DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 3/6 - 3/12/2024 - The Last Great American Dynasty

Revolutions lead to Dynasties. 

Spoiler

I do hope Pamela Sue Martin defeats that evil Joan Collins! 

Well, as expected, the AEW Tag Titles are now vacant.  So Tony gets to do what he loves most in the whole wide world....

A TOURNAMENT!!!!  

Let's see how it goes and if the new tag champions will form their own Dynasty! 

• Like 1

I wanna see Brody/Malakai get a run with the straps. Seems like the perfect monster heel team for the rest of the division to bounce off.

Feels like it should be pretty easy to get 16 teams in for a serious tourney. HOB, FTR, BCC, Top Flight, Bucks, Kingdom, Best Friends, Patriarchy, Callis Family, Planet Jarrett, Hardys, Private Party, 2.0, LFI, Mogul Embassy, Abrahantes Family. That's 16 of just people on TV most weeks. You dig into the jobber ranks, throw some randos together, and snatch some established teams from Impact/NJ/CMLL and you could probably do 32.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

I wanna see Brody/Malakai get a run with the straps. Seems like the perfect monster heel team for the rest of the division to bounce off.

Feels like it should be pretty easy to get 16 teams in for a serious tourney. HOB, FTR, BCC, Top Flight, Bucks, Kingdom, Best Friends, Patriarchy, Callis Family, Planet Jarrett, Hardys, Private Party, 2.0, LFI, Mogul Embassy, Abrahantes Family. That's 16 of just people on TV most weeks. You dig into the jobber ranks, throw some randos together, and snatch some established teams from Impact/NJ/CMLL and you could probably do 32.

32?! Don't give them any ideas!

Thinking about names for the tag title tourney, and chatting a bit about PnP yesterday has me reminiscing about the early days this morning: where the hell is Scorpio Sky? I cannot remember seeing him since he returned from injury on Collision during the Punk era with the cool snapping/lights out thing.

Edit: I forgot to mention, another impetus for this thought was @Go2Sleep mentioning people on excursion from TNA and NJPW - I thought it might be a cool idea to borrow Kazarian (if willing) for a mini-SCU reunion, with them cutting a promo about not having a tourney without the inaugural champs

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Revolutions lead to Dynasties. 

Reveal hidden contents

I do hope Pamela Sue Martin defeats that evil Joan Collins! 

Well, as expected, the AEW Tag Titles are now vacant.  So Tony gets to do what he loves most in the whole wide world....

A TOURNAMENT!!!!  

Let's see how it goes and if the new tag champions will form their own Dynasty! 

LOOOOL

When I first heard the next PPV would be called "Dynasty," I hoped there'd be a stipulation match where the winner had to throw the user down an ornate staircase.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Thinking about names for the tag title tourney, and chatting a bit about PnP yesterday has me reminiscing about the early days this morning: where the hell is Scorpio Sky? I cannot remember seeing him since he returned from injury on Collision during the Punk era with the cool snapping/lights out thing.

He was on ROH TV supporting Ethan Page who's on a quest to win the TV title though I haven't seen him the past couple weeks.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

As I recall Scorp got injured again right after his comeback.

Really? That's gotta suck! He's giving Punk a run for his money as far as frequent injuries go!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

He was on ROH TV supporting Ethan Page who's on a quest to win the TV title though I haven't seen him the past couple weeks.

Ah, man, I should've known! That's kind cool to play off their history, though. If Scorp heals up I wouldn't hate a mini-Men of the Year reunion (sans MMA bullshit)

• Like 1

Would they do Black/King or do King/Buddy instead? Because I think before Black comes out to the ring, they have to remove him from a box filled with foam peanuts and spin him around until the bubble wrap comes loose. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Would they do Black/King or do King/Buddy instead? Because I think before Black comes out to the ring, they have to remove him from a box filled with foam peanuts and spin him around until the bubble wrap comes loose. 

I still can't ever tell when Black is hurt, or when it's just not his turn to be on TV. He exists in that weird realm with Miro where one minute they're like "Observe this, brother!" and the next it's "Oh, actually, I've been hurt for like six months. Forget that one match, though. And that other one."

If his back really is that bad, then he should be the mouthpiece for Brody/Matthews* for six months while he heals up and they get a legit tag push (it'd great timing w this tourney!). Plenty of shit for him to do with Julia/Skye if they wanted, too.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
I said Murphy by mistake, 205 on the brain today I guess
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kang said:

For the FTW Championship, Hook (c) vs Brian Cage, is also set for tonight.

And special announcement from EVP's The Young Bucks.

TEAM TAZ EXPLODES! I'm actually psyched for this - kinda sucks Hobbs is wrapped up with Callis and Starks just dropped the titles with Bill, it would be fun to play off of that stuff. I mentioned earlier but I'm on a real 'year one' kick today for whatever reason

If AEW had a "sixth man" type award I honestly might make a case for Brian Cage ever since he's been aligned with Nana, Swerve and GOA. Post aborted face turn he's really been a really good bench player

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I still can't ever tell when Black is hurt, or when it's just not his turn to be on TV. He exists in that weird realm with Miro where one minute they're like "Observe this, brother!" and the next it's "Oh, actually, I've been hurt for like six months. Forget that one match, though. And that other one."

If his back really is that bad, then he should be the mouthpiece for Brody/Matthews* for six months while he heals up and they get a legit tag push (it'd great timing w this tourney!). Plenty of shit for him to do with Julia/Skye if they wanted, too.

Can we all band together and WILL TK and this promotion to start either announcing injuries or write guys off TV when injuries or any other reasons keep them off TV. The disappearing act without mention is the absolute Worst element of AEW. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus