DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/9/22

5 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Not meaning to bag on WWE but they're known for that so just keep it there.

Used sparingly, it can give people the feeling that they're getting something a little extra. Especially good way to string people along with the mystery partner angle on a night where big things were promised. Like everything, it's a tool and can be used well or poorly.

As with the DQ on Rampage, I'm happy to see Tony fiddling around with new tools. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

Think I have only heard JR that sincere about anything in AEW maybe two other times. Mox pushing for the title and Punk debut. Still, this felt more like Mid South Jim Ross. 

I was fully expecting that Good Ole would go full grandpa over a big man like Lee "voluntarily leaving his feet." Hearing JR mark out for Limitless Lee was straight up heartwarming. A very pleasant surprise indeed. One of the best things about the show, which is saying something.

• Like 9

Where are Fish and O’Reilly? Could they not get more PTO from the Keebler Tree?

Three Adam Cole appearances is two too many. Imagine thinking the linchpin guy for the show you beat so bad it changed formats & nights is the key guy for you. People didn’t watch nXt 1.0 for a reason.

I liked mostly everything. That main was an absolute slasher flick. Awesome.

Imagine not thinking Keith Lee could draw just being Keith Lee. Idiots.

• Like 5

Jay White coming through the Forbidden Door has me hopeful for an eventual Young Bucks/Omega vs. Cole/ReDRagon vs. Jay White/GoD feud. 

Great debut for Keith Lee. He looked like he was having the time of his life. Props to Private Party for doing their part in making a memorable debut for Lee.

Unadvertised Punk/Moxley vs. FTR? Sign me up for that anytime. 

A really fun main event. How about that pop for Jake's short-arm clothesline and the DDT tease?

I wanted to go to this show, but have been under the weather lately. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 13

Fresh Thoughts:

This would have been boderline overkill after the surprises tonight in Jay White and Keith Lee, but how crazy would it have been if CM Punk brought out Samoa Joe as his partner? Still hoping I get to see Joe, Punk, and Danielson all in the same promotion for the first time since ROH.  

Adam Cole has really not been presented as a credible challenger for the AEW Championship with all due respect, and aside from his epics with Bryan Danielson, Adam Page's reign leaves a lot to be desired.  I was hoping his first challenger after Danielson would be Ricky Starks or Hobbs, followed by a PPV showdown with Miro.  Lance Archer was a serviceable Kane here, but this title reign is looking similar to D Bryans after his WrestleMania moment.  

Amped up for Adam Coles eventual takeover and turn on The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega, but he needs to stray far away from slapstick and get more serious and vicious. 

Wardlow has some of the best facial expressions in the business.  When he finally has enough of MJF's shit, the pop should be glorious. 

Love T Kahn going with two womens matches tonight, although back to back enhancement talent matches probably wasnt the best idea, the crowd was "you can hear a pin drop" quiet.  Jade Cargill needs some veterans to get her over, like Melina, Molly Holly, or Gail Kim.  Shes not yet capable of calling her spots and when you stick her with young talent, her green glows like a lantern. 

Keith Lee is so much money the federal reserve couldnt print it fast enough.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jay White coming through the Forbidden Door has me hopeful for an eventual Young Bucks/Omega vs. Cole/ReDRagon vs. Jay White/GoD feud. 

Great debut for Keith Lee. He looked like he was having the time of his life. Props to Private Party for doing their part in making a memorable debut for Lee.

Unadvertised Punk/Moxley vs. FTR? Sign me up for that anytime. 

A really fun main event. How about that pop for Jake's short-arm clothesline and the DDT tease. 

I wanted to go to this show, but have been under the weather lately. 

Hope you feel better ASAP, friend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Still, this felt more like Mid South Jim Ross. 

It was probably the ghost of Bill Watts coming out his mouth. "He woulda been my champ Jimmy! SAY IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT."

Only caught the two women's matches and the main. Serena winning in exactly one minute was perfect. Whoever beats her is made. The other match was... well, Jade looked fine. The main was right up my alley obviously. Why hire Shane when Murderhawk will dive through glass for you? If Jake had hit the DDT I would have lost it, disappointed in that. 

• Like 5

the visual of Adam Cole holding the hilariously big AEW title belt was fun though. Excited for Cole vs Page for the rights to the name "Adam"

also guessing the Tony Khan Huge Announcement is sorta like the Bossman secretly lifting the briefcase in the ladder match, rejoining the Corporation, and people needing it explained in small words as to what happened.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ChrisPBacon said:

Fresh Thoughts:

This would have been boderline overkill after the surprises tonight in Jay White and Keith Lee, but how crazy would it have been if CM Punk brought out Samoa Joe as his partner? Still hoping I get to see Joe, Punk, and Danielson all in the same promotion for the first time since ROH.  

Adam Cole has really not been presented as a credible challenger for the AEW Championship with all due respect, and aside from his epics with Bryan Danielson, Adam Page's reign leaves a lot to be desired.  I was hoping his first challenger after Danielson would be Ricky Starks or Hobbs, followed by a PPV showdown with Miro.  Lance Archer was a serviceable Kane here, but this title reign is looking similar to D Bryans after his WrestleMania moment.  

Amped up for Adam Coles eventual takeover and turn on The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega, but he needs to stray far away from slapstick and get more serious and vicious. 

Wardlow has some of the best facial expressions in the business.  When he finally has enough of MJF's shit, the pop should be glorious. 

Love T Kahn going with two womens matches tonight, although back to back enhancement talent matches probably wasnt the best idea, the crowd was "you can hear a pin drop" quiet.  Jade Cargill needs some veterans to get her over, like Melina, Molly Holly, or Gail Kim.  Shes not yet capable of calling her spots and when you stick her with young talent, her green glows like a lantern. 

Keith Lee is so much money the federal reserve couldnt print it fast enough.

Adam Cole can’t be serious & vicious. He’s not credible as a killer heel. Sneaky, smug & athletic is how wheelhouse.

• Like 5

Keith Lee looked liked a man renewed.  You could literally feel him having fun, and soaking in being Keith Lee. 

FTR losing drives me nuts but a CM Punk/Mox pairing was certainly great. 

Adam Page is ready to kill himself as champ; not sure if I can remember a champ working this hard since well Brett Hart in some ways. 

Wardlow is over - ready to explode. Keith Lee/Wardlow/Murderhawk - nice set of monsters to build off. 

• Like 5

Fuuuuuuuck that was such a fun show to watch.

Only rough spot was the TBS title match.

Other than that....WHOA.

Was Punk/Mox vs FTR the first match in Dynamite history that was booked for later in the show? What a goddamn great match.

There are a few ways the Inner Circle stuff can go...they have my interest.

KNIFE PERVERT!!! 

Keith Lee looked soooo BOSS. 

And Archer & Hangman really let it all hang out for the main event. A beautiful violent bloodbath. Hangman looks king sized coming out of that.

Thanks again AEW for making pro wrestling fun again ❤

• Like 10