DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/9/22

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

if that front row dork is gonna show up with an anti-Hangman sign, could he at least put a road sign under it so that it could be used in the match?

AEW security needed to yank him after the first hour, given him his $200 back, and given the seat to someone who wanted to enjoy the show rather than get themselves over on their internet board. Frequently detracted from the action.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

was Killer Tim Brooks (Keith Lee's trainer) in that part of Texas when you first saw pro wrestling?

I was three in 1969 so I wasn't really hip to it.  I do remember hiding behind the couch cushions because Dusty Rhodes was yelling very loudly.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JLowe said:

AEW security needed to yank him after the first hour, given him his $200 back, and given the seat to someone who wanted to enjoy the show rather than get themselves over on their internet board. Frequently detracted from the action.

maybe they should occasionally switch up which side is on the hard camera to frustrate the people whose goal in life involves being on TV

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Keith Lee is from Witchita Falls, Texas.  That's where I was living when I first ever saw pro wrestling.  My sister was born there.

As you know, Wichita Falls is halfway (sort of) between Amarillo/West Texas State area and the Dallas Sportatorium. No wonder he’s a hoss that’s also athletic. 

• Like 2

I like the Hangman/Bret comparison. Regardless of how this title reign goes (good so far, ennit?), I get the feeling he will always have to prove himself with some smart inside-cradle or flippy-do off ref Aubrey's pony-tail sort of magic.

Always uphill for a 21st century cowboy (who's not in sex-work, I'm guessing)...

That bump on the ring-steps, though. Yeesh.

• Like 2

I loved that tag match. I am just wondering if Punk has these tapes already or if Bob Barnet is still around. That was some perfect 1987 NWA syndicated thing. Cash Wheeler’s mullet is a MVP level. MJF watching in the background and having a tantrum was also A+ 80s villainry.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Missed the sign. What did it say? Can’t imagine it’s enough to warrant a boot when everyone else’s annoying signs get a pass. 

He had like 100 of them and some head cutouts and was all about getting himself over, it was getting to the point that he was even pissing off the people around him who may have actually been his friends.

• Like 3

First 15 minutes made me think I was watching Raw, please don’t do that again for a long time. In general, the first 30-40 minutes was a challenge.

Wardlow’s overhead belly-to-belly supley (said in Solie voice) were Steineresque. More impressive than the power bombs IMO.

I don’t know who Jay White is but I guess he’s Bullet Club but also Kenny’s enemy?

I’ve never actually seen Keith Lee wrestle and holy hell how did WWE mess that up? Good lord. Also credit to Kassidy for bumping like a fiend. I legit thought Lee was going to try and catch both Lee and Quen at the same time. I want to see Keith Lee squashing fools. I want to see Keith Lee beat Hook.

FTR are my favorites and I don’t think they lost any heat losing THAT match versus Punk and Mox. So much going on. Did I mark out for Tully taking the GTS. Hell yes. Did I mark out more for the Doomsday Device? Actually it was close.

No idea who AQA is but surprised she got as much as she did, and nice shooting star press. Not sure why they would expose their secondary women’s champion so openly on TV like that.

The Deeb challenge is good, it’s going to take time for it to get legs and tonight it was lost on the crowd (and basically served as a cooler).

Page hit a gusher, he had more color in 5 seconds than Archer had all match. Lots of violence, taking down the top rope to stop the Buckshot was clever and well sold by the announcers. Did I mark out for Jake the Snake? Yes, yes I did. They really need to chill on these ring steps spots, too unpredictable. Incredible finish with the ref slingshot out of nowhere. And I was all skeptical about the barbed wire until I saw Archer’s back and Page’s arm post-match.

Problems included that shithead in the front row (taking away from a generally hot crowd), some pacing of matches and the show itself, and timing of commercials and spots. Still, two PPV level matches for free, again.

• Like 3

It started off slow, but it sure got rolling.

The thing about Keith Lee. It really made me think how the WWE screwed him up. Seeing him tonight was like that never happened so let us never speak of it again.

Punk/Moxley vs. FTR was such a fun match. Moxley looks so rejuvenated now that he's sober.

And what can be said about that Death match that hasn't all ready. I honestly wasn't expecting such a blood soaked match. But, man Hangman sure did bring it.

• Like 5

I want to see a Keith Lee and Dante Martin tag team where half of their moves are just Keith Lee yeeting Dante. Corner to corner senton. Press Dante into a shooting star press. Yeet Dante 12 feet into the air and 12 feet outside the ring onto the opponents. Like a more ridiculous, successful Chaos Project.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I don’t know who Jay White is but I guess he’s Bullet Club but also Kenny’s enemy?

Jay White took over leadership of Bullet Club when Kenny and the Elite were kicked out. White had previously turned down Kenny's offer to join BC and instead joined Chaos.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1