DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 6/3/2022

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I know that the concept of a "homegrown talent" in AEW is probably a waste of time to worry about anymore but I think this is what is needed for this interim title.  Unfortunately they haven't booked anyone to be put in that place.   I mean it would be nice to strap a rocket to Wardlow but not sure if he is ready for the real upper class of the division yet.    After that there is nobody else except putting it back on Adam Page.  Jungle Boy?   MJF?   Eddie Kingston should be a future world champ but not in this situation.  A goofy idea I was thinking is maybe Wheeler Yuta.  It also hurts that they already apparently booked them against Tanahashi so it has to be a high quality opponent or people will bitch about it.  

It has probably been asked on here but what is the latest status on Kenny Omega?

Nowhere close to a date set for Kenny Omega according to Dave Meltzer. 

5 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Pick one of Mox, Danielson, Miro, Darby (my vote), Wardlow

Anyone but Cole 

1. Bryan Danielson by far.

2. Eddie Kingston but I'd rather him win it another way like at AEW Grand Slam Dynamite.

3. Jon Moxley.

Darby Allin is a good shout.

God, I don't want Adam Cole.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I mentioned it in The Dynamite thread but he definitely tweaked his foot on the botched springboard. Not diving in the crowd. He started limping after the botched dive. And was fiddling with his foot and rolled up his kickpad right after the pin. The had his shoe off on his foot in that post show pic with FTR drinking the beers.

Watch the entrance again, he’s messing with his foot when FTR come out, then has a limp down the aisle. 

Heartbreaking ending to the Summer of Punk. Hate that he wont be able to headline Forbidden Door in Chicago. the worst timing.  Wild way to finally get to Moxley/Tanahashi if that's the route they go.

Glad to see Kiera get some shine in the excellent Athena showcase match. Bucks/Lucha Bros always delivers the goods.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eikerir said:

I wonder if Punk broke his foot during his Dynamite entrance when he jumped into the crowd, looked like he hit the rail and was limping right after. He just have felt like such an idiot if that was it ?

Shades of Sami Zayn fucking up his shoulder on his WWE Raw debut ☹️

Also I love somebody saying "TK please stop with these interim titles" when it's happened ONCE before. It's like people create a different reality in their head so they can be angry or annoyed at complete fucking strangers ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Shades of Sami Zayn fucking up his shoulder on his WWE Raw debut ☹️

Also I love somebody saying "TK please stop with these interim titles" when it's happened ONCE before. It's like people create a different reality in their head so they can be angry or annoyed at complete fucking strangers ?

Yeah, I hate when people do that.

Also, sure nice of the Jackson’s to remind us, once again, that they’re the only tag team in AEW that matters…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EVA said:

Scorp looked like he pulled a hammy or his groin in the main event. The men’s side is about to be all interim champs, all the time.

Can always bring out Joe, or have Yuta defend his belt.  Even call in Gresham?

What a fantastic debut for Athena! Nice shining moment for Kiera as well. Tho brief, this is the second underwhelming Stokely promo for a guy said to be 'great on the stick'. Would've prefered to hear Kiera's beautiful shittalk. Loved Jade's anxiety post-match. Loved Bucks-Luchaz. Condolences to those with no capacity for enjoyment of such a beautiful aerial assault. Punk's out, oh well. Due to the presumed abundance of overbooking/interference, I was never a booster for an MJF title run, but I find myself wondering if it's not the best route. Not a fan at all of a worked over Battle Royal winner fighting Moxley on the same night. The bye seems silly. Scorpio-Dante was good. Tho not as worth the derision of ppl getting booed and working babyface, Scorpio feels out of place as a heel. I wanna buy him as a hard ass, but he just seems far too happy-go-lucky. He also feels better suited for tag wrestling. His matches are solid enough that I won't register that as a complaint, but it feels like there are so many better choices/more interesting upward mobile characters on this roster that could benefit from a TNT title run. Dear AEW, can Ethan Page wrestle a little more?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SATURDAY REFLECTIONS:  Unlike you LITTLE PEOPLE, I'm rewatching the INTER- ahem- NATIONAL FEED.  I love that the Southern California crowd will not give full throated support for the Young Bucks and Scorpio Skye because they are heels.  The heat was fucking awesome though.  Jesus, that is a lot of big moves strung together. During the Little People's Picture in Picture,  on the BIG SCREEN, Excalibur talks about Nick Jackson's taint and Jericho mentions Jackson's crushed testicles.  I love that the toprope groinstomp is such a lesser big move that save it for the commercial break.  Matt Jackson's  Locomotion Suplex is really impressive on INTERNATIONAL FEED rewatch.  Adam Cole is good on commentary. THEY SHOULD PUT THE INTERIM BELT ON HIM!  This match is like a All Japan Women's match from 1995- just finisher after finisher.  Rey Fenix is so intense,  First the lunatic Shiryu Tope and then the Eddie Guerrero Frogsplash.  He was the all star of this match.  I can't wait for him to go against Dragon Lee.  An overlooked spot is the totally perfect toprope elbow from Matt Jackson.  This is definitely a trios lucha libre style match-  in that it isn't built on selling or getting heat on a babyface, it's about hitting your spots and trying to put your opponent out.  So this is a lucha trios match but they skipped the first two caidas.  The finish was a great ode to Lucha Libre with a TWIST!  That was great.  TOO MUCH DESSERT!  I love how supportive Jade Cargill is to her Baddies.  I love that shit.  Athena is so fucking awesome.  She leans into Hogan's punch and adjusts to Hogan being out of position for her tope. THEN she leans into Red Velvet pulling her legs out on the apron.  She's flippin' Beautiful Bobby Eaton. While you were wallowing in picture in picture, we few, we lucky few, got to see Athena make Hogan's offense look like a imllion bucks. I love that Hogan gets to focus on being a wee ass stomper since she was inducted into the Baddies.  Athena's TRANSITION to offense is a GNARLEY Judo flip directly onto Hogan. Man, they should have saved for the part all the rubes could see.  That was fucking awesome.  Athena is all about a hurty looking offense.  What we who can see the whole match note is that this was a REAL old school wrestling match.  The heel beats on our beloved babyface and the crowd gets behind her comeback.  The heel needs to look credible beating the life out of the face and the face needs to sell the heels offense so it looks deadly.  The babyfaces comeback has to be hot and dynamic. There were a couple spots where folks were scrambling to get in position for Athena's spots but man that was a good blueprint for Cargill versus Athena.  Go straight up Flair/Steamboat with it.  The Box Promos!  I saw Naylor call it that and he worked for the WWE!  Ethan Page is transitioning from Tay's dad to general grumpy crank.  The picture in picture further tells the story of Scorpio as the veteran hard ass dismantling the upstart.  It's a good story and Martin has been the beneficiary of being in some pretty big stories like that- vs Danielson, vs Rey Fenix.  This isn't as good as those because it isn't completely focused on Martin like those were.  This is like the Athena match, except Athena is better at selling an assbeating and her offense is Pain Based, not Pretty Based.  Martin does hit some beautiful highspots though.  He just needs to work on the parts between the high spots.  Either way, this match was pretty good.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Adam Cole is a fantastic commentator. His mic work in general is so good and totally overlooked by the exasperated club of hating death val posters.

INTERIM CHAMPION, DADDY!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I reckon there's a possibility that the Bucks and Lucha Bros might have gone a minute or two over their time, and so HobbsStarks decided to have a match shorter than their box promo, to allow the Ladies' match to go it's full planned length. Team Taz = True Gentlemen.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Adam Cole is a fantastic commentator. His mic work in general is so good and totally overlooked by the exasperated club of hating death val posters.

For all his faults, you are right here. He did a great job commentating.

• Like 1

Now the stinker in me wants Cole to win for the memes.

Danielson or Kingston would be awesome but I low key want them to win it eventually in a different way.

Darby would be wild and an interesting shock.

Moxley is a safe pick and would do fantastic. Plus being a 2 time champ would be a cool thank you for being the pandemic champion and give audiences a chance to see his entrance with the belt through the crowd. Plus you’d get Mox vs Tanahashi which they hinted at before Mox’s hiatus.

Not for Hangman because he just lost it. Unless it leads to a turn but idk about that.

Christian would be weird but unexpected.

What Main Eventers am I missing?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

15 minutes ago, porksweats said:

For all his faults, you are right here. He did a great job commentating.

Keeps Adam Cole out of the ring so I'm all for it ?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2