DVDVR Message Board

All In II - 8/27/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Smart booking on the women's match, protects Britt and Saraya from doing too much, gets Saraya that home town pop and shouldn't need much of a build to be a hot match. 

Hopefully Stat and Athena get a place on the card... Against each other would be even nicer... 

• Like 2

The thing that pissed me off is, for ages the only information we had was Wembley Stadium, Sunday Auguest 27th, 6pm. They never said whether that was First Bell 6pm, or Doors Open 6pm. Just 6pm.

Now all of a sudden it's "Be in your seat for 5pm!! Don't miss Zero Hour!"

Motherfucker I don't even arrive in London until after 4pm, and I've got to check into the hotal before I go to the Stadium. Would it have killed you to tell us Doors 4pm?

• Sad 3

41 minutes ago, AxB said:

The thing that pissed me off is, for ages the only information we had was Wembley Stadium, Sunday Auguest 27th, 6pm. They never said whether that was First Bell 6pm, or Doors Open 6pm. Just 6pm.

Motherfucker I don't even arrive in London until after 4pm, and I've got to check into the hotal before I go to the Stadium. Would it have killed you to tell us Doors 4pm?

I don't think you'll be the only one. Bad form, AEW. Sorry, fella xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

He's not my favorite wrestler on the roster, but I'm very happy that AR Fox has this opportunity. He always comes off as a great guy. I've heard him talk about how surreal it was just to be in a locker room with guys like Mox and Jericho and now he's featured on the biggest show ever against Sting. 

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, AxB said:

That’s super annoying. Obviously people who bought tickets have started making plans. Hope you and everyone else has a great time though. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2023 at 10:07 PM, elizium said:

If we're going that route, at least book the Billington Bulldogs, they're actually good

so, what i'm hearing that you want is DBS Jr & Billington Bulldogs vs. House of Black?

edit: i would be more than OK with a Nick Aldis appearance. don't know if he'd be a good fit long-term, but i could go for a short run.

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 1

Cole vs. MJF was the way to go for the title.   Definitely the hottest angle in AEW.  FTR vs. Bucks feels thrown together. I'm sure it'll be a good match.  

Women's title, yeah it gets Saraya on the card but it's pretty random and honestly Toni Storm vs. Shida one on one they had a couple weeks ago could have been saved for All In. 

Still have questions on Omega, Hangman, White, Starks,  not sure why they ran Punk/Joe at a Collision 

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You think making the four-way an elimination match might make it better/more interesting? 

An elimination match is only exciting if the champion is the first elimination and my gut tells me they're not going to hot shot the title again here.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd be more than ok with DBS Jr. & Billington Bulldogs vs. House of Black. 

Having just read Dynamite &Davey I’m very curious as to if they are any good. 

I think a good pre show match would be Trent Seven/Kip/B&B v Kommander/Bandito ect

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Having just read Dynamite &Davey I’m very curious as to if they are any good. 

I think a good pre show match would be Trent Seven/Kip/B&B v Kommander/Bandito ect

The one who is a spitting image of Dynamite is really good, the taller one is pretty decent

• Like 3

On 8/9/2023 at 8:14 AM, Matt D said:

The cleanest option that pushes against the rumors is just to do Omega/Page/Ibushi vs Takeshita/Ospreay/Jericho.

So instead of going clean, WON today is rumoring that they're doing Omega/Page/Ibushi vs Takeshita/White/Juice with Takeshita vs Omega at All Out. I'm glad White and Robinson get on the card, but narratively clean is way better here.

• Like 1

Originally with all the New Japan guys flying into America for the ECW Arena shows next weekend, my first thought a couple months ago was "oh cool- they'll all work Dynamite and then fly out to Wembley with the AEW crew"

Now I'm not so sure - seems like other than Ospreay/Shingo/Ishii/Finlay/Phantasmo/Shibata already being in London for RevPro the night before All In..that might be it for New Japan cooperation

MJF/Cole, FTR/Bucks and Punk/Joe are all matches worthy of this type of crowd so they really did start off on the right foot there.  Swerve/Fox vs Sting/Darby is a great addition with a good build up.

The announced matches look great, but if they really are slapping together 2 random trios matches to get everyone on the card instead of giving us OC vs. Mox or a Kenny singles match AND waisting Ospreay on Jericho that’s not great. If they are slapping together 2 random trios matches and also NOT having the HoB in either that seems a bit ridiculous.

I guess we will wait and see, but my take on it is announced matches look good and everything rumored looks bad. Need some more big singles matches.  If we are not getting OC/Mox or an Omega singles or a Jay White singles or a…. Yeah that’s a waist. Hopefully we get Andrade/Black, but Tony has been so weird about featuring any of the HoB guys I can’t imagine we get it.

Seems super weird not to have OC defending the International Title on this show I hope they at least change course on that one.

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 2

Re: Cassidy, I can see why someone would want a title match.

Re: Omega, I don't get the big deal why having a sort of trios dream match on a big supershow like this is all that different from a singles match without any real stakes. There's nothing inherently worse about a trios match. A triple three or a four way is worse. A trios match adds in new possibilities. Just Omega teaming with Ibushi and Page at the same time is interesting.

Again, I think doing them vs Takeshita/Jericho/Ospreay would have been ideal since it would have tied together a bunch of stories and could set up the Jericho vs Ospreay match at All Out if he was still available, but Jericho's probably not seeing the big picture there.

But I don't really see what the big difference between a Takeshita vs Omega match and a Takeshita vs Omega trios "dream match" is.

• Like 4

Because this show is WrestleMania caliber and should only have dream matches or whatever bullshit fans have arm-chair booked themselves into believing should happen.

My only problem with the show so far is MJF & Cole wrestling twice, but I’m willing to trust the process and ride out that story.

• Like 3

Omega vs Takeshita doesn't feel more stadium worthy than Omega/Ibushi/Page teaming up like this against Takeshita and partners. They're very comparable to me.

Now, if they did Omega vs Takeshita where if Omega wins, he gets Callis for five minutes, that's another story...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Re: Omega, I don't get the big deal why having a sort of trios dream match on a big supershow like this is all that different from a singles match without any real stakes.

[...]

But I don't really see what the big difference between a Takeshita vs Omega match and a Takeshita vs Omega trios "dream match" is.

A Takeshita vs Omega singles match would presumably be about Omega getting revenge on Takeshita (and by proxy Callis). It would in fact have emotional stakes that a trios match lacks, in my opinion.

Just now, tbarrie said:

A Takeshita vs Omega singles match would presumably be about Omega getting revenge on Takeshita (and by proxy Callis). It would in fact have emotional stakes that a trios match lacks, in my opinion.

Maybe I've just been watching a ton of trios matches with either Jumbo and Tenryu or Jumbo and Misawa up against each other or Taue and Kawada... or the entire history of Lucha trios where the captains are feuding.

Wrestling is big and varied enough to make it work. Takeshita can tease an encounter with Omega at the start of the match and immediately tag out to Juice and the place will go nuts booing. Then when they finally face off later in the match... the place will go nuts again. It's wrestling.

• Like 3