DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/9/22

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

Looks like Revolution is starting to take shape now. Hangman/Cole, Sammy/Andrade/Darby, Punk/MJF 2 w/ Wardlow turn, Death Triangle / House of Black, PnP/JE, Kingston/Jericho, Rosa/Baker maybe and something for Cargill. 

Only interest I have in Page/Cole is Page retaining as Cole does nothing for me. To add your post, Danielson vs. Moxley unless they team up. Thinking it'll be the former.

• Like 4

Oh man, that was fucking great episode of Dynamite.  SIGN AQA NOW.  They should build up her beating Cargill on her fiftieth win. The FTR/Punk-Moxley match was fucking great- like a 1996 AJPW tag match.  Punk is so awesome as the aging underdog.  The struggle for him to get his win back is going to be epic.   I loved how he had to struggle to keep up with Moxley. The Texas deathmatch was beautifully blood drenched.  The Keith Lee debut was the best way to build up to Isiah Kassidy screaming like a little girl.  AND JAY WHITE!  YAY!  AEW RULES!  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I really love there were two times where there was incidental contact between Mox and Punk.  Both times I thought Mox would say "Fuck this" and turn on him.  But nope, simple miscommunication and they were all fine and dandy after winning.

And the reason I love it so much?  Those are just two little breadcrumbs that Danielson could use to further his case for Mox joining him.  I could be reading too much into it but AEW has definitely made it worthwhile to pay attention to the small things.  Whether he mentions it Friday or it's referenced down the line I think it's something I'll think back to as this angle gets going.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I really love there were two times where there was incidental contact between Mox and Punk.  Both times I thought Mox would say "Fuck this" and turn on him.  But nope, simple miscommunication and they were all fine and dandy after winning.

And the reason I love it so much?  Those are just two little breadcrumbs that Danielson could use to further his case for Mox joining him.  It could be reading too much into it but whether he mentions it Friday or it's referenced down the line I think it's something I'll think back to as this angle gets going.

I'd like to think the Mox/Punk miscommunication was a callback to Strike Force vs. Brain Busters from WMV, which also took place in Atlantic City. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

What a show. Very action packed. 

Loved the pop for Switchblade appearing. Great debut for Keith Lee.  Note Matt Hardy leaving the match the way that Jeff left WWE.

Punk/Moxley vs. FTR was amazing. So much good stuff here. Loved FTR busting out the AMW Death Sentence and Punk/Moxley with the Doomsday. Lots of fun sequences, believable near falls, epic Tully interference. Awesome match.

Thought Jade/AQA was fun until falling apart towards the end. AQA's shooting star ruled. Laughed out loud at Cutler saying he "read about Jay White coming in on Reddit". Serena is the best.

Solid main event blood brawl even with the outcome never in doubt. The steps bump was killer, thought Hangman was up a little quick from that. Hangman studying his Anna Jay with the barbed wire arm. Very good finish. Great show.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Looks like Revolution is starting to take shape now. Hangman/Cole, Sammy/Andrade/Darby, Punk/MJF 2 w/ Wardlow turn, Death Triangle / House of Black, PnP/JE, Kingston/Jericho, Rosa/Baker maybe and something for Cargill. 

I see Darby and Andrade being in the ladder match. With Sammy saying he'd be focussing on that match, I doubt we get a TNT title match at Revolution.

I'd like to see the Deeb/Shida blow-off make the PPV as well.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

keeping in mind there could always be a WWE optical illusion where Keith Lee's size could seem a little different next to 6'7/270 Dijakovic and 6'0/215 Kassidy

Yeah, I really couldn't tell if he'd added pounds or not. 2.0 looked a lot smaller before AEW, too...

I loved how AQA took moves; great physical charisma. Kinda thought she had it with the Shooting Star, but i guess i'm gulliver...

as for Matt Hardy...drug test that fucker. NO ONE WALKS OUT; that's Bill Goldberg Russo-era SHIT~

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, The Natural said:

FLMxSHCVkAQIgKm?format=jpg&name=large

*Record scratch* *Freeze frame*  Yup, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got into this situation…

In my mind I'm picturing the match ending by COR after Kassidy never comes down. NORAD has him entering Canadian airspace.

Main event was a violent treat but they're wandering dangerously close to cliche with Page bleeding big in every match (seriously, I think it's happened in every one of his title defenses). Hopefully they stop leaning so heavily on blood going forward.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pete said:

In my mind I'm picturing the match ending by COR after Kassidy never comes down. NORAD has him entering Canadian airspace.

Main event was a violent treat but they're wandering dangerously close to cliche with Page bleeding big in every match (seriously, I think it's happened in every one of his title defenses). Hopefully they stop leaning so heavily on blood going forward.

All three, correct. Twice vs. Bryan Danielson and now with Lance Archer.