DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 9/13 - 9/19/2023 - Haaalf in the baaaag

Craig H

I didn't see the show but always happy to see a Red Letter Media reference. I enjoy babyface MJF from what I've seen but I'd be more than okay with Joe beating him and getting a little run. Samoa Joe is so great at everything and I just want him to thrive before any injuries creep up. 

• Like 3

On 9/14/2023 at 3:13 AM, ExcellenceofAirPollution said:

I feel bad that I'm too stoned to post more.  this was a really good show and everyone worked hard.  they deserve better than this shitty post.   I liked all of the matches.  I'm gonna drink a beer and smoke some more pot.  AEW Rules the motherfucker world.  RIP Dean.  Bye for now.

This is entirely gimmick infringement, sir.  Carry on.

😉

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, JLowe said:

One thing I forgot is when Hangman did the 619 (what is it actually called, a tiger fang kick?) and then looked at the camera laughing and said something like "Never done THAT move before"

Tiger Feint Kick, as the spin in the ropes thing started as Tiger Mask faking/aborting a dive.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I liked it better when Excalibur called it the "818" (Reseda) or maybe the area code of whoever was doing the move at the time.

I believe during commentary they settled on just calling it the "area code"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I liked it better when Excalibur called it the "818" (Reseda) or maybe the area code of whoever was doing the move at the time.

The only person who does a move called 818 should be Brody King and it should immediately be followed up by a huge brawl /GodsHate

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

"You ball up your fist, you hit 'em in the weiner, then you give 'em a piledriver!" - Maria Kanellis' Husband 

"He's not wrong." - Schoolchildren this week on playgrounds throughout America.

• Haha 7

The opening match was such a fucking mess that I was ready to just give up on the show but the rest was good to very good.

Not sure the Kingdom-Daniels/Sydal match deserved a “This is awesome” chant but it was solid and Bennett could break out as a singles guy. Having them stooge for Strong is giving them a push but also making them look like simps.

Got Acclaimed vs Outrunners plus Peter Avalon and while I wish it was a 10 minute regular tag match it wasn’t a total squash. Post match didn’t really work but I’m also behind.

Aussie Open squash. Ok.

Main was definitely Jade’s best match and there is a part of me wondering what would happen if she had a chance to stay and grow and learn to sell and tell a story in a ring. Dear god, if they have Stat lose to Britt though...

Pretty fun Rampage overall:

• 8-man had some interacting pairings. All the people outside. Jarrett/Lethal working with Butcher/Blade, Hardys working with Lucha Bros. There was some fun stuff early with Penta and Jarrett and Matt is a perfectly fine FIP in 2023. He knows how to garner sympathy and work from underneath. Whenever he's not trying to keep up with Sammy or something, all is well. The stuff with Abrahantes was a little goofy but at least he got ragdolled.
  • Kingdom vs Sydal/Daniels was solid stuff. I got a kick out of the Kingdom talking about neck health before hitting neckbreakers and what not. Pretty funny. Pretty vocal match overall with Sydal responding to whatever Taven was saying. Finish was abrupt but you need that sort of thing sometimes. Fans really wanted to chant that something was awesome, I guess?
  • Not much to say about the two squashes except for that Avalon and the Outriders made the most out of Billy Gunn's leg and Bowens looked great, hitting his stuff and then basking in the crowd adoration. He also played off the Dark Order well.
  • Main event was good. Back and forth, power stuff, everything measured. Jade's reactions feel much more natural now. When she was yelling at Sterling after the near miss, she was very much in the moment. Another good defense for Stat. It's a shame we never had a Jade babyface run but what are you going to do?
  • Like 3

I was trying to work out how many former TNA World Champions were in the 8 man tag, and if there were more former TNA World or Tag Team champions out there. But Butcher was the only guy in the match who never worked there.

Lots pf people at ringside. Hardys had Zay as a third man, Lucha Bros had Alex Abrahantes (he's got a Lucha Libre colouring book coming out), Butcher & Blade had Kip, Penelope and Bunny, and Jarret/ Lethal had Sonjay, Satnam and Karen. So 8 guys in the the match and 8 people at ringside.