then and 2004.

I liked how on the Goldberg ep of Monday Night Wars, they said WCW never created stars while showing archive footage of Sting and Luger with Big Show as a talking head.

The thing that kills me is they do not even acknowledge WCW existing prior to Hogan/Nitro. Or give them credit for having a better in ring product. Which at this point hurts WWE, since they are WCW.

Here's a random thought:

What if JBL had debuted in 1998 as Vince's corporate champion and feuded with Austin in 1998? 2004-2005 JBL vs. 1998 Steve Austin would've been a great feud. The back and forths would've been money. 

The only reason he got the initial push is because there was a gaping hole for a main event heel. There was no such hole in 1998.

I used to be on the 411 boars back then and no one bought JBL for the first six months of that run but they insisted in forcing him down our throats and it got him over by sheer force eventually

Daniel Bryan is going to be the in the Giants World Series parade. So screw you Mariners and Diamondbacks. We're claiming him.

Bryan is claimed by the entire pacific-Northwest. I mean, just look at him!

Here's a random thought:

The only reason he got the initial push is because there was a gaping hole for a main event heel. There was no such hole in 1998.

I used to be on the 411 boars back then and no one bought JBL for the first six months of that run but they insisted in forcing him down our throats and it got him over by sheer force eventually

yeah i resented Bradshaw as a world champion and main eventer.

maybe it's because we never got SmackDown! during this time, but i still don't give him any credit for that run.  to me he will always be Bradshaw, half of the "New Blackjacks", the lesser half of the Acolytes, and a guy who put longhorns on the Hardcore Title and wasn't anything better than mediocre in this great sport.

where's the 'controversial opinions' thread when i need it?

so anyway, the Network is coming to the UK on Monday but it doesn't list PS3 as a viewing option... meaning I can't sign up.

http://www.wwe.com/wwenetwork/available-in-uk-nov-3

Buy a Roku you cheapskate. That plus 9.99 will get you more of the BlueBloods than you'd ever want.

Roku is a garbage piece of technology, don't buy that piece of shit.

20 bucks that on this Monday's episode of RAW there wont be a single mention of Daniel Bryan being part of the Giants celebration and that the production staff is pissed that the video package of John Cena inspiring the Royals to victory they put together will never see the light of day.

Guess you are one of those people who skips the Bellas segments.

World Champ JBL was awesome.

size0-army.mil-26712-2008-12-09-101243.j

I was starting to think I was the only one who actually liked WWE Champion JBL. One of the most underrated heels of the time. If JBL had been pushed more slowly and given the US Title before suddenly being thrust into the main event, it might've gone over better.

And I would obviously want 2004-2005 JBL (through some kind of time warp) against 1998 Austin. I don't even think that the 2004-2005 JBL gimmick would've been off in 1998. The damn gimmick was partially a rip off of JR Ewing, which predated 1998 by almost 2 decades.

• Like 1

I didn't like him cuz I thought Eddie should've a long reign an 11 month reign if you weel. So I hated JBL, but I was also 14/15 and Eddie was Eddie so of course I was a big fan. Looking back JBL had some good matches as champ at the time I thought he was in insufferable but Raw wasnt all the better in the summer of 05.