DVDVR Message Board

AEW - AUGUST 2022

The Natural

9 hours ago, twiztor said:

i think the belief/fear is always there that if you produce a women only show, it will seem like some combination of "lesser than" or "segregated". Not that it would necessarily be presented that way (i would sure hope not!) but it wouldn't be hard to see that being the way people take it. I see similar arguments made in certain MMA circles ("they should shuffle the women off to their own show so i don't have to watch it") so the mindset certainly exists.

I think this is more the mindset of fans at play. For companies its probably more a case that creating such a show takes away from the variety within their main programs like Raw, Smackdown, Dynamite, etc.. That is fine when you can book somewhat more evenly to the level HHH and co. do NXT, but when you have a sizable enough roster that the lack of showcase beyond a few people shows it then becomes a point of frustration for fans of women's wrestling. Even now I have to admit opposed to just WWE or AEW pushing their divisions I really wish there was some sort of big women's promotion in US.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Jimmy Hart says Warner owns around 100 WCW songs, almost assuredly including Saturn and Raven's themes, some theme songs/tv show themes and a lot of unused ones.

I am sure I heard Jericho's Mammoth theme watching a Nitro a couple weeks back. I could have sworn all of Jericho's themes were swapped out for the Y2J theme.

9 hours ago, Jiji said:

...this is what I'm getting at. If Khan doesn't feel the slightest bit of shame in how things are going with the women's division, then it's unlikely things will change. 

This seems to be where our thinking diverges.

My take would be that shame is not an impetus for change for the better, so much as it is toxic bullshit that keeps people stuck right where they are.

That is why this lady was not, in my opinion, one of the heroes of Game of Thrones.

giphy.gif

I'm not really interested in getting into duelling TED talks on the value of shame, though, and I doubt many people here would want to read them... So I am going to bow out of this now. Feel free to have the last word on the subject, if you'd like it. 

I think I understand better where you were coming from, but I cannot agree and therefore I stand by my eye-roll. Hopefully you also get where I was coming from now.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 1

So the discussion doesn't get stuck in this week's Dynamite thread, here is the bracket for the Trios Title Tournament

D4iOzC3.jpg

Is Omega ready to return as the Bucks partner or do they opt for Jay White or someone else? The left side is quite a bit more weighted as HOB are the only non-jobbers on the right side.

3 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

So the discussion doesn't get stuck in this week's Dynamite thread, here is the bracket for the Trios Title Tournament

D4iOzC3.jpg

Is Omega ready to return as the Bucks partner or do they opt for Jay White or someone else? The left side is quite a bit more weighted as HOB are the only non-jobbers on the right side.

My guess is they'll wind up just using Cutler with the hint that they had no other option. That way you can have Death Triangle vs Andrade & Co. in the semis (since I doubt Ospreay is available for more than a 1 shot) to continue that storyline since they likely won't want to job the Bucks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jiji said:

Jimmy Hart says Warner owns around 100 WCW songs, almost assuredly including Saturn and Raven's themes, some theme songs/tv show themes and a lot of unused ones.

Wouldn't that have transvered to WWE with the sale?

7 hours ago, DEAN said:

KREATOR~!

Josh Barrnett to AEW!

8 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

D4iOzC3.jpg

I know they are sort of running out of time for running a larger tournament, but isn't this a little bit underwhelming considering how many more plausable trios teams they actually have on the roster as of now?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That has to be the best of all the metal shirts Erick was wearing during the WWE run. (I would make some dad jokes about him having a pleasure to kill or being ready to show someone some endless pain but I'm not that corny. I swear.)

YOUR WORD ISN'T WORTH MORE THAN PUKE IN THE DUST!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Extreme Aggression is such a good album. It took me years to really get into post-Pleasure Kreator but I always liked it better than Terrible Certainty. 

Ah Kreator, Celtic Frost and Mercyful Fate... to be young again.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

My guess is they'll wind up just using Cutler with the hint that they had no other option. That way you can have Death Triangle vs Andrade & Co. in the semis (since I doubt Ospreay is available for more than a 1 shot) to continue that storyline since they likely won't want to job the Bucks.

Imagine the balls of Andrade, Rush & Dragon Lee if they refuse to take a loss to the EVPs of the company. I don't think it'll happen, and I fully expect the finals to be The Elite versus The Best Friends (or Elite/Dark Order final, with Hangman being conflicted - and doubly so, since Omega is involved with the Bucks again and he hasn't had his piece of reconciliation with Omega and all that).

I'm saying the Best Friends because it seems like TK is finally rewarding all of the OGs, what with people like Lucha Bros, Jurassic Express and PAC getting title runs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Casey said:

Imagine the balls of Andrade, Rush & Dragon Lee if they refuse to take a loss to the EVPs of the company. I don't think it'll happen, and I fully expect the finals to be The Elite versus The Best Friends (or Elite/Dark Order final, with Hangman being conflicted - and doubly so, since Omega is involved with the Bucks again and he hasn't had his piece of reconciliation with Omega and all that).

I'm saying the Best Friends because it seems like TK is finally rewarding all of the OGs, what with people like Lucha Bros, Jurassic Express and PAC getting title runs.

Statlander seemed to be on that path too, newest injury derailing that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That has to be the best of all the metal shirts Erick was wearing during the WWE run. (I would make some dad jokes about him having a pleasure to kill or being ready to show someone some endless pain but I'm not that corny. I swear.)

You mean you're not that COREY.

? ?

Aaaaaaaaaand it sounds like Kris' knee is fucked. FUCK. This is some Tegan Nox level of disappointment, except in this case, it looked like Kris was making a run at the World title.

• Sad 3