DVDVR Message Board

All In II - 8/27/2023

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I hate to break it to about 60% of you, but the other three guys in Stadium Stampede are probably the Dark Order.

I’ll take that bet, because I don’t think it’s them.

Santana, Ortiz and Shota are my picks.

Just now, Casey said:

I’ll take that bet, because I don’t think it’s them.

Santana, Ortiz and Shota are my picks.

@peachchaos Pure conjecture based on the turn, fighting the BCC before that, the recent Fight Without Honor, the fact that BCC just got burned with their last partners, and most especially the rumor that the original Omega/Hangman/Ibushi match was against the Dark Order and the notion that they’ll want to get their pals on the card somehow. 

@CaseyI think P&P/Shota are more likely than Nigel, ZSJ, Hero, or any of the left field names being bandied about, but less likely than the Dark Order, so I’ll take you up on that. Terms?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Matt D said:

@peachchaos Pure conjecture based on the turn, fighting the BCC before that, the recent Fight Without Honor, the fact that BCC just got burned with their last partners, and most especially the rumor that the original Omega/Hangman/Ibushi match was against the Dark Order and the notion that they’ll want to get their pals on the card somehow. 

@CaseyI think P&P/Shota are more likely than Nigel, ZSJ, Hero, or any of the left field names being bandied about, but less likely than the Dark Order, so I’ll take you up on that. Terms?

I’m pretty sure the original Hung Golden Lovers match was actually against the Righteous, not the Dark Order.

Terms… maybe when you and I pair up in Secret Santo, we have to do two matches and it’s whatever the other one wants to pick (good or bad)? But what happens if it’s not the Dark Order or P&P/Shota? Or if it’s Shota and two other people?

1 minute ago, Casey said:

I’m pretty sure the original Hung Golden Lovers match was actually against the Righteous, not the Dark Order.

Terms… maybe when you and I pair up in Secret Santo, we have to do two matches and it’s whatever the other one wants to pick (good or bad)? But what happens if it’s not the Dark Order or P&P/Shota? Or if it’s Shota and two other people?

It was some combo and that’s still on the table for this if they sneak Stu in there for instance (but maybe not Dutch/Vincent). Shota and two others doesn’t count. It has to be the exact three for you or three of the four (including Stu) for me. 

Otherwise we shake hands and move on like gentlemen. 

• Like 1

Every rumored match appears to be happening. Everyone knows how I feel about the build of this event and some of the choices made but at this point I'm just going to try to enjoy the spectacle of it all.  

It's going to be interesting to see how the Stadium Stampede plays out with the live crowd.  Looking forward to that. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 7:29 PM, christopher.annino said:

I feel like AEW needs somebody who both nobody has a bad thing to say about AND is imposing as fuck to be the the guy to keep shit cool backstage. For this, I humbly nominate Mr. Brody King. 

Be harder, jerks. 

All I’m saying is that if I won a huge lottery and became a money mark, I making Brody King my top of the card monster heel.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JLowe said:

All I’m saying is that if I won a huge lottery and became a money mark, I making Brody King my top of the card monster heel.

Why settle for heel? I genuinely think Brody has mega face potential! That bark is all the way over and a few weeks back, that young kid in face paint barking with him was the most heart warming stuff.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Fighting a man with a perm said:

Why settle for heel? I genuinely think Brody has mega face potential! That bark is all the way over and a few weeks back, that young kid in face paint barking with him was the most heart warming stuff.

Start him as the heel, give him a good run, then your money angle is the slow build to his face turn culminating in the main event of the biggest show of the year. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

Start him as the heel, give him a good run, then your money angle is the slow build to his face turn culminating in the main event of the biggest show of the year. 

All of these ideas work, but I like yours best. I could see even something close to that Wardlow/MJF, Batista/HHH story dynamic working for he and Black.

That said, if Black's back is beat up to the point where he basically can only work trios matches, I don't hate the idea of turning Buddy babyface instead and having Black be the mouthpiece for monster heel Brody. Buddy's gotten a lot better at conveying 'viciousness' as of late, and kudos to him for that, but being there live for the Andrade ladder match reminded me how much flashy babyface stuff he's got in his arsenal - almost a similar thing to Seth Rollins in '15-'16ish or also PAC at times

• Like 2

Threw this together in 2 minutes, think it looks better than what they’re giving us in just about every way.

MJF vs. Adam Page - first ever world title angle they ran at the first show and it hasn’t been properly acknowledged or paid off. Do it on the biggest show of the year

CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe or Eddie Kingston. Samoa Joe match would be good if they didn’t give it away a few weeks ago as a nothing match and they really emphasized the magnitude of it. Eddie/Punk was the best Punk feud/match I’ve seen in AEW yet and it had zero follow up and could use a bigger stage. Up the stakes, let fans want to see the ultimate upset, and Punk would be even more hated to beat Kingston again here.

Will Ospreay vs. Darby Allin. My two favorite wrestlers right now. Just let them go crazy and highlight the next generation.

Orange Cassidy vs. Trent Berretta. Friendly competition match, maybe start pushing Trent towards a more serious singles run.

Omega vs. Takeshita. Ibushi doesn’t seem to be in the best ring shape, I’d say just get some traction going with this match they’re clearly trying to work towards and let this be the first of a few. 

A women’s title match involving Willow. Like her a lot and loved some of her showings in Japan but I skip 99% of the women’s stuff in AEW. I guess you gotta put Saraya there.

London Street Fight: FTR vs. Jay and Juice. Such a fucking good match just run it back 5 more times.

Young Bucks vs. AR Fox/Swerve. Match that works to everyone’s advantages, PWG tag match.

Mox/Wheeler/Claudio vs. Hook/Acclaimed. Start getting Acclaimed into a more serious feud to give them more of an edge.

Adam Cole vs. Chris Jericho 60 minute iron man match. 

• Haha 2

I feel pretty stupid for not seeing Stadium Stampede coming but OF COURSE you have to do that match in Wembley F'n Stadium.  Duh.

I like the idea of Proud & Powerful being in there if Santana is ready.  There's history there with Best Friends (first Parking Lot brawl), Lucha Bros and Kingston....makes too much sense not to happen now that I'm thinking about it. 

Sixth man should be ZSJ because he needs to be on the card and he's got the "history" with Danielson (mutual respect/technical award winning rivals, the match that was supposed to happen at FD1 and likely Wembley).  If you've been following Zack in Japan he's way more than just a technical wizard at this point, he can totally hang in a match like this

• Like 1

Meltzer:

Among other stories covered in this week's issue, Meltzer is reporting that Bryan Danielson vs. Kenny Omega was the likely plan for All In had Danielson not broken his arm at Forbidden Door 2. Danielson underwent surgery for the injury last month and is expected to return in October, or possibly a week or two earlier. 

"The story that had Bryan Danielson not been injured his most likely match at Wembley Stadium would have been a singles match with Kenny Omega has been pretty much confirmed. It was never a sure thing, but it was the working idea before the injury," Meltzer wrote.  

Danielson and Omega went to a 30-minute time limit draw at Grand Slam 2021 in their only AEW singles match thus far. The only other time they wrestled a singles match was at a PWG show in 2009 when Danielson beat Omega in just over 22 minutes. 

Natural:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Given the issue with Cash Wheeler, there is a certain person who loves to hang out with FTR that would be a perfect replacement if Cash can't get into the country.  But there are plenty of really stupid reasons why that won't happen.  

Edited by hammerva

To me, the answer is Wardlow. But to keep it a surprise until the last moment (But with Dax saying "We had to find someone who wasn't already on the card" beforehand so people don't even anticipate a little that it's Punk).

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 5